Wiki Posts
Search

Penthouse 38 MGM Signature

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Penthouse 38 MGM Signature

http://www.penthouse38.com/

Does anyone know much about this place? I am trying to find a place in Vegas that will fit 8 (we don't want connecting rooms. 2 bedroom suite/condo is preferred). However, I cannot find any information on rates from this place. I sent an inquiry on TripAdvisor and on their website but no response.

On Tripadvisor it states around $300 a night, in which that seems too inexpensive.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
Honestly, this looks like specific rooms within Signature at MGM Grand. MGM is big on their "hotel with a hotel", and this seems like another.

For the record, Signature at MGM Grand is a great property. Probably not the multi-BR you're looking for though.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
As maanfi24 said, this looks like two adjacent suites at the Signature at MGM Grand property. I believe that some adjacent suites have a third common door that leads to both suites, turning these into pseudo-two-bedroom suites. I've paid about $150/night for one suite (over a weekend), so $300/night for two suites sounds about right.

I agree that it's a very nice place, but I don't know if it meets your needs. There is a booking facility on the Web site you listed; is it not working properly? Why don't you want connecting rooms?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
MGM Grand has 2BR suites as well that share a giant living room... they're the Marquee Suite. These suites will probably be more than these "Penthouse Suites" at the Signature. Keep in mind that you can easily get a 2BR at the Signature by booking a 1BR with an adjoining Studio Suite.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:40 am

Perhaps you already know this, but Penthouse 38 is not owned or operated by MGM Resorts. This appears to be a company that offers short-term rentals for the units they own within the Signature towers.

According to the website, there is no housekeeping. They don't allow early check-ins or late check-outs. They even state that you will be "charged $25 per each half hour beginning at 11:30 A.M" on your departure date. Additionally, You must pay in full 14 days prior to arrival. A damage deposit of $250 is also required. If you cancel or shorten your stay, you get no refund and they keep that $250.

My favorite restriction: If you have any maintenance issues, you're supposed to email the owner. Apparently he only accepts calls "if it is an EMERGENCY (only)".

I don't care what the rate is, I'd never agree to all those restrictions when there are so many other options in Las Vegas.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:22 pm

Yes, definitely just a condo owned by an individual who is renting it out. I would stay clear.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Perhaps you already know this, but Penthouse 38 is not owned or operated by MGM Resorts. This appears to be a company that offers short-term rentals for the units they own within the Signature towers..
... not to mention that this stay won't count as a Hyatt stay.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info, really helped! After reading your posts and doing research I decided to go the Bellagio route. Higher price, but a peace of mind (no restrictions) is priceless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.