FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Gold Passport - 40% bonus on purchased points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1695218-hyatt-gold-passport-40-bonus-purchased-points.html)

hailstorm Apr 12, 2016 5:52 am

http://f.e.hyatt.com/i/25/2089055392...1_EM_Final.jpg

PancakeGames Apr 22, 2016 8:21 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino (Post 26473166)
Bummer. I went for the 30% offer that came last month, since I've been making a lot of P+C booking lately.

Of course, maybe this new 40% deal is targeted...

I never got an email or a mailer - I randomly checked on the cost of Hyatt points and saw an offer for a 40% bonus because my 'loyalty deserves to be rewarded.' (I agree!)

My offer also expires Apr 29, 2016.

gum Apr 22, 2016 8:43 am

Checked the purchase options and saw the 40 % bonus for every level beginning with the minimum transaction of 1,000 points. ^

BTW: Just a Gold member. Seems to be the same offer valid till April 29th, 2016.

So if you have to top up some points to reach the next level for the redemption this would be a fine opportunity.

Seems to be a fair deal due to the fact that you can buy 2,800 points for 48 USD giving you the opportunity to upsell your next stay to the Regency Club. (3,000 points per night).

The price difference in some German hotels could be well over 78-80 Euros (approx. more than 88 US-Dollar).

Usual rules of the minimum rate apply but it seems that it is widely available.

So it could be also a good option for Gold members for a next longer weekend stay.

serpens Apr 22, 2016 9:16 am

Originally Posted by PancakeGames (Post 26520712)
I never got an email or a mailer - I randomly checked on the cost of Hyatt points and saw an offer for a 40% bonus because my 'loyalty deserves to be rewarded.' (I agree!)

No email, mailer, or bonus points for me.

From goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/combine_transfer.jsp, I clicked Purchase Points Now and was transferred to buy.points.com, where I needed to login again. Did I go to the right place?

PancakeGames Apr 22, 2016 11:22 am

Originally Posted by serpens (Post 26520974)
No email, mailer, or bonus points for me.

From goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/combine_transfer.jsp, I clicked Purchase Points Now and was transferred to buy.points.com, where I needed to login again. Did I go to the right place?

Correct. Do you currently have any status with Hyatt?

hailstorm Apr 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by PancakeGames (Post 26521512)
Correct. Do you currently have any status with Hyatt?

More importantly, have you ever purchased points from Hyatt before?

Runner123 Apr 22, 2016 3:23 pm

I do have status, but have never purchased points. I am a Platinum, and just stayed at the downtown Boston Hyatt Regency the end of March for two nights. I was hoping to be able to buy some, and contacted Hyatt by email, and they said I was not eligible. Should I try calling instead? I am not trying to buy thousands of points-maybe 5000 or so for a stay in Tampa this January.

hailstorm Apr 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Runner123 (Post 26522474)
I do have status, but have never purchased points.

Well, there you go. This promotion is a reward for those that have.

serpens Apr 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Yes to status, no to having purchased points, and now I understand. Thanks for the responses.

Maybe I should make a minimum purchase of points in hopes of being included in the next offer?

frenchft Apr 23, 2016 2:25 am

Try hilton : 100% purchase point till june... this is a real bargain!

Sweet Willie Apr 23, 2016 9:15 am

Originally Posted by frenchft (Post 26523936)
Try hilton : 100% purchase point till june... this is a real bargain!

eye of the beholder recommendation. I was just able to finally book ~500k HHonors points on a worthwhile stay over high season. I have zero plans to acquire anymore, HHonors program just doesn't work for me.

serpens Apr 23, 2016 9:50 am

I'd like to try Hilton, but with three different browsers (Firefox, Safari, and Chrome), I get an error message when I get transferred to points.com.

frenchft Apr 23, 2016 11:32 am

Originally Posted by serpens (Post 26524755)
I'd like to try Hilton, but with three different browsers (Firefox, Safari, and Chrome), I get an error message when I get transferred to points.com.

the same for me till yesterday with hyatt. Was not working. Now it works fine, will buy few points in order to "finish my account" with a last stay with points and cash.

frenchft Apr 23, 2016 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 26524658)
eye of the beholder recommendation. I was just able to finally book ~500k HHonors points on a worthwhile stay over high season. I have zero plans to acquire anymore, HHonors program just doesn't work for me.

Agree, depends of the locations / season. Right now i stay in a Conrad for 12K + 45USD ... they are some good deals, but agree in some cities, it's really complicated to get good deals with points.

Will buy to use at hilton kiev (350USD or 30 000 during week end, so worth buying points at 100% bonus).

gum Apr 27, 2016 3:40 am

Many thanks to the thread opener and the FTers!

This is just a tiny thank you to Single_Flyer and all other FTers!

Have topped up the account yesterday.

It now correctly reflects: (N*3),06N points. :D

The bonus saved me some bucks, otherwise I think I wouldn't have bought the points without the enhanced exchange rate during the bonus period. :)