Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New York Hyatt - Family of Four - Using DSU

New York Hyatt - Family of Four - Using DSU

Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Went ahead and got the PH ADA double for 5 nights. Will try either the Andaz for the suite or NJ perhaps for the view as mentioned. Thanks!
This would also be my choice. 2 queens in 800sf without needing to use a DSU.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
options for non-diamond

Also looking to go to New York for a few days in the spring, and thinking about options.

My wife and I have been to NYC several/many times, but would be the first time for the kids, aged 8 and 6. I will no longer be a diamond, but would/could use an expiring DSU.

I see the comments here about the Jersey City Hyatt, and that's a strong option, but without getting free diamond breakfast, I'm not sure what the options are around there for 'cheaper' b'fast. I know that if I'm anywhere in Manhattan I can walk <1 block and find a diner/deli/something with easy b'fast options...

Seems like just about the only official choice to get 4 pax in one room in Manhattan is the PH - how easy is it to get the ADA double using points/p&C?

thanks for thoughts/comments
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kevneerg
the splash suite, which the dsu upgrades you to at the andaz 5th ave would fit the bill. one child could sleep on sofa and another on a rollaway. don't think a 4th person would be too big a deal.
For a four night stay with Ms. Travelexpert, myeslf and our 15 year old daughter next month: with DSU am trying to decide on Andaz 5th Avenue Balcony Suite versus Hyatt Centric Times Square Executive Suite.

Appreciate feedback on which is the better choice from standpoint of both the suite and hotel itself.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by travelexpert
For a four night stay with Ms. Travelexpert, myeslf and our 15 year old daughter next month: with DSU am trying to decide on Andaz 5th Avenue Balcony Suite versus Hyatt Centric Times Square Executive Suite.

Appreciate feedback on which is the better choice from standpoint of both the suite and hotel itself.
I'd rather be in the Andaz 5th area than TS. The balcony suite is quite nice but probably worn like our Splash suite was. Centric service could be better. Service has never been Andaz 5th's strong suit in my stay experience. Breakfast could be better at 5th.

Centric charges to receive packages and my wife likes to do a lot of online shopping ahead of our stay so that ruled out TS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.