Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Arrival after lounge closed, Departure before lounge/restaurant opens

Old Jul 6, 15, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond

Among the best hotels guests are likely the ones who arrive late and/or depart early. The question here is whether members are aware of any hotels that allow you to grab from their snack shop if you arrive after the lounge closes or the depart before the lounge or breakfast opens. This would be separate from the welcome amenity. I am thinking this because I will be arriving at the HR Orlando Airport after 11:00pm and departing before 6am on another day. I image this is more likely to occur at airport hotels. I will start the list with the only one I am aware of:

Hyatt Rosemont (not HR Ohare): allows you to grab a certain amt per guest if you need to catch your plane before the restaurant opens for breakfast.
Old Jul 6, 15, 10:32 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

One Asian Hyatt hotel I had to do that at gave me a "bento", which consisted of a fresh green juice, fresh fruit and some of the Lounge muffins or pastries. Maybe suggest that for your brief stay?
Old Jul 6, 15, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many Hyatt lounges have longer hours for lounge use than the posted times for evening snacks. Whenever the lounge is open, you can get cold drinks and often coffee and tea. In some lounges, you can buy a drink a bit later and desserts appear after the evening appetizers disappear.
Old Jul 6, 15, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
One Asian Hyatt hotel I had to do that at gave me a "bento", which consisted of a fresh green juice, fresh fruit and some of the Lounge muffins or pastries. Maybe suggest that for your brief stay?
If you're in the hotel more than one night, try asking the lounge attendant on your penultimate morning. They might be willing to wrap some pastries and give you a breakfast doggie bag including whole fruit rather than juice (unless the lounge has juice in small containers) for your last and very early breakfast. This works especially well if your room has a coffee maker. [You can do this yourself by purchasing a nice piece of pastry the day before your early departure. Just look for a Starbucks or similar in the airport on your way in or in the hotel lobby if you don't see a bakery nearby. It's only a couple dollars.] OTOH, you can go to the airport a bit early and purchase breakfast there, although I've seen long lines before the very first flights of the day. Most lounges offer an acceptable light breakfast if breakfast isn't going to be served on your flight.
Old Jul 6, 15, 11:47 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by thucanhho View Post
... aware of any hotels that allow you to grab from their snack shop if you arrive after the lounge closes or the depart before the lounge or breakfast opens.
Many hotels allow this. A partial list, from my own recent experiences: Hyatt Place Downtown Minneapolis, Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Hyatt Regency DFW, the one you mentioned (Hyatt Rosemont), Andaz Liverpool Street.

At hotels with a lounge, in many cases the lounge is available around the clock (with your keycard), including: HR New Orleans, HR O'Hare, HR Santa Clara.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Jul 7, 15 at 1:20 am
Old Jul 7, 15, 4:27 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
PH DXB gave us free romm service BF, when we left real early.
Old Jul 7, 15, 4:47 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

GH SIN offered room service continental breakfast for a departure before lounge opening.
Old Jul 8, 15, 12:33 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
HR Orlando airport has always allowed room service if you have an early flight and Hemispheres is not opened.
Old Jul 8, 15, 1:27 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
GH SIN offered room service continental breakfast for a departure before lounge opening.
But cant you just get breakfast downstairs? (or does the lounge open when the downstairs restaurant opens?)
Old Jul 8, 15, 10:56 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Hyatt MCO does not deliver room service until 5:30 but they do have a bagged breakfast for this specific situation. Just ask at check in.
Old Jul 8, 15, 11:46 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

GH Seoul makes an accommodation for me and I'm grateful to have the warm coffee or green juice. I'm sure they would be willing to do the same for others.

GH Tokyo gave me room service breakfast when I had to leave the hotel before Grand Club opened. I don't always see eye to eye with Mr. Dewire but that was a nice gesture on his part.
Old Jul 8, 15, 12:34 pm

Due to an early flight out of SIN, and having to leave the hotel at 6am, the GH SIN offered us full room service breakfast, even before their actual room service times for breakfast.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: