Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
any recent stays here?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
any recent stays here?
Sure, what do you want to know?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Sure, what do you want to know?
how lively the area around the hotel is (eateries n izakaya) as well as recent upgrade benefits for explorist members
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
how lively the area around the hotel is (eateries n izakaya) as well as recent upgrade benefits for explorist members
Plenty of Izakaya and restaurants in the area. No explorist benefits to speak of...
Old May 29, 2018, 3:40 pm

Just returned from a 3-hyatt stay in Japan. PH Tokyo, GH Fukuoka, and HR Okinawa Naha. The HR Okinawa property is quite nice. Good location within walking distance of the monorail, and central to the tourist shopping district. We had a club twin room. The room was modern and good in size with nice views. Functional layout without much wasted space and room to move around. Furniture was newish and well maintained. Bathroom was a bit plain, but served its purposes. The air conditioning worked well, which is important to us, particularly given outside temps and humidity.

The hotel was a step up from the tired GH Fukuoka.

The club lounge was nice and, while busy during the weekend, wasn't overcrowded. There were good selections of food and drink items available, and staff were always circulating. During evening service there were a selection of alcohol and mixers, including a bottle of local Okinawan liquor (awamori). Had very good experience with with lounge staff with regard to booking activities. Over the weekend, we were provided with vouchers for breakfast in the downstairs restaurant. While the restaurant had lots of items, it seemed to cater to mostly Chinese tour groups and was quite crowded. Breakfast in the lounge was definitely calmer.

Overall, a hotel I would return to gladly.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:06 am

any recent stays here?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
is it worth to stay here for one night, or should I just go straight to the hyatt at Seragaki island
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Might be worth it to stay a night just to avoid the huge traffic jams getting through Naha.
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Any updates for this hotel? I might stay here later this month.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 12:08 pm

Anyone stay here recently? Considering staying here for a last min after business trip for 3 days first week of July
Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:47 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by PathSelector
Anyone stay here recently? Considering staying here for a last min after business trip for 3 days first week of July
I stayed here with the family last summer and really liked it. Location is good and unlimited Orion in the Regency Club from 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:53 pm

Stayed twice for one night on our way in and out of Naha airport. Booked a base room, both stays upgraded to deluxe. Great location. Nice looking property both inside and out. Impeccable service. Room was nicely appointed, well-organized, not too spacious but not cramped. We found the lounge breakfast to be solid and the cocktail hour to be quite good....both better than the HR Seragaki. Breakfast in the restaurant was available for an upcharge but we did not partake.

Had no issue with receiving 4pm late checkout. However, due to our itinerary for the day, I really hoped to have 5pm checkout. Would really help us a lot. I asked at the lounge and was denied. I tried once more at the front desk on our way out for the day and was again very politely denied. However, after I had exited the hotel by about 30 feet, a manager of some sort caught up to me and after catching his breath he explained that he overheard my request and being a globalist, I would be granted the 5pm checkout. Very kind of him to help out.

We enjoyed our stays and wouldn't hesitate to return.
astra19e likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
We may have overlapped @projectmaximus
Hasn't been a review in months and now two come along at once!

I enjoyed my stay, though it wasn't without its minor faults.
The good:
AC could only be set as low as 22c but it cooled the room down very quickly.
Staff were always friendly and cheerful.
An enormous list of amenities, even for Japan they had everything.
Comfy bed which wasn't quite as hard as most beds in Japanese hotels.
Great breakfast in the lounge, didn't see the need to pay for the upgrade.
When the lounge was busy, the bar area behind would be opened which was nice. The terrace, though mainly used by transient smokers, was a bonus that most people didn't seem to know about.
We ate dinner one evening at the sister resort in Seragaki which was excellent.

The not so good:
We were in an executive suite, which was nice and spacious but all of the furniture was a bit too big for room's size. For example, there was a huge ottoman beyond the coffee table. I'm not quite sure what purpose it was supposed to serve because it was on the other side of the (very large and heavy) coffee table so couldn't be used as a footstool, and it was too close to the TV to use as extra seating.
The blackout wasn't great. I wish hotels paid more attention to this as it's not that hard to get right. Too many buttons and panels in the suite had LED lights that in combination made the room nowhere near dark enough.
The toilet was really irritating. I had to unplug it at night because it would play a series of beeps as you approached it, then while in use, then a few minutes afterwards. Not sure what the designer was thinking.
While the staff were lovely, the standard of spoken English was generally quite low. Same at Seragaki. I had read this before about Okinawa so it wasn't a surprise, though it did make some communication quite tricky.
On that note, there was a bit of a goof with parking. We didn't have a car the day of arrival but said at check-in we would need to use parking later in the stay. They explained the charges, and that was that. When we came to park a few days later, the multi-story across the street had closed for the evening and someone from the hotel came to open it up again. He took the car into the multi-story elevator and it wasn't until we gave him our room number that he realised we were staying in a suite and were entitled to valet parking across the street. Unfortunately this hadn't been explained to us in advance and wasted about 20 minutes of everybody's time.
Cocktail time was pleasant, and although I can see it was a highlight for many people I found the food selection frankly quite weird. The hotel's signature is roast beef, and every day it was served with accompaniments like mashed potatoes and pasta. The selections were all really heavy; I'm not sure how many people would want to eat them and then go out for dinner. Some people I'm sure happily had the cocktail food as dinner alone. For vegetarians, there were close to zero options which isn't a huge surprise of course, but disregarding that I was expecting to see more in the way of canapes and amuse-bouches than slabs of piping hot beef and potatoes to be enjoyed under the hot sun! I was recently at the Regency in Belgrade and although that was overall much worse I thought that their cocktail hour was much better. I am sure I'm in the minority there complaining about too much food!

In general though a pleasant stay.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Room only cooled to 70 degrees after much begging and system overriding. Request for a fan either ignored or not possible (language barrier). Very very solid club lounge. The car garage is truly the most astonishing thing I’ve ever seen. Overall a very slick hotel with great Globalist treatment. Laundry is 500 JPY in coins but the dryer is not legit (combo machine like you see in RVs).

would not hesitate to come back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.