Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JoeWoodstock
I'll start a wiki, feel free to change/update:

Category:

Category 6 - 20,000 points per night (now 21k off-peak, 25k normal, and 29k peak)
Points and Cash - 10,000 points + $125 per night
Club (Points) - 27,000 points per night
Suite Upgrade (Points and Cash) - 6,000 points per night + Hyatt Daily Rate for Ocean View Room

19% total tax (16% VAT + 3% occupancy tax)
$25 per day resort fee

Upgrades:

DSU books into a Grand Suite King - http://playadelcarmen.grand.hyatt.co...oms/suite.html

Transportation:

At this time we do not have a transportation supplier selected, we apologize for this inconvenience, however we would like to suggest you some options that are available for your service:

(We are located next to “The Royal Hotel” in Playa del Carmen, please select that hotel as a reference in the browsers.)

FROM AIRPORT:
CANCUN EXPRESS
Prices:
$117 UDS (Round Trip)
$59 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: +52 1 (998) 195-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancun-express.com/
serviced by Cancun shuttle (2/6/16)

CANCUN SHUTTLE
Prices:
$140 USD (Round Trip)
$90 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservations Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: 1-888-414-0017 and +52 998 848 0335
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/
book through Cancun Express to get their lower rate

LOMAS TRAVEL
Prices:
$315 USD (Round Trip)
$110 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*Support Online
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Debit
Telephone: USA 314-669-6871

ADO BUS

GETTING ANYWHERE ALONG ROUTE 307, consider Collectivo:
This includes going to Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Xel Ha or anywhere else along 307.
Travel like the locals on the cheap
example PDC to Tulum: 40 peso ($2)pp, PDC to Akumal: 35pesos
taxi to Collectivo pickup site is 90 pesos
Warning: quick acceleration/deceleration may be tough on those with motion sickness

Parking On Site:

105 Pesos (as of 12/17/15)

Activites:
Tulum: entrance fee 65 euro, < 13yoa free
Akumal: nice beach, known for turtles, Lol Ha is a great beachside restaurant

Hotel now offers transport which can be billed to your room:

Greetings from the beautiful Riviera Maya! Thank you for contacting us.
On behalf Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort we appreciate your preference.
Regarding the transportation service, I would like to share with you the option our hotel offers:

GRAY LINE (Luxury Service in Mercedes Benz) Grand Hyatt transportation from CUN.

1 to 3 People SEDAN (with 3 pieces of luggage) 153 USD one way 255 RT
4 to 7 People VIANO (with up to 7 pieces of luggage) 180 USD one way 300 RT

· It is a Private transportation.
· It will be charged to your room account
· It provides luxury service

Dining on Property:

Dining off Property:

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FatB
Thanks but I don't think there's a national rental car near the grand Hyatt
Define 'near'? National Car Rental does not appear to be 'across the street' but there is a location a little over 10 blocks away.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Oh, you declined Hertz's insurance? I was too nervous to do that last time I was in Mexico. You used a Chase Sapphire to rent?

My understanding is that the rental rate is usually very low but that the insurance is usually 2x or more of the rate.
All rentals in Mexico include Liabilty, but they usually top out at ~$3000. Excess liability for Hertz runs $13/day, plus taxes/fees, so add another 40%(!) to that. I usually take it in Mex because your credit card doesn't cover that and the included liability is so low. Your credit card will cover the LDW/CDW side of things.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks but I don't think there's a national rental car near the grand Hyatt
Sorry, user error, I thought this was a different thread.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:30 pm

this hotel calls its $25/n resort fee "Svc Contribution" when booking at Hyatt.com

does this item get charged to Globalists?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The email also mention a fee," ENVIRONMENT SANITATION FEE OF $20.00 MXN PER DAY " Have anyone been charge this fee? We are Globalists and using points plus TSU, any fee would we be charged? Thank you!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone has the hotel email? Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by milemission
the email also mention a fee," environment sanitation fee of $20.00 mxn per day " have anyone been charge this fee? We are globalists and using points plus tsu, any fee would we be charged? Thank you!
$20 mxn = $1.02 us
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
$20 mxn = $1.02 us
Thanks for the information.

Also, has anyone used Hyatt giftcard there? Which credit card has better exchange rate? Chase Hyatt card or Citi Prestige? Thank you!

At a side note, at Tripadvisor.com the first review said " COURAGE FUYEZ - BE CAREFUL ROBBERY . we stayed at the grand hotel playa del carmen from the 13th to the 22th of november with our family. We reserved 2 double rooms. apart from the sewer smell on the beach. and a surprise at the chek out. we where asked for a 25 dollar sanitation tax per room.this is to say a 500 dollard overcharge for the 2 rooms nothing was mentionned on the contract."
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:47 pm

If you make a booking, the sanitation fee ("Environment Tax") shows as $1 US per day.

Originally Posted by milemission
a surprise at the chek out. we where asked for a 25 dollar sanitation tax per room.this is to say a 500 dollard overcharge for the 2 rooms nothing was mentionned on the contract."
Sounds to me like they confused the $25 resort fee ("Svc Contribution") with the $1 "Environment Tax."
Old May 17, 2018, 5:47 pm

Can anyone confirm if globalists are charged the $25/day service fee?

Any recent reviews here?
Old May 19, 2018, 5:33 pm

In March we stayed for 5 days, it was our 3rd visit in 15 months. Talked friends into joining us and they already booked a return. We absolutely love this resort. It's beyond delightful. Love the beach, pools, staff, v reasonable drink prices, meals at La Cocina, the lounge, we swam in the ocean morning noon and night. 5th Ave & it's shops/restaurants/bars is a 4 minute walk away. Last stay was with points and we had no additional charges beyond our dining/drinking on site and some spa charges. I was Diamond last year but on our visit in March I fell to the tier below Diamond. I'm so confused with the Hyatt categories - anyway, I'm the tier lower than Diamond. Took advantage of the free bikes they have - went exploring while my spouse was chilling under the shade. Biked to Mega and Walmart for sunscreen. Those fees are not true resort fees - they're mandated by the state or country - can't remember. But the $ goes to the govt, not to the hotel. Kinda like when you rent a car and have the pleasure of paying for the stadium in a city. Not much you can do.
By the way, I was bummed that our friends didn't arrive until Sunday because they missed the scene on Saturday, esp late in the day. What a hoot! Yeah, if you park yourself 2 inches from it, it's loud but the hotel has so much beach, and so many pools that it's easy to find a spot away from the club. You got to check it out late on a Saturday - it's wild, in a fun way. (No need to pay, just grab a lounger nearby and watch the crazy! If I were in my 20s and eager to party, I'd request a room near the day club.
Sorry to go on. Here's the info you need: [email protected] ELENA TORRES Reservations Manager
Old May 24, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by slm9555
Can anyone confirm if globalists are charged the $25/day service fee?

Any recent reviews here?
I just had a snippy rep on the phone who kept saying "its not a resort fee!" ad I kept saying "it sure looks like a resort fee" and she kept saying "it is a service contribution fee not a resort fee" and I kept saying, "but it seems like a resort fee" and so on and so on. Time to HUCA!!
Old May 24, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by katstarr
I just had a snippy rep on the phone who kept saying "its not a resort fee!" ad I kept saying "it sure looks like a resort fee" and she kept saying "it is a service contribution fee not a resort fee" and I kept saying, "but it seems like a resort fee" and so on and so on. Time to HUCA!!
Sounds like she had to deal with a snippy caller, as well.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:30 pm

No fees for globalists (in my experience)

stayed last month... paid cash... no service contribution fee.
katstarr likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
stayed last month... paid cash... no service contribution fee.
nice, how was your stay? Any comp upgrade?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.