Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Book through Hyatt or Amex Travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book through Hyatt or Amex Travel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:36 pm

I had recently booked a stay at the Bellagio through FHR. When/How do I earn points for my Hyatt GP account? Do I just give them my Hyatt GP# at the front desk upon check-in? Also, can I give them my M-Life card to double-dip in points?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I had recently booked a stay at the Bellagio through FHR. When/How do I earn points for my Hyatt GP account? Do I just give them my Hyatt GP# at the front desk upon check-in? Also, can I give them my M-Life card to double-dip in points?
That should work.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
This thread appears to be addressing AMEX FHR ... but what about amextravel.com? I have an AMEX offer for 10,000 MR points if I spend $500 on a prepaid hotel booking through amextravel - I know FHR stays count for stay credits, but does anybody have experience with amextravel.com-booked stays counting/not counting?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
This thread appears to be addressing AMEX FHR ... but what about amextravel.com? I have an AMEX offer for 10,000 MR points if I spend $500 on a prepaid hotel booking through amextravel - I know FHR stays count for stay credits, but does anybody have experience with amextravel.com-booked stays counting/not counting?
If it is prepaid via Amex Travel, it probably is not eligible for stay credit - but you still may want to book that way because 10,000 MR points (worth $100+) likely trumps GP credit for a $500 stay. You could always split the stay and combine with a Hyatt direct booking for additional nights, and of course get stay/night credit for that booking, making it irrelevant whether or not the amex booking is eligible for stay credit.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Blast from the past here - hope this is ok...I'm a recent convert to AmEx and have their platinum card, trying to make the most of all the offers and benefits they provide. The AmexTravel site appears to be a wildly different beast than when it was last discussed in the forum here, with a ton of hotels available, and also a separate faceted search for filtering on FHR and/or THC properties.

I'm noticing that almost every rate for properties I'm going to be staying at later this year exactly match the Hyatt standard rate when I look at their website for a direct booking.

That said...if I book through AmEx Travel for a Hyatt property, and the rate matches what's on the Hyatt.com website...will I get my base points? Prices are identical, and when I'm looking at the Hyatt Terms and Conditions for points they only talk about eligible rates these days...just want to be sure I'm on the right path, and hopefully able to double-dip the MR points and Hyatt base points as well. Maybe someday I can make it to be a lifetime Globalist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.