Ebay: 13% off Hyatt giftcards

Old May 27, 15, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Ebay: 13% off Hyatt giftcards

Not sure if this post belongs here (mods please feel free to move to approriate subforum) but eBay is offering 13% off Hyatt giftcards with free shipping and at least 2% ebay cashback. You can probably buy some ebay giftcards from staples (using Ink) and/or your grocery store (category bonus on whatever your choice of card) to make the deal sweeter.

Ebay Link for Hyatt Giftcard

REMINDER: I believe these giftcards are U.S.A and Caribbean use only.

DEAL IS BACK ON... now 12% off!(12/07/15)

I am in no way affiliated with this seller but have bought Chevron gascards with good outcomes.

Last edited by huynhc; Dec 7, 15 at 2:36 pm Reason: Deal is alive again! 12/07/15
Old May 28, 15, 2:22 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Thank you for this post.. I sprang for this deal, buying a good handful of the gift cards. The Terms and Conditions worry me a bit, especially this phrase:
Originally Posted by Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Card also not valid for negotiated rates, including volume, group, contracted, and any other rates that have been previously negotiated and agreed to in writing (whether paid by a group or on an individual basis).
Aren't all rates "agreed to in writing"? We'll find out soon enough! I'll use the cards within a few days after the postman brings them.
Originally Posted by huynhc View Post
... eBay is offering 13% off Hyatt giftcards with free shipping and at least 2% ebay cashback. ...

Ebay Link for Hyatt Giftcard
Old May 28, 15, 6:05 am

Who is selling these cards and why are they discounted? Is Hyatt aware of this and/or are they somehow a participant? In other words, is this legit?
Old May 28, 15, 10:36 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I feel safe with the transaction due to:
  • The seller's 99.5% rating
  • EBay's customer satisfaction / protection policies
  • Various protections provided by the form of payment (credit card, PayPal or whatever)
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
Who is selling these cards and why are they discounted? Is Hyatt aware of this and/or are they somehow a participant? In other words, is this legit?
Old May 28, 15, 11:20 am
Company Rep - Hyatt Gift Cards & Hyatt Nights

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
Greetings FT'ers - The discounted Hyatt Gift Cards being offered on eBay is a legitimate offering. Throughout the year we have various promotions and offers for our cards in various places. This is a promotion in partnership with the seller on eBay. Purchases made through this offering are between the buyer (you) and seller (svmgiftcards) on eBay. The terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gift Card sold do not differ from Hyatt Gift Cards sold through any other means.

Todd Tomlin
Director - Hyatt Gift Cards
Old May 28, 15, 11:38 am

Hearing directly from the main person in charge of the program is an extremely strong statement which totally blows away the other hotel brands.

As it happens, I will soon embark on a two-month assignment to a city with only one Hyatt property, inconveniently located about 5 miles from the job site. That one property does not offer Points + Cash. I kept churning the numbers through a spreadsheet and kept getting the same result: instead of Hyatt, a property one block away from the job but (horrors) in a different hotel chain was the clear choice.

Then this eBay promotion popped up out of nowhere. It provides enough of a discount to put Hyatt right back into it's proper position as first choice. Hurray for Hyatt ... they always come through!
Originally Posted by ToddHyattGoldPassport View Post
Greetings FT'ers - The discounted Hyatt Gift Cards being offered on eBay is a legitimate offering. Throughout the year we have various promotions and offers for our cards in various places. This is a promotion in partnership with the seller on eBay. Purchases made through this offering are between the buyer (you) and seller (svmgiftcards) on eBay. The terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gift Card sold do not differ from Hyatt Gift Cards sold through any other means.

Todd Tomlin
Director - Hyatt Gift Cards
Old May 28, 15, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. I wonder why Hyatt doesn't offer this discount directly? Hyatt must be selling those to svmgiftcards at around 20% off and they marked it up to 13% off.
Old May 28, 15, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Aren't these limited to 2 per buyer?
Old May 28, 15, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck View Post
Aren't these limited to 2 per buyer?
Yes, but $400 for $350 is $50 off any way you cut it.
Old Jun 26, 15, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
i got my chevron cards and I see the seller has these back in stock so thought i'd let people know!
Old Jun 26, 15, 11:41 pm

Many thanks! The previous offer was limited to 2 per account ($400 worth of gift cards for $350). It appears that they will now allow another 2 per account, therefore if you maxed out on the previous offer, you can now get another round.
Originally Posted by huynhc View Post
i got my chevron cards and I see the seller has these back in stock so thought i'd let people know!
Old Jun 26, 15, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
Many thanks! The previous offer was limited to 2 per account ($400 worth of gift cards for $350). It appears that they will now allow another 2 per account, therefore if you maxed out on the previous offer, you can now get another round.
I tried to reorder but could not.
Old Jun 27, 15, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
I tried to reorder but could not.
Perhaps there's a time constraint? I originally (back in May) ordered 2 cards for me and 2 for spouse, total of four cards. Today it let me order another 4 cards (2 for me and 2 for spouse). I tried to order more but could not.

Conclusion: there's definitely a limit of two cards per account. Apparently, after sufficient times passes, they allow another two cards per account.
Old Jun 29, 15, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
Perhaps there's a time constraint? I originally (back in May) ordered 2 cards for me and 2 for spouse, total of four cards. Today it let me order another 4 cards (2 for me and 2 for spouse). I tried to order more but could not.

Conclusion: there's definitely a limit of two cards per account. Apparently, after sufficient times passes, they allow another two cards per account.
I also got in on both.
Old Jun 29, 15, 6:10 pm

Programs: delta,southwest--companion pass,hilton---diamond,marriott---gold,choice
can these gift cards be used in asia or europe?

thank you.

Search this Thread