FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Place Taghazout Bay (Morrocco) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1678455-hyatt-place-taghazout-bay-morrocco-review-master-thread.html)

Gold Passport Concierge May 8, 2015 10:29 am

Hyatt Place Taghazout Bay (Morrocco) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Place Taghazout Bay is part of Morocco’s new sustainable and development Taghazout Bay Resort, which is set in the peaceful foothills of the Atlas Mountains and overlooks the stunning Atlantic coastline. The resort is located only 40 minutes from Agadir International Airport, and a range of activities will be offered throughout the year at the on-site surf camp, tennis club and golf academy at the beautiful new 18-hole golf course designed by architect Kyle Philips, as well as hang-gliding, hiking and mountain biking.

price123 May 9, 2015 11:34 pm

Category 2
Looks good for a HP with spa and pool. The special opening offer includes either 18 holes of golf or half day in spa. Now who flies to Agadir...

Stewie Mac May 10, 2015 1:23 am

under the radar..

That looks properly nice - but a very under the radar opening!

No pre-warning from GPC on this one at all, and can't help feeling that a spa and 'linked' golf course is quite a departure for HP!

Some nice pics on their FB page, and this one in particular gives me some hope that PH Mallorca will actually happen!

Stewie Mac Jul 11, 2016 2:12 am

anyone been?

Has anyone made it to Morocco in the last year? Looking at going in autumn, and while the TP reviews are positive, would be interested in getting an FT perspective...

mrstraveler Jul 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Can you use Hyatt points to upgrade to a suite or junior room at this property?

craigthemif Jul 19, 2018 7:53 pm

I wonder if this is the Hyatt hotel that is hardest to get to...

price123 Jul 19, 2018 11:03 pm

I think Park Hyatt Maldives is harder given the flight to Male, internal flight and speedboat and I'm sure there are others. This is just 40 km or so from Agadir airport, where low-cost airlines fly from all over Europe.

Artemio Apr 17, 2019 5:48 am

At the property right now and am actually enjoying it. Although on Easter break, the hotel is unfortunately for them far from being fully booked.

​​​​​​The rooms, the view (except for the constructions going on around, but far away enough to only
hear the birds and nothing else) and the facilities are great!

The drinks are... well, let's say normally priced. E.g. a mojito is 9.3 USD.

59Impala Apr 17, 2019 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Artemio (Post 31009641)
At the property right now and am actually enjoying it. Although on Easter break, the hotel is unfortunately for them far from being fully booked.

​​​​​​The rooms, the view (except for the constructions going on around, but far away enough to only
hear the birds and nothing else) and the facilities are great!

The drinks are... well, let's say normally priced. E.g. a mojito is 9.3 USD.

Easter is hardly observed in Morocco. And I doubt many Europeans travel to Taghazout Bay for vacation. not easily reached I'd say. not even sure if there are flights from Switzerland to AGA anymore, there used to be.
But enjoy the non-crowded hotel. It for sure looks nice :)

Artemio Apr 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 31010088)
Easter is hardly observed in Morocco. And I doubt many Europeans travel to Taghazout Bay for vacation. not easily reached I'd say. not even sure if there are flights from Switzerland to AGA anymore, there used to be.
But enjoy the non-crowded hotel. It for sure looks nice :)

Thanks 59Impala for the kind words.

Germania Switzerland has a weekly direct flight ZRH-AGA, but will apparently cease it in a couple weeks (hope not earlier since I want to fly back home :cool:) . Air Arabia flies to BSL too!

I'd say early spring or late automn is the best time to get there (not too cold and not too hot). That's why I was surprised there isn't too much people.
For the data: 90-95% of the guests here are European and more than the half of them are French.
​​​​
For those thinking to come as a family, the villas are nice. Just checked if the rates are still similar as the ones I got 6 months ago. Unfortunately it doubled, but it's still nice. A villa with half pension is at around 400 USD.

It's now time for me to let FT a bit aside;)

59Impala Jul 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Artemio (Post 31011491)
Thanks 59Impala for the kind words.

Germania Switzerland has a weekly direct flight ZRH-AGA, but will apparently cease it in a couple weeks (hope not earlier since I want to fly back home :cool:) . Air Arabia flies to BSL too!

I'd say early spring or late automn is the best time to get there (not too cold and not too hot). That's why I was surprised there isn't too much people.
For the data: 90-95% of the guests here are European and more than the half of them are French.
​​​​
For those thinking to come as a family, the villas are nice. Just checked if the rates are still similar as the ones I got 6 months ago. Unfortunately it doubled, but it's still nice. A villa with half pension is at around 400 USD.

It's now time for me to let FT a bit aside;)

FYI, just saw that an HR will be opening in Taghazout. not sure where exactly it is... on the Hyatt map the hotel shows up somewhere in Algeria :D

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31314271-post1095.html

Artemio Jul 19, 2019 6:51 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 31314276)
FYI, just saw that an HR will be opening in Taghazout. not sure where exactly it is... on the Hyatt map the hotel shows up somewhere in Algeria :D

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31314271-post1095.html

Google maps spots it here. You actually drive by when taking the free shuttle bus to the beach (which is by the way next to/at sol house hotel). The sol house hotel seemed to be the only beach front hotel opened when i was there in April. The rest, as the HR, was under construction.

Gertjaars Feb 3, 2022 6:43 am

Morocco reopening...

Any stays here in the past year? Morocco is finally opening up to international tourists starting next week and this seems like a decent place to burn points + resort/villa/suite rooms at a Hyatt Place is rare.

stephem Jul 23, 2022 6:15 pm

Interested in any info on the villas. Consider one here vs 2 rooms at the Regency down nearer to the beach.