Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Standard rooms available at hotel -- Hyatt says GP rooms 'not available'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kacee
Hyatt hotels that are currently cheating award bookings by moving standard rooms out of Hyatt Daily Rate inventory and into package-only rates (which can't be booked using points): (Additional suggestion: please also show when you checked (eg 6/5/15) for stay period of (eg 7/1-4/15):

Hyatt XYZ - checked 6/5/15 for 7/1-4/15

Andaz West Hollywood
Hyatt Regency Austin
Driskill Hotel, Austin (standard rooms only available on B&B rate for certain nights and hotel refused to budge after phone call from WoH)
Hyatt Atlanta Midtown
Hyatt Vineyard Creek
Hyatt Regency Embarcadero SF (6/25 - 6/26)
Andaz San Diego July 17-19 (SD Pride) - all rooms avail w/Best Avail
Hyatt Santa Barbara (7/17/15 - 7/19/15) - resolved with phone call to HGP
Hyatt Regency Toronto (8/13-8/16)
Andaz Maui (1/5-1/11) - standard garden room avail on AS/AA package
Grand Hyatt San Francisco (dates throughout November 2015)
Hyatt Regency SFO
Park City Hyatt Centric
Hyatt Place San Francisco

Additionally, Hyatt Place hotels are now apparently able to hide rooms from point redemption by claiming they're 'high floor' rooms. Here are those offenders:

Hyatt Place Saratoga/Malta -- checked 6/22/15 for Aug 1-Aug 15 (all dates blacked out for redemption, despite having plenty of rooms)
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence - 7/10-7/12. Only offering 'high floor' rooms on a 6 story hotel.

Please email [email protected] regarding the Hyatt Place High Floor issue; they said that there were too few complaints to warrant any change.
Print Wikipost

Standard rooms available at hotel -- Hyatt says GP rooms 'not available'

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by stvr
The Driskill has a 9 night minimum now. It's not even a good deal on points frankly.
That's insane.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MarkOK
That's insane.
I just did a search for an upcoming 3 nights this month where I am going to be in Austin and it is still available on points and even cash and points.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orbit1
Ok thanks! Is the Residence Club so popular that it would be booked this far out? Showing no availability!
You'll have to be more specific about which Residence Club you're looking at.

But beyond that, I don't believe that Residence Clubs required to have space available for points, even if they have rooms. Residence Clubs are timeshares and they choose to make space available sometimes.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by slm9555
I just did a search for an upcoming 3 nights this month where I am going to be in Austin and it is still available on points and even cash and points.
looking in fall. November.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I was looking to use my points to stay at a Hyatt Place in Virginia. I clicked on the website and it showed a rate (in the $200s and an 8000 point option). I was a few points short, so I transferred some from my Chase Rewards account. I went back to book, clicked on the link, and it said no award rooms were available. Thanks Hyatt.

It turns out that the only rooms Hyatt has available at that hotel for those nights are "high floor" rooms. Folks, this is a 5-story suburban location. Nobody is going to pay more for an identical "high floor" room (unless, I guess, those are the only rooms available). Setting up the website to "trick" me into believing there are award rooms available, and they not giving them to me because they are a couple floors higher in a low-rise suburban building is pretty evil.

EDIT: So I did some more checking and I found something even more interesting. I was looking to stay 2 nights. The hotel is only selling "high floor" rooms if you want to stay 2 nights. But if you're willing to stay 3 nights, standard rooms are suddenly available -- and therefore also available on points! I called the Hyatt desk, and she was able to book the 3 night room on points and then "lop" one of those nights off for me so I can pay the 16,000 points for 2 nights. Insane, but at least it worked out for me.

Last edited by iahphx; Jul 14, 2018 at 12:57 pm Reason: more
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
........So I did some more checking and I found something even more interesting. I was looking to stay 2 nights. The hotel is only selling "high floor" rooms if you want to stay 2 nights. But if you're willing to stay 3 nights, standard rooms are suddenly available -- and therefore also available on points! I called the Hyatt desk, and she was able to book the 3 night room on points and then "lop" one of those nights off for me so I can pay the 16,000 points for 2 nights. Insane, but at least it worked out for me.
Several threads of this same length of stay issue as well as workaround. A recent example: Award games- Andaz Maui
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:48 am

Just filed a complaint to Hyatt about HP Keystone. King available under Standard rate but not bookable using points.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by neuro0
Just filed a complaint to Hyatt about HP Keystone. King available under Standard rate but not bookable using points.
Using a random day - 2/13/2019 through 2/15/2019 to reproduce.

Interestingly, it appears that "King Bed (Plus Sofa Bed)" is the room they make available on points. "King Bed" is not.

To make it almost hilariously inept on their part:
- The room photo of the "King - not Sofa Bed" room includes a picture of... a Sofa. That may or may not pull out into a bed.
- The room photo of the "King + Sofa" room ... doesn't show a picture of a sofa at all.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jameswes
Interestingly, it appears that "King Bed (Plus Sofa Bed)" is the room they make available on points. "King Bed" is not.
Undoubtedly because there are considerably fewer of the former.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:51 am

Yet the King bed (no sofa bed) is the cheapest room....

I highly doubt I will hear from Hyatt CS🙁
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Add the new Hyatt Place San Francisco to the list.

No awards available, ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.