Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Ginza Tokyo- REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 2, 2015, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond / *A Gold / NH Platinum / Super Flyers

Some juicy gossip for you Japan lovers.

My sources tell me that the "luxury hotel" which will be situated in floors 3-12 of the Ginza Asahi Building (Ginza 6 Chome, on Namiki Dori Street) opening in Fall, 2017 will be a Hyatt.

Details are still under wraps, but should be announced by next February. My bet is that it will be a Hyatt Centric.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The first Pet friendly Hyatt in Tokyo?

http://www.hyattcentric.com/#experience
Old May 2, 2015, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
The first Pet friendly Hyatt in Tokyo?

http://www.hyattcentric.com/#experience
That will be interesting, indeed...
Old May 3, 2015, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rhymebroker
That will be interesting, indeed...
Seriously!? Another hyatt in tokyo? If true, that is ridiculous.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
Spoilt for choice!
Old May 3, 2015, 8:38 pm

HRT will still be the cheapest then �� Seriously seems like there must be demand for more 500/night rooms.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Ridiculously awesome, I say!

I wonder if they are trying to replicate the success they are having at Andaz in < 1 year.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:36 pm

I tend to doubt that it will be a high-end property if it's branded as Hyatt Centric. Probably four stars, or perhaps 4.5.

Namiki Dori is an exclusive shopping location, so they are probably targeting shoppers.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I tend to doubt that it will be a high-end property if it's branded as Hyatt Centric. Probably four stars, or perhaps 4.5.

Namiki Dori is an exclusive shopping location, so they are probably targeting shoppers.
The footprint of the building is quite small, so it will definitely be the smallest Hyatt in Japan.

Apparently, they were initially discussing a HR for the site, but eventually settled on something else. Again, my bet is on Hyatt Centric.

The word "luxury" comes from the property developer in describing their development, so we should take it with a generous dose of salt. Heehee
Old May 4, 2015, 2:27 am

The word "luxury" comes from the property developer in describing their development, so we should take it with a generous dose of salt. Heehee
Yes, that is often the case. I recall even reading an article (I think NY Times) that referred to GH New York as a "luxury" hotel!

It's obviously going to be at least a four star property, but Ginza itself is not home to any high-end hotels (although there are many in surrounding areas).
Old May 4, 2015, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The footprint of the building is quite small, so it will definitely be the smallest Hyatt in Japan.

Apparently, they were initially discussing a HR for the site, but eventually settled on something else. Again, my bet is on Hyatt Centric.

Luxury adds 1 star!
Old May 4, 2015, 7:29 am

but Ginza itself is not home to any high-end hotels (although there are many in surrounding areas).
There certainly is, there is THE Peninsula.

Not quite as good (difficult to be as good as the Peninsula), there are the Imperial, (and previously) Rosewood (can't remember name?)
Old May 4, 2015, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IncyWincy

Not quite as good (difficult to be as good as the Peninsula), there are the Imperial, (and previously) Rosewood (can't remember name?)
Seiyo Ginza?
Old May 4, 2015, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Yes, that is often the case. I recall even reading an article (I think NY Times) that referred to GH New York as a "luxury" hotel!

It's obviously going to be at least a four star property, but Ginza itself is not home to any high-end hotels (although there are many in surrounding areas).
GH NYC is as tired and gross as ever, but still going at upwards of 700 or 750 a night...! Crayzaaayyy
Old May 4, 2015, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy

The Seiyo Ginza no longer exists. The other two are not located in Ginza...

GH NYC is as tired and gross as ever, but still going at upwards of 700 or 750 a night...! Crayzaaayyy
Yeah, it's a real dump. The rate is only that high if one is stupid enough to pay rack rate. ADR undoubtedly is much lower due to third party/opaque bookings, as well as large group and corporate rates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.