Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Ginza Tokyo- REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Ginza Tokyo- REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by broncophil
Does hyatt allow 1 adult and 2 kids (8, 13) in either the king or 2 twin room?

they hyatt website doesnt show result for points bookings when i do that search, but shows availability when i put 1 adult one kid

can i just sneak in one kid?
Just tell them and it'll be fine. They're not chargeable yet anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA

they hyatt website doesnt show result for points bookings when i do that search, but shows availability when i put 1 adult one kid

Unless the policy has changed recently, at Hyatt hotels outside the US, Canada, and the Caribbean, your 13-year old is considered an adult for booking purposes. The cutoff age for a child is 12, and although I've seen it mostly as "12 and under", I have also seen "under 12".

But when I do a test booking for 2 adults and 1 child, it returns both the King and Twin room for pts redemption.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Originally Posted by OsakaWino

But when I do a test booking for 2 adults and 1 child, it returns both the King and Twin room for pts redemption.
Interesting.

I did did one adult and two and didn’t work. I was gonna see if they could connect me.

But sure enough. 2 adults and one child did.

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:54 pm
gpy

Not sure if that is allowed or not but there is no room for a rollaway as the rooms are pretty compact. The 8 year old could probably sleep on the chaise comfortably but I would not recommend sneaking him in. The front desk agents knew us by the evening of our first night there and I had a friend staying in my room the first 2 nights and we had to pay the taxes for her separately (we had told them on check in that she was joining us for part of the stay).
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Was finally able to secure a 2 night stay at the Centric Ginza last week (Sakura season) on a 20k award (prior devaluation) in combination with a suite upgrade certificate.

Very functional room, proper work desk, bed very comfortable and overall spacious. Certainly one of the better suites I had during recent times.

Had afternoon tea at Namiki which was very reasonably priced with great service. Breakfast here was also excellent, no complaints at all and I loved the option of being able to sit outside in the morning sun.

Great hotel overall even though the change of elevator to go up to the room is annoying. Bargain at the old 20k but not so sure about 25k. C&P makes no sense due to the high base rates here. Hard to justify spending 5k less than going to Park Hyatt especially since located in Ginza.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:41 pm

Anyone have the concierge email for the Hyatt Centric Ginza? I couldn't find it online. Thanks.
Old May 12, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by daurang
Anyone have the concierge email for the Hyatt Centric Ginza? I couldn't find it online. Thanks.
I originally contacted the general hotel email address, [email protected] and received a reply from their host at: [email protected]. They’ve been quite responsive.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:01 pm

Thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Finally got the coveted category upgrade to deluxe room on my 4th stay here but the property seems to have slipped so much in merely a year after opening

No assistance off taxi or at door, during daytime check in hour (4:30pm)

Was told room had an odor problem and wouldn't be available until 6pm...offered nothing and we just sat there in front of the FD (feels like Park hyatt new york, but worse here we aren't getting in 3 hours beyond check in time!)

Then asked if we would be interested in rescinding our upgrade and moving to a (viewless) standard room instead. Seriously, we did see standard suites still available for sale online so presumably all GLOBs and etc have been accommodated, I think that would've been a sensible thing to do? Also asked if we would be interested in 300 yen off breakfast??? Funny enough I overheard them offering the same to the non member guest checking in next to us earlier, so they just spinned this into a goodwill gesture

Then at check out time (no extension despite the 3 hour delay at check in), we received a call asking if we would like assistance with our bags. I told them we were still packing and would be coming down in a few minutes. In less than 5 minutes after we hung up another call rang again. My companion was extremely angry and wanted to confront the FD manager (non Japanese) had we not have to make a rush for the train.

I'm not sure if it's just Japan being Japan (I've had my fair share of such but this feels like extreme rigidity without any sense of hospitality to me), so I don't know if I should let the GM know as I got his contact

Wear and tear - the elevators have been heavily scratched, on both the walls and floor. There are flies in the lobby and it feels dirtier than before...
Breakfast - the spread has shrunk in variety and portion (ie from jumbo shrimps to baby sized ones), no more fancy cups for coffee. I used to gladly pay full freight for it but we wouldn't be doing that anymore.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-CIVC

Was told room had an odor problem and wouldn't be available until 6pm...offered nothing and we just sat there in front of the FD (feels like Park hyatt new york, but worse here we aren't getting in 3 hours beyond check in time!)

Then asked if we would be interested in rescinding our upgrade and moving to a (viewless) standard room instead. Seriously, we did see standard suites still available for sale online so presumably all GLOBs and etc have been accommodated, I think that would've been a sensible thing to do? Also asked if we would be interested in 300 yen off breakfast??? Funny enough I overheard them offering the same to the non member guest checking in next to us earlier, so they just spinned this into a goodwill gesture

Then at check out time (no extension despite the 3 hour delay at check in), we received a call asking if we would like assistance with our bags. I told them we were still packing and would be coming down in a few minutes. In less than 5 minutes after we hung up another call rang again. My companion was extremely angry and wanted to confront the FD manager (non Japanese) had we not have to make a rush for the train.

I'm not sure if it's just Japan being Japan (I've had my fair share of such but this feels like extreme rigidity without any sense of hospitality to me), so I don't know if I should let the GM know as I got his contact

Wear and tear - the elevators have been heavily scratched, on both the walls and floor. There are flies in the lobby and it feels dirtier than before...
Breakfast - the spread has shrunk in variety and portion (ie from jumbo shrimps to baby sized ones), no more fancy cups for coffee. I used to gladly pay full freight for it but we wouldn't be doing that anymore.
I would definitely tell Mr. Uchiyama about the service failures.
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
This really annoys me - the hotel should have just upgraded you rather than make you wait several hours for check-in. I encountered the same issue at Conrad Osaka last year.

The check-out thing is very much Japanese, unfortunately - just like servers at a restaurant in Japan repeatedly asking if you'd like more tea (instead of just refilling it) when they want you to leave. Not a good thing to do in a Western-branded hotel to Western guests.

Very disappointing to hear of your poor experience.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Very disappointing to hear that the Centric has gone downhill. I am vaguely planning a trip in November and, based on my experience last April, would have automatically chosen the Centric. It seems that if I do I will have to adjust my expectations.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Very disappointing to hear that the Centric has gone downhill. I am vaguely planning a trip in November and, based on my experience last April, would have automatically chosen the Centric. It seems that if I do I will have to adjust my expectations.
FWIW, we were at the Centric last month and honestly didn’t experience any of the same issues. The FD staff were professional and courteous. They were extremely helpful in getting us reservations, both before and during our stay, and also handled our luggage transfer without issue. The hard product was also in very good shape, and we didn’t notice any scratches or dirty areas in the elevator or anywhere else as previously mentioned.

Overall, our stay was very nice, and the location really is excellent in the heart of Ginza.
Cheetah_SA likes this.

Last edited by BeachRat; Jul 29, 2019 at 9:49 am
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Do you guys prefer GH or centric? I'm staying here Dec 20-25 and looks like the hotel is already sold out, is there a bigger chance getting an upgrade at the GH as a globalist?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Do you guys prefer GH or centric? I'm staying here Dec 20-25 and looks like the hotel is already sold out, is there a bigger chance getting an upgrade at the GH as a globalist?
I think your chances of a suite upgrade during the holidays might be limited at both properties. Book what you can live with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.