Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Virtuoso no longer eligible rate plan? (Mistake)

Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star

I booked a Virtuoso rate and after checkout, I noticed that I didn't receive any stay or night credit plus I didn't receive all of my points for my stay. I called trying to get it fixed and I was told that Virtuoso is not an eligible rate plan.

Is Virtuoso no longer an eligible rate plan???
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I booked a Virtuoso rate and after checkout, I noticed that I didn't receive any stay or night credit plus I didn't receive all of my points for my stay. I called trying to get it fixed and I was told that Virtuoso is not an eligible rate plan.

Is Virtuoso no longer an eligible rate plan???
I received all points/stay credit for my virtuoso booking that finished 1 week ago

FDW
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
OK, the phone agent assured me that it's not an eligible rate plan. I just PM'd my details to the HGP Concierge - she can let me know if it's eligible for night/stay/points.

Thanks for the reply.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
OK, the phone agent assured me that it's not an eligible rate plan. I just PM'd my details to the HGP Concierge - she can let me know if it's eligible for night/stay/points.

Thanks for the reply.
Please let us all know.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

pricesquire better get in here.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Had a virtuoso booking as a diamond a few weeks back. I received all the points at first, but did not receive credit for an eligible stay. A quick call to HGP fixed this for me.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Please let us all know.
Will do. Should know more by Fri afternoon. So far it appears that HR Lake Tahoe had Virtuoso rates coded as ineligible. There are other Virtuoso properties that have the Virtuoso rate coded as eligible.

... standby for an update.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:05 am
Suspended

Collectively, I've booked every single Hyatt hotel that's also a member of Virtuoso (all 40!), and not ONCE have I ever had a hotel tell a client that their booking was point/stay eligible.

Being that a lot of my clients are also loyalty feigns and points nut, this would obviously be an issue for me!

But yes, never once had that issue and I'm curious as to how Hyatt responds ....

(And we have plenty of evidence to suggest this is a nonissue, as FDW and others have stated above. Sounds like a "hotel issue" to me...)

@iflyjetz: "coding" would be an error/mistake issue with the hotels GDS or data entry clerk - NOT an error with Virtuoso
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:37 am
Suspended

Just got confirmations - in writing - from the following hotels that Virtuoso rates ARE compatible with elite recognition and stay/night credits:

Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Park Hyatt NYC
Park Hyatt Tokyo
Andaz CR
Andaz Tokyo

So, I think it's safe to say we're in the clear - Hyatt Corporate also said that ALL Virtuoso rates are eligible as well. So we have anecdotal evidence from individual hotels and overall good news from corporate.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Just got confirmations - in writing - from the following hotels that Virtuoso rates ARE compatible with elite recognition and stay/night credits:

Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Park Hyatt NYC
Park Hyatt Tokyo
Andaz CR
Andaz Tokyo

So, I think it's safe to say we're in the clear - Hyatt Corporate also said that ALL Virtuoso rates are eligible as well. So we have anecdotal evidence from individual hotels and overall good news from corporate.
My stay was with HR Lake Tahoe. As you said in your previous post, likely a coding error.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:16 am

If customer service says a Virtuoso rate is ineligible for points and stay credit, the solution is the oldest Flyertalk trick in the book: end the conversation and then call back to get another - hopefully more competent - CSR.

As noted, Virtuoso rates are, and always have been, eligible for points and fully compatable with GP Diamond benefits.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Apr 17, 2015 at 10:08 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
If customer service says a Virtuoso rate is ineligible for points and stay credit, the silution is the oldest Flyertalk trick in the book
Alright, this made me laugh
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:49 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Morning Flyertalkers!

I do apologize for the confusion. The Virtuoso Rate is an eligible rate, you should be receiving tier credit and points for room cost.

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge

I do apologize for the confusion. The Virtuoso Rate is an eligible rate, you should be receiving tier credit and points for room cost.

Thanks!
Thank you for clearing it up as well.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge

Thanks!
HGP Concierge,
Thank you for adjusting my account with the proper stay/night/point credits.

My apologies to anyone who got concerned about this. It was my first time booking through Virtuoso and I was very happy with the stay. I did not get/worry about a Virtuoso room upgrade, as I used a DSU with my stay. However, the room was the same price as the BAR on the website and I received the Virtuoso benefits of $100 spend credit + breakfast for 2 in the hotel restaurant. I had lounge access as a Diamond, but we prefer breakfast in the restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.