Wiki Posts
Search

Points or qualifying nights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
Points or qualifying nights?

According to World of Hyatt cc terms, I can book a reservation for my spouse without being present as long as I fax the property a credit card authorization form. I know I'll receive points for using my cc, but will I receive bonus points and/or be eligible for qualifying nights if I'm not present? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmgrayinva
According to World of Hyatt cc terms, I can book a reservation for my spouse without being present as long as I fax the property a credit card authorization form. I know I'll receive points for using my cc, but will I receive bonus points and/or be eligible for qualifying nights if I'm not present? Thanks in advance.
YMMV.

You would be breaking the T&Cs of World of Hyatt and could lose your account if somebody finds out and decides to make a big deal about it. But if it's a US hotel with lax ID requirements you will probably get the base points and qualifying nights.. Simply make the booking in your name with your spouse listed as the second guest..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.