FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Ineligible rate code for stays/points found on Hyatt.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1669009-ineligible-rate-code-stays-points-found-hyatt-com.html)

FlyingDoctorwu Apr 2, 2015 4:09 am

Ineligible rate code for stays/points found on Hyatt.com

I have an upcoming stay at the PH Chicago and was looking at perhaps partaking in there website last night. On their website I found the following offer code, LUXURY. I did a little searching and the savings are another 15% off of the AAA rate I had already booked using a DSU. I reached out to HGP Concierge to see if they could adjust my rate and but they said they could not adjust the rate and use the DSU based on that this was a social rate and thus ineligible for points or stay credits. Nowhere in the rate rules is that stated:

Social
Close
Rate Rules
Includes up to 15% off the Hyatt Daily rate
Terms and conditions
Cancellation policy
Cancel 48hours Prior To Arrival To Avoid One Night Pnlty
They stated it was similar to rates advertised on travelzoo. IT seems that the fact that this was advertised on the Park Hyatt's website fell on deaf ears. Nowhere in the rate rules does it state that this is an ineligible rate for points and stay credit. I would be awfully upset if I had booked this rate and not received any credit. Has anyone else ever seen an offer on the Hyatt website that was considered an ineligible rate?

Thanks
FDW

XCstud Apr 2, 2015 5:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 24604618)
I have an upcoming stay at the PH Chicago and was looking at perhaps partaking in there website last night. On their website I found the following offer code, LUXURY. I did a little searching and the savings are another 15% off of the AAA rate I had already booked using a DSU. I reached out to HGP Concierge to see if they could adjust my rate and but they said they could not adjust the rate and use the DSU based on that this was a social rate and thus ineligible for points or stay credits. Nowhere in the rate rules is that stated:

They stated it was similar to rates advertised on travelzoo. IT seems that the fact that this was advertised on the Park Hyatt's website fell on deaf ears. Nowhere in the rate rules does it state that this is an ineligible rate for points and stay credit. I would be awfully upset if I had booked this rate and not received any credit. Has anyone else ever seen an offer on the Hyatt website that was considered an ineligible rate?

Thanks
FDW

I stayed at a Hyatt Place and had a stay not credit and was originally told it was ineligible, but GP didn't know why. After they checked with the hotel, they came back and said it was an eligible rate.

That's strange that they wouldn't give you credit for a room booked with an offer they are advertising on hyatt's website. I'd PM Gold Passport Concierge and ask about it.

I'd be upset if I booked a room under that rate and didn't earn stay credit when there is no indication that is isn't an eligible rate and I booked it on hyatt.com

FlyingDoctorwu Apr 2, 2015 6:51 am

Originally Posted by XCstud (Post 24604760)
I stayed at a Hyatt Place and had a stay not credit and was originally told it was ineligible, but GP didn't know why. After they checked with the hotel, they came back and said it was an eligible rate.

That's strange that they wouldn't give you credit for a room booked with an offer they are advertising on hyatt's website. I'd PM Gold Passport Concierge and ask about it.

I'd be upset if I booked a room under that rate and didn't earn stay credit when there is no indication that is isn't an eligible rate and I booked it on hyatt.com

I've already PM'ed the Concierge to ask about using a DSU on the rate and they were the ones who told me it was an ineligible rate.

FDW

ZBigFam Apr 2, 2015 1:54 pm

Interesting. I would agree that it makes no sense that they would advertise an ineligible rate.

On a side note I wonder how Diamond Breakfast would be handled for Easter Brunch? Would you get the brunch for free?

dlandz Apr 2, 2015 2:29 pm

I had similar happen but GP just gave me the credits anyways, from a code offered via the hotel's facebook page. GP Concierge was looking into it for me but I never heard back. I didn't push hard since I received the credits anyways

I agree it is completely unacceptable for a Hyatt Hotel to advertise a code on their Hyatt-hosted website and that it would somehow not be eligible in any way for Hyatt credit, especially while hiding this fact throughout the booking process. Hyatt's consumer affairs email is [email protected] I would reach out to them to complain

FlyingDoctorwu Apr 2, 2015 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 24607101)
Interesting. I would agree that it makes no sense that they would advertise an ineligible rate.

On a side note I wonder how Diamond Breakfast would be handled for Easter Brunch? Would you get the brunch for free?

I would doubt it... at $135 per person I don't see the PH comping it... maybe a credit? maybe just breakfast during the breakfast hours...

Originally Posted by dlandz (Post 24607241)
I had similar happen but GP just gave me the credits anyways, from a code offered via the hotel's facebook page. GP Concierge was looking into it for me but I never heard back. I didn't push hard since I received the credits anyways

I agree it is completely unacceptable for a Hyatt Hotel to advertise a code on their Hyatt-hosted website and that it would somehow not be eligible in any way for Hyatt credit, especially while hiding this fact throughout the booking process. Hyatt's consumer affairs email is [email protected] I would reach out to them to complain

Not only is it not eligible for Hyatt credit, but also not eligible for the use of a DSU, which I thought was useable on a variety of rates

FDW

dlandz Apr 2, 2015 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 24608588)
Not only is it not eligible for Hyatt credit, but also not eligible for the use of a DSU, which I thought was useable on a variety of rates

Right, they go hand-in-hand under the "eligible rate" definition. It shouldn't affect the rest of your diamond benefits to my knowledge

Gold Passport Concierge Apr 3, 2015 12:23 pm

Good Afternoon!

After further review it has been determined that the Social Media Rate is eligible for Gold Passport credit. This is being updated in the system now and any stay that has already occurred that did not receive credit will have it retroactively credited. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

FlyingDoctorwu Apr 3, 2015 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge (Post 24611984)
Good Afternoon!

After further review it has been determined that the Social Media Rate is eligible for Gold Passport credit. This is being updated in the system now and any stay that has already occurred that did not receive credit will have it retroactively credited. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

I'ld like to thank the Hyatt Gold Passport team for making this possible!

FDW