Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rwm818
Agree 100%
Just to update - upon checkout 1 of the 2 "comp happy hours" magically appeared on the bill @130 AED. When I told the FD person, they frowned, like they again had no idea about it. They went back to someone else who also "frowned" - not until I "name dropped" the manager's name did they agree to drop the charge.
Definitely following up with an email to the manager I was in contact with - in any event, doubt would ever stay there again. It's a madhouse...
Try the GH next door. They treat Globalists much better.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Agree 100%
Just to update - upon checkout 1 of the 2 "comp happy hours" magically appeared on the bill @130 AED. When I told the FD person, they frowned, like they again had no idea about it. They went back to someone else who also "frowned" - not until I "name dropped" the manager's name did they agree to drop the charge.
Definitely following up with an email to the manager I was in contact with - in any event, doubt would ever stay there again. It's a madhouse...
Exactly this thing happened to me as well. Would have been charged for it if I didn't mention it.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by Aventine
Try the GH next door. They treat Globalists much better.
Yep, staying at the Park 11/15-18 & GH 18-21...the HR was just our temp stop on the way in...
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by luxtravels
Exactly this thing happened to me as well. Would have been charged for it if I didn't mention it.
Really shady and they should be reported to corporate.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:17 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Interesting also...I always receive a request for a survey the day after I check out of any Hyatt...3 days later and no request from my stay at the HR??
Maybe they don't really want to know...haha (and for sure they don't want my responses to be on the TripAdvisor reviews!)
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Interesting also...I always receive a request for a survey the day after I check out of any Hyatt...3 days later and no request from my stay at the HR??
Maybe they don't really want to know...haha (and for sure they don't want my responses to be on the TripAdvisor reviews!)
I'm staying at the diera HR starting next week and they give out all globalist benefits. But, there's many hotels in Dubai that are shady. Look at the current rates some hotels have even quadrupled their prices. They're trying to make up for lost revenue.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by stargold
Last time I went there (booked a mattress run night to finish off a promo) the place just felt like it had become a package holiday accommodation. Everything just feels off in that place for some reason.
Good summary. Their processes are terrible and front desk just seems in a slumber. The first night, when I got the check at Eve, I told him I would charge the room. The waiter ran off then came back saying, "you may not charge to the room." I asked why (my card was charged for incidentals upon check-in) and, when I insisted that he work it out, eventually he did. When the elevator button to the Regency Club floor didn't work, I asked the front desk if the Regency Club was operating, and the desk said, no, it hasn't been for two years, but you can have breakfast at the restaurant. Of course they didn't tell me that upon check-in (much less mention the evening happy hour that may or may not exist). The breakfast was poor, both food and service. When they finally came around to take my order, I asked if they had brewed/filter/American coffee, which he said they did, and brought me an Americano. To not have American coffee at a Hyatt is bad enough, although not that uncommon in Dubai, but the fact that they didn't bother to train the servers what it is certainly indicates a lack of care. (The Park Hyatt offers French press at least, which seems like a reasonable compromise if demand doesn't warrant brewing pots.)

When I checked in, I gave the valet parking card to the front desk and asked her to charge the room. She didn't acknowledge. When I later retrieved the car, the guy insisted that I pay him the AED 50 in cash; I asked why I couldn't charge it to the room, and he said they didn't do that. Totally unacceptable for a "five-star hotel." (A charge for valet parking, especially in this area of the city, seems out of the norm, but that's their prerogative and the self-parking is pretty convenient and I did that for the rest of the stay.)

When I returned to the room late Friday afternoon, housekeeping hadn't been done, so I called and the guy said, "it's the weekend." I asked if he could please service the room. They did, but again no one told me upon check-in that housekeeping was not standard.

Each of these things alone is not the end of the world, but, taken together, they position this hotel as just a cheap place going through the motions, maybe living on package tours as you say. This is the least Hyatt-like experience in town. Although this hotel is disdvantaged by location for most travelers, tourism is booming in Dubai now; it's easy to see why it's apparently (judging by the rates) not enjoying the success of other Hyatts and non-Hyatts in a similar class. The other Regency, in Deira, by contrast, has very professional service and good Globalist recognition. Although that one is a bit dated, it has held up well and I always feel comfortable there.

It's a shame because, though the rooms are devoid of any character whatsoever, Eve and Tablita are both strong offerings in my opinion. That's all this hotel has going for it. I won't be back.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by mecabq
Good summary. Their processes are terrible and front desk just seems in a slumber. The first night, when I got the check at Eve, I told him I would charge the room. The waiter ran off then came back saying, "you may not charge to the room." I asked why (my card was charged for incidentals upon check-in) and, when I insisted that he work it out, eventually he did. When the elevator button to the Regency Club floor didn't work, I asked the front desk if the Regency Club was operating, and the desk said, no, it hasn't been for two years, but you can have breakfast at the restaurant. Of course they didn't tell me that upon check-in (much less mention the evening happy hour that may or may not exist). The breakfast was poor, both food and service. When they finally came around to take my order, I asked if they had brewed/filter/American coffee, which he said they did, and brought me an Americano. To not have American coffee at a Hyatt is bad enough, although not that uncommon in Dubai, but the fact that they didn't bother to train the servers what it is certainly indicates a lack of care. (The Park Hyatt offers French press at least, which seems like a reasonable compromise if demand doesn't warrant brewing pots.)

When I checked in, I gave the valet parking card to the front desk and asked her to charge the room. She didn't acknowledge. When I later retrieved the car, the guy insisted that I pay him the AED 50 in cash; I asked why I couldn't charge it to the room, and he said they didn't do that. Totally unacceptable for a "five-star hotel." (A charge for valet parking, especially in this area of the city, seems out of the norm, but that's their prerogative and the self-parking is pretty convenient and I did that for the rest of the stay.)

When I returned to the room late Friday afternoon, housekeeping hadn't been done, so I called and the guy said, "it's the weekend." I asked if he could please service the room. They did, but again no one told me upon check-in that housekeeping was not standard.

Each of these things alone is not the end of the world, but, taken together, they position this hotel as just a cheap place going through the motions, maybe living on package tours as you say. This is the least Hyatt-like experience in town. Although this hotel is disdvantaged by location for most travelers, tourism is booming in Dubai now; it's easy to see why it's apparently (judging by the rates) not enjoying the success of other Hyatts and non-Hyatts in a similar class. The other Regency, in Deira, by contrast, has very professional service and good Globalist recognition. Although that one is a bit dated, it has held up well and I always feel comfortable there.

It's a shame because, though the rooms are devoid of any character whatsoever, Eve and Tablita are both strong offerings in my opinion. That's all this hotel has going for it. I won't be back.
Wow. Now, I'm glad I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Diera. Surprisingly, I had no issues whatsoever, and had breakfast buffet and dinner buffet/adult beverages in the lounge every night for 26 nights last month, and only ate out once. I'm going back in a few weeks for another week. At this point, its my favorite hotel on that side of town considering the price and amenities. Loved looking at the sea with the cruise ships coming and going.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
An update. The last night of my stay, I went to Tablita for dinner. I gave the receptionist my room number, and when I sat down they brought a laminated page with the menu -- a set menu, a choice for each of three courses plus basic drinks. I asked if this was the only menu, and the waitress said, you are on a package. I replied that I wasn't (I guess they have board packages), so presumably this is a Globalist benefit in lieu of the Regency Club. She had no idea what I was talking about. I also complained that no one told me about any such benefit when I checked in, though of course that wasn't her responsibility.

I took the package and also ordered from the regular menu, which they eventually reluctantly brought.

The set menu was good -- below the standard of the regular menu, as to be expected, but nothing wrong with it. It's a shame because their lack of communication turned what was a pretty generous benefit into an annoyance.

I guess the good news is that we know what to expect in the future.
clublevel15 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Exchanged emails with the hotel last week about the Regency Club approach, and received the following reply:

As you know in light of COVID-19, the hotel is temporarily offering limited operations. Our Regency club lounge is one of the facilities which are closed at the moment. Alternatively, Continental breakfast will be served in the restaurant Sufra from 06:30 – 11:00, evening cocktails with hors d’oeuvres will be served in Market 24 or La Tabilita. A part of the Regency club’s venue has changed, remaining benefits of the Globalist member will be the same.

So there it is: lounge closed, evening offerings are either Market 24 or La Tablita. Not sure what this'll include other than the set menu mecabq referenced above. Does anyone know if they're offering free-flow drinks at these venues during happy hour?

In any case, I took the plunge and booked a cancellable rate for a four-night stay later this month; there's a spike in Hyatt property rates the week I'm looking, and the GH is over 1000 AED a night, HR Dubai is nearly 700 and this place is 540 non-refundable or 600 cancellable. We shall see...

khabah
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
khabah : may I ask what email address are you using? After checkout I've received an empty (literally) pdf as invoice only and the from address is bouncing.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:41 am

Kaloz I used [email protected], and received responses from [email protected] om.

khabah
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Thanks, they were sending from [email protected] - I'll try those addresses.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:25 am

Here now for a one-nighter - quick feedback:
  • If you're driving, valet is chargeable for all guests but self-parking is free. Have fun driving through their labyrinthine basement!
  • Check-in was mobbed, and I bulldozed my way into having someone man the abandoned elite check-in line. Upgraded from base room to Regency Suite despite the hotel being full and showing zero availability online.
  • Suite is lovely - crisp and clean, modern and high above the gross madness that is Dubai.
  • The pool was SWARMING, so I skipped it. Spa is available, but a bit of a maze with a bit of walking; nice and clean, though.
  • Regency Club is closed, so they're offering happy hour in La Tablita [Mexican restaurant] or Market 24 [international]. Market is offering sandwiches and light bites, whereas La Tablita offers you a choice of one appetizer, one main and one dessert off a set menu, as well as multiple drinks options on the beverages menu.
  • I went with La Tablita as I'm a sucker for Mexican food. Food itself was good and I stuck with red wine, but I'm pretty sure it's boxed and on the iffy side of drinkable. Service was very slow, and the pours were crap - you'd think the staff were filling your glass with their personal stash.
Hope this helps; will post breakfast feedback as part of my full review coming soon.

khabah
Global Adventurer and Hydro88 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:55 am

@khabah Thanks the warning😁 I'll stick to the regency in Diera👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.