Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR Zurich. Airport the Circle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 28, 15, 1:33 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

There are 2 new Hyatts coming to Zurich Switzerland, to be exact, at Zurich Airport, "The Circle":
The Hyatt Regency will offer 250 rooms and cater to business and leisure clients. Centrally located and accessible from the main square, it will rise over 11 stories. Alongside classic King and Twin bedrooms, the hotel will include numerous Regency Suites, a Regency Executive Suite and a Presidential Suite, as well as a Regency Club Lounge with its own terrace. The big lobby, including an entrance level bar and restaurant, will become the place to meet at Zurich airport.

The Hyatt Place is a nine storey, 300 room designer hotel with selected services located at the North Plaza. Alongside the entry level lobby will be a bar, an open food market with made-to-order meals and snacks available around the clock.

The Circle is planned to open in 2018.

looking forward to this!
Old Mar 1, 15, 10:04 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
I am not surprised. Word on the street is that their beautiful Park Hyatt Zurich is one of their most profitable properties...
Old Mar 1, 15, 10:47 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

It was reported here as well http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post24031278 with a reference to an older Hyatt News Report in the post below.

Expected to be open in 2017 according to the news report ...
Old Mar 2, 15, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs View Post
I am not surprised. Word on the street is that their beautiful Park Hyatt Zurich is one of their most profitable properties...
Yeah it should be for 800+ a night for regular rooms.
Old Mar 5, 15, 6:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
A little bit surprised at least one of the hotels isn't somewhere in the city. Would be nice to have a Hyatt version of Starwood's Four Points Sihlcity.
Old Mar 9, 15, 4:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antonius66 View Post
Yeah it should be for 800+ a night for regular rooms.
Not to defend them but have you been to Switzerland lately.. holy cow is it expensive. 3 small lattes and a regular coffee cost me 28 CHF last year. Pizza for two was 80 CHF. My best friend lives in Zurich and when he was in high school (20 yrs ago!) he made 18 CHF an hour working at McDonald's. A value meal cost 10 CHF. The cost of living is insane in that country, especially with the strengthening Franc. So 800 CHF a night makes more sense than what PH charges in Milan, which is a much cheaper city to spend time in....

FDW
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 9, 15, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu View Post
Not to defend them but have you been to Switzerland lately.. holy cow is it expensive. 3 small lattes and a regular coffee cost me 28 CHF last year. Pizza for two was 80 CHF. My best friend lives in Zurich and when he was in high school (20 yrs ago!) he made 18 CHF an hour working at McDonald's. A value meal cost 10 CHF. The cost of living is insane in that country, especially with the strengthening Franc. So 800 CHF a night makes more sense than what PH charges in Milan, which is a much cheaper city to spend time in....

FDW
I went to a Thai place in Zurich that TripAdvisor marked as "one dollar sign". Lunch was US$21.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 9, 15, 8:53 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu View Post
Not to defend them but have you been to Switzerland lately.. holy cow is it expensive.

FDW
every time someone talks about expensive Switzerland, I pull out this photo, taken at ZRH....holy cow indeed!

Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 9, 15, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Europeans have complained for decades not only about high Swiss prices but also more specifically about how much waiters/waitresses earn in Switzerland while providing lousy service.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 11, 15, 10:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN, BA GGL, Bonvoy LTT, WoH Explorist
2 new Hyatts coming to Zurich, Switzerland

On the sunny side, if you live in Switzerland and travel abroad you are having a great time.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 11, 15, 11:21 am

Just returned from a 10 day trip to Zurich and environs . I am dreading and having nightmares about my next credit card bill .....having said that I had a very good quality asian buffet lunch for CHF20 - in Lausanne. That was my meal for the rest of the day ....
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 11, 15, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Europeans have complained for decades not only about high Swiss prices but also more specifically about how much waiters/waitresses earn in Switzerland while providing lousy service.
But they will hover over you at the end of the meal, even though "Service compris".

But great news about the two new Hyatts.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 11, 15 at 3:07 pm
Old Mar 11, 15, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by bearbrick View Post
.....having said that I had a very good quality asian buffet lunch for CHF20 - in Lausanne. That was my meal for the rest of the day ....
...A good bet in just about every city in the world - except maybe San Francisco's main Chinatown.
Old Mar 15, 15, 12:06 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Swiss prices are indeed crazy - even (cough of embarrassment) McDonalds is crazily pricy.. unless you run a bank in which case you wouldn't be eating there anyway!
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 5, 16, 1:49 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Construction of The Circle has started. They're talking of an opening in 2018

http://www.thecircle.ch/en/

http://www.zurich-airport.com/busine...circle-project

Search this Thread