Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

hyatt.com redirecting to roomkey.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyatt.com redirecting to roomkey.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:29 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Check your browser settings. If you set them to open links in a new window you won't be redirected.

I find roomkey to be very annoying - and I have it open in a new window.
Thanks... seems to be working fine. I'm at work so maybe the browser settings are a bit different... but how annoyng is that!

FDW
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL PM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Question Roomkey/ spyware?

I too have been experiencing the same issues as mentioned by several other posters with room key pop-ups appearing anytime I select a specific hotel and search different rates/dates.

Within a week or so from experiencing the first room key pop up, I was notified by Hyatt that my password had likely been compromised, but no explanation as to what led them to believe this. Nonetheless I did as they said and reset new password on my acct. I also reset my browser cookies/allowances to block the super annoying roomkey.

My questions is, do you think there's a direct connection btwn the invasive room key pop ups and my acct info being compromised? I'm no techie so really not sure its event possible, but thoughts a on whether spyware could be attached to the roomkey pop up?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Hyatt is a partner in roomkey. It's not likely they caused the breach.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:21 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL PM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Hyatt is a partner in roomkey. It's not likely they caused the breach.
Thanks for clarifying that Mary, if that's the case then at least I don't need to worry about that...regardless, Hyatt really needs to take a good hard look at this partnership that's annoying the bejezus out of me (and seemingly many others)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.