Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I still think there not ready for everything yet.

I've only had one email correspondence with them on the first day when there reservations were not working properly and the response I received was from someone in the business office not directly related to hotel operations.

The suite upgrade situation may work out, or it may not. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
I know the cash portion of the P+C was indicating that this is a cat 6 but the points were not reflected correctly earlier.

Property is now showing up under cat 6 in the location list so I guess that makes it more official.

Found it kind of strange that the rooms below the suite category all look to be the same size and configuration and are only differentiated by the view so best available room for globalist won't mean much here.

The location isn't bad but I really don't see how they will be able to charge SGD 400 when JW south beach regularly goes below SGD 300.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mechu
The location isn't bad but I really don't see how they will be able to charge SGD 400 when JW south beach regularly goes below SGD 300.
And JW seems to regularly be empty. Many other high-end properties in the immediate area as well.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
And JW seems to regularly be empty. Many other high-end properties in the immediate area as well.
Also the case for Intercontinental which has a slightly better location and similar in size to the Andaz (~400 rooms).

I stay there a few times a year but was surprised to find out that they only managed an occupancy of 79% in 2016 despite offering very competitive rates.

SGD 400 will definitely be tough in the current market conditions with a lot of supply added in the last 2 years and still more to come this year.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Can standard room at this hotel accommodate 3 adults (by adding extra bed)?

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Can standard room at this hotel accommodate 3 adults (by adding extra bed)?

Thanks.
If you try to make a reservation for 3 adults in one room the website will only allow a suite reservation, so the unless you managed to get an exception from the hotel, 3 adults in a standard room does not appear to be possible.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:55 pm

They are now accepting reservations for 15 Nov onward.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
They are now accepting reservations for 15 Nov onward.
Seems like the opening offer 20% off standard rate and 3000 points is only for staying min of 2 nights.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Sadly, they dont allow 3 adults in the same room unless you book an Andaz king suite or higher category.

They (both hyatt concierge on twitter and hotel associate via email) told me so.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:04 am

I've seen the JW mentioned before in the Conrad Sing thread, but every time I look at it I just don't see any rates for my dates that would tempt me.

For our trip in Feb I previously booked the GH at 288++ SGD and the Conrad at 262 for a standard room and 433 for a suite with club access, and now I have the Andaz at 333 for a standard room and 413 for a studio suite. Looking at the JW, the best cancellable rate I can find is 323 for a room that is slightly smaller than that at Andaz. (All fully cancellable rates)

We have not stayed at the GH but have visited it twice and while we would be fine with the accommodations and having the club would be a big plus, we absolutely ABHOR the Orchard Road area. We have stayed at the Conrad, and the newly renovated rooms look very nice, and breakfast for Hilton Gold would be essentially the same benefit we would get at Andaz for Hyatt Glob.

As on our previous trip we'll likely spend much of our time in the Marina Bay area, and while I'm familiar with the Bugis area, with the Andaz directly connected to the MRT, it will probably not take much longer in time as walking from the Conrad.

So all in all we're leaning most toward the Andaz, with the Conrad as primary fallback. I can't see any reason at all to consider the JW (maybe it is different for business travellers or for those with Marriott status).
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
So all in all we're leaning most toward the Andaz, with the Conrad as primary fallback. I can't see any reason at all to consider the JW (maybe it is different for business travellers or for those with Marriott status).
I wouldn't recommend the JW. Just using it as an example of a brand new high-end property in the area which is commonly reported to be low occupancy (it certainly was while I was there).

I'm booked at GH for next stay, though considering an FHR rate at the MO.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:32 am

I wouldn't recommend the JW. Just using it as an example of a brand new high-end property in the area which is commonly reported to be low occupancy (it certainly was while I was there).

I'm booked at GH for next stay, though considering an FHR rate at the MO.
I haven't stayed at the JW but from the reviews, the club offerings seem to be a few steps above the GH and the evening cocktail hours are twice as long. The rooms are quite a bit smaller though and seems like a lot of the room features are form over function.

The lounge at GH is one of my least favourite in Asia. Crowded, not much of a view, mediocre food offerings, service in the lounge often felt mechanical and lacked warmth... It is just no comparison at all if you have been to lounges in GH HK and KL. The grand deluxe room you will most likely get upgraded to as a globalist is also kind of dated although well maintained.

The renovated rooms at Conrad looks nice but I believe there are only a handful of renovated deluxe rooms right now. The non renovated rooms including the suites are seriously dated so it's a gamble if you book the standard room and don't get upgraded to deluxe.

If you don't mind the location, I really like the renovated tower wing at Shangri-La. The renovated club lounge is superb and the whole place just feels like a resort. Club rooms are not cheap though and rates are usually around 500 SGD. Alternatively, booking a standard room using the luxury circle rate with a confirmed upgrade to garden wing, free breakfast, and the 100 USD F&B credit is good value especially for shorter stays.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:14 am

I was excited to see that they had added some room photos, but then I noticed that they are all the same photos that have been kicking around for some time, and they have simply pasted those same photos for all room and suite types.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Question

Anyone else noticed strange behaviour when looking at Points or Points & Cash? Looking at some dates in 2018 and using 0 points reduces price by over $100 or can even book a room for 0 points.

I am sure they wouldn't honour these rates if I booked.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Anyone else noticed strange behaviour when looking at Points or Points & Cash? Looking at some dates in 2018 and using 0 points reduces price by over $100 or can even book a room for 0 points.

I am sure they wouldn't honour these rates if I booked.
Even though the point redemption rate says 0 points, the system still takes out 25K points from your account when you book a room using points.
Same goes for P+C: regardless of what is displayed on the initial page, the system takes out 12.5K points and the correct cash portion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.