Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 7:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
From the Andaz Singapore FB page

"Andaz Singapore Hotel is opening in September 2017"
Old May 11, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Darn... was in town July 2017 and hoping it was going to make that open date.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
We really want to stay here in Feb 2018. How fare ahead of opening do hotels usually start accepting reservations?
Old May 12, 2017, 7:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We want to stay in November so will be monitoring daily as still have lots of points to burn before losing status!
Old May 12, 2017, 7:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
We really want to stay here in Feb 2018. How fare ahead of opening do hotels usually start accepting reservations?
Most sensible properties don't open up reservations until 3 months in advance at the earliest, but most even later.

But with a September opening and your stay in February it probably will work out nicely.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:51 am

I read somewhere that they are aiming to start accepting reservations by the end of June.
Hopefully the schedule will stick.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:24 pm

When they start accepting reservations I'll be very interested to see what kinds of rooms/suites they have. The Straits Times reported last week on the September opening and said that the "average room size will be between 38 and 42 m2", which seems rather small for a newly constructed luxury hotel. I was hoping for something more similar to Andaz Tokyo.
Old May 13, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
We have a 5 night/2 floor suite booked for the Grand Hyatt in October.

Any thoughts as to whether we should try and switch when they start taking reservations?

How does the location compare?
Old May 13, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We want to stay in November so will be monitoring daily as still have lots of points to burn before losing status!
Going to SIN in march will be losing status but hoping to GoH the wifey before losing
Old May 13, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
We have a 5 night/2 floor suite booked for the Grand Hyatt in October.

Any thoughts as to whether we should try and switch when they start taking reservations?

How does the location compare?
If rates (or redemption levels, if you're using points) are similar I would try the Andaz. The GH Singapore is basically a overpriced Hyatt Regency when compared to other properties in Asia. You might find the GH location better if you're a first time visitor to Singapore though. The Beach Rd/Bugis location of the Andaz isn't bad, but given how unwalkable Singapore is (both from a city planning and a climate perspective) you'll find the GH's Orchard Rd location more convenient.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:14 pm

Location is completely subject to personal preferences, but we really hate the Orchard Rd area. Although I guess it would appeal more to those interested in nightlife.

Totally agree with the difficult walking conditions. The Andaz is supposed to be directly connected to the subway, which would be nice.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Thank you both for your insight.
I will need to wait and see what the award category and availability will be.
I assume there will not be a club with evening drinks and food.

Last edited by 236Dakota; May 14, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Some new pictures courtesy of this article: http://thepeakmagazine.com.sg/gourme..._thepeak-25may

Lobby:

King Room:

Bathroom:

Last edited by blahmeh14; Jun 19, 2017 at 3:22 am
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hotel looks nice. Would want to stay here for my Feb 2018 trip.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:57 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Argh I'll be there in August... missing it for a little bit. It looks really nice.

The GH is a bit overpriced and I'm like some here, I hate staying near Orchard Rd. It's convenient for first time visitors as it's basically spot on the shopping street but it's waaay too crowded and it's not that interesting once the shops close...

I find the Bugis area more lively, more local and friendlier when it comes to night time, restaurants, eateries. But the Andaz is in the more empty/dead part of Bugis though....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.