Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:49 pm

This property looks amazing.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My WoH account has a Singapore address. I just received an invite to a Dinner event to celebrate the opening of Andaz Singapore. Too bad I won't be able to make it.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by solewalker
My WoH account has a Singapore address. I just received an invite to a Dinner event to celebrate the opening of Andaz Singapore. Too bad I won't be able to make it.
got the same invite as well. Accepted it straightaway and I’m here staying a night too! Interesting property indeed
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lowjhg
got the same invite as well. Accepted it straightaway and I’m here staying a night too! Interesting property indeed
Oh, right, the invite includes dinner too. Given that its a Monday night, my brain only registered the drinks before I RSVPed.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:14 am

Andaz Singapore - November 2017

I stayed for one night at the Andaz Singapore courtesy of a friend. The room was an Andaz Suite King.

I would refer to you to Makavel's comprehensive review here which has plentiful pictures although I will post mine here for completeness. I will focus on thoughts on breakfast.

Andaz Suite King:

Gym:

Pool area:

Western restaurant:

This restaurant serves what was called a "continental breakfast". The selection appears to be limited - cold cuts, cheese, fruit, yoghurts, bread, pastries. There were a la carte eggs but the menu didn't seem very exciting so I passed.

Pain au chocolat / pain au raisin, brie cheese / ham, bicher muesli

Auntie's Wok & Steam:

We headed to Auntie's. There was no one else there. The concept is pure a la carte which seems strange in Asia for breakfast (acknowledging this may be an Andaz thing (eg. Andaz Fifth Avenue, New York)).

Pu-erh tea, kaya toast and eggs (disappointing, hardly any kaya), tiger prawn & chicken Jiao zi dumplings:

Congee with chicken, fried carrot cake:

Breakfast conclusions:

We both didn't 'get' the breakfast concept. It seems strange to split it across two restaurants but it is acknowledged both restaurants are distinct and serve a purpose besides breakfast. The selections were not extensive as you would usually expect in a high-end Asian hotel in either restaurant. It was just all a bit strange. YMMV.

Conclusion:

This was only the sixth day of operation. The décor and finishings of the room and the hotel generally are of very high quality. The staff were welcoming, in particular Desmond the Front Office Manager who has worked at a number of hotels in the Hyatt network, including the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur. Despite the vile World of Hyatt, I'm sure the hotel will do well.
makavel likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thank you. We now have a nice photographic comparison of the 2 types of junior suites (no thanks to the hotel's website and it's complete lack of photos ).

I really love these bathrooms, but I can't understand the need for those 2 round tables in the living room, and what is it with plopping the TV right in front of the windows? Reminds me of ridiculously placed TV blocking the view in the Large King at Andaz Tokyo.

And I sure hope they do a little more work on breakfast, like add some buffet items at Auntie's and some more a la carte Items (Eggs Benedict comes to mind) at the Green Oven. So far the breakfast looks a bit pitiful compared to Tokyo Andaz (or vs the restaurant breakfasts at say GH HK and PH Saigon to mention just a few).

Still, really looking forward to our longish stay in Feb.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks so much for the detailed reviews! As there's no buffet at Auntie Annie's, is there any limit on how many things you can order from the menu? Can you try everything for example?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:28 pm

I tried to use the suite upgrade for a cash + point night, but the hotel emailed me said I have to book full cash in order to use the certificate for an upgrade.
Does it sound right? I thought we can use suite upgrade for P+C.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I wish the two restaurants were connected somehow so you wouldn't be forced to eat one or the other. If Andaz's philosophy is one where it's supposed to be your "home" then it should be more flexible.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:35 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saintbiz
I tried to use the suite upgrade for a cash + point night, but the hotel emailed me said I have to book full cash in order to use the certificate for an upgrade.
Does it sound right? I thought we can use suite upgrade for P+C.
Incorrect. Call the Diamond line.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Incorrect. Call the Diamond line.
Diamond line?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:57 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Diamond line?
I refuse to use the term Globalist. It sounds ridiculous.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I refuse to use the term Globalist. It sounds ridiculous.
I don't think a "Diamond Line" existed even five years ago. You just wait a little less to get dumped in the same queue of customer assistance staff that everyone gets access to.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't think a "Diamond Line" existed even five years ago. You just wait a little less to get dumped in the same queue of customer assistance staff that everyone gets access to.
This is how loyalty works. Your call is routed to the shortest queue depending on level of status.

And if you wish to get pedantic, the Private Line has been replaced with the My Hyatt Concierge Line that does go to a dedicated team within certain hours.

The poster gets my point of contacting Hyatt, not the hotel, to apply the suite upgrade.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I just tried out Andaz for one night.

Here are my brief thoughts :

Thumbsup

1) Very new. Nice physical product
2) Very friendly staff. Eager to please
3) Good F&B options and generally high standard ( for Singapore )
4) Most rooms have great views of the city. 360deg Views from the rooftop bar
5) Direct access to the subway (MRT) for easy access to other parts of the city

Thumbsdown

1) No bath-tub for all room category except suites
2) So So internet speed
3) No proper work desk
4) Free cocktail hour very stingy with snacks and cheap wines
5 ) Mediocre breakfast ( western ). Was expecting better. Didn't tried the asian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.