Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:24 pm

The hotel rooms start high enough. I wonder if it's worth spending the extra for view rooms, or just stick with the standard (for those with no Hyatt status)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:52 pm

Found some photo from Facebook Robb Report, I think that should be the Junior Suite (Andaz Suite King)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
A review of your stay would be much appreciated. Some reviews of the restaurants have begun to appear on the internet.

And I'm wondering when they will ever add actual photos of the rooms to their website!
We really enjoyed our stay at the Andaz Singapore! I'll post photos of the king room and studio suite when I get home in a day or two. I'll also try to give a brief review.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:21 am

Just got off the phone with hotel's room reservation, asking the difference between Studio Suite and King Suite. Descriptions on website for both suites are identical.

Agent was not very helpful, stating that "Studio Suite has guest toilet, but King Suite has walk-in closet and powder room but no guest toilet"

?????

Isn't powder room and guest toilet the same thing?

She did mention floor allocations for the two types of suites, so I'd imagine the USD20 difference would only be in floors/view orientation ("partial marina versus skyline" as informed)
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Just got off the phone with hotel's room reservation, asking the difference between Studio Suite and King Suite. Descriptions on website for both suites are identical.

Agent was not very helpful, stating that "Studio Suite has guest toilet, but King Suite has walk-in closet and powder room but no guest toilet"

?????

Isn't powder room and guest toilet the same thing?

She did mention floor allocations for the two types of suites, so I'd imagine the USD20 difference would only be in floors/view orientation ("partial marina versus skyline" as informed)
I asked the same question via email back in Sep, and this is the response I received (no gurantee that the information is correct; but it seems well-informed):

The difference between our Studio Suite and our King Suite is the layout of the room. The Studio Suite - upon entering is the bedroom while the King Suite, upon entering is the living room. The Studio Suite offers a view of both the Harbor and the Skyline. The King Suite offers partly the harbor view and partly the Residence Tower view. As for the floors of these Suites, the Studio Suites are located on floors 26 till 36 while the King Suite are located on floors 27 till 37.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I asked the same question via email back in Sep, and this is the response I received (no gurantee that the information is correct; but it seems well-informed):

The difference between our Studio Suite and our King Suite is the layout of the room. The Studio Suite - upon entering is the bedroom while the King Suite, upon entering is the living room. The Studio Suite offers a view of both the Harbor and the Skyline. The King Suite offers partly the harbor view and partly the Residence Tower view. As for the floors of these Suites, the Studio Suites are located on floors 26 till 36 while the King Suite are located on floors 27 till 37.
I can confirm that the entry to the Studio Suite is through the bedroom. There's a small hallway with a powder room, then you enter the bedroom. The living room is on the other end of the suite and offers two walls of windows with views of the harbour and Singapore skyline. I can't comment on the King Suite.

I'm attaching a panoramic photo of the Studio Suite. The entryway/powder room is on the left side of the photo, between the closet and bed. Sorry for the low resolution- I'm on a flight.

Name:  Andaz Singapore Studio Suite Panoramic.jpg
Views: 3592
Size:  114.8 KB
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by makavel
I can confirm that the entry to the Studio Suite is through the bedroom. There's a small hallway with a powder room, then you enter the bedroom. The living room is on the other end of the suite and offers two walls of windows with views of the harbour and Singapore skyline. I can't comment on the King Suite.

I'm attaching a panoramic photo of the Studio Suite. The entryway/powder room is on the left side of the photo, between the closet and bed. Sorry for the low resolution- I'm on a flight.

Attachment 43038
Thanks. Looks pretty nice, except that I see they placed the TV in front of a window, which is something we really dislike, as we value windows, especially those with views, much more than a TV.

Glad to hear that you had a good stay.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And here's a panoramic of the View King. The entryway is the right hallway near the center of the photo and the bathroom is the left hallway. I'm happy to post more when I get home.
Attached Images  

Last edited by makavel; Nov 2, 2017 at 3:04 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:30 am

I asked on facebook about the globalist breakfast and this is what they said...i am assuming you get to choose the venue? We will have to wait for some reports

breakfast is served at Icehaus, The Green Oven and Auntie's Wok and Steam.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:43 am

I ended up booking a King Suite. Will report in 3 weeks.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
I asked on facebook about the globalist breakfast and this is what they said...i am assuming you get to choose the venue? We will have to wait for some reports

breakfast is served at Icehaus, The Green Oven and Auntie's Wok and Steam.
They serve a western breakfast buffet at Icehaus/The Green Oven (the two restaurant spaces are combined for breakfast) and an Asian breakfast at Auntie's Wok and Steam. We tried both restaurants (Auntie's on Nov 1 because we arrived early and Icehaus/The Green Oven this morning). The Globalist breakfast benefit applies at either restaurant, so you can choose the venue!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by makavel
They serve a western breakfast buffet at Icehaus/The Green Oven (the two restaurant spaces are combined for breakfast) and an Asian breakfast at Auntie's Wok and Steam. We tried both restaurants (Auntie's on Nov 1 because we arrived early and Icehaus/The Green Oven this morning). The Globalist breakfast benefit applies at either restaurant, so you can choose the venue!
Thanks for the info!

how were the breakfasts?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
Thanks for the info!

how were the breakfasts?
Both locations were good! We especially enjoyed the mee goreng at Auntie's.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Andaz Singapore - Andaz Studio Suite King

Andaz Singapore

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Andaz Singapore

5 Fraser Street Singapore, SG 189354

Andaz Singapore - Andaz Studio Suite King (58 Photos)

Andaz Singapore

This is my first review, so I apologize if the content and/or photos are not up to par. I wasn't planning on writing such an extensive review, but since this hotel is so new and people are hungry for information, I felt that I should! I hope it helps.

We were lucky to have a flight scheduled to Singapore on the day that the new Andaz Singapore opened. As soon as reservations opened for November 1, I booked a couple rooms and applied a TSU.

Check In

We arrived before 8am on opening day (November 1) via a hotel-arranged car and were greeted by the assistant front office manager Desmond. He was incredibly friendly and mentioned that we were the first Globalist (and I believe the first guest) to arrive. We were whisked through the 2nd floor lobby, past Pandan (the hotel's bakery that serves traditional Singapore pandan cakes) up to the 25th floor for check-in in the Sunroom. The process was efficient, and we soon found ourselves in room.

01-Exterior.jpg
Andaz Singapore exterior

02-Entrance.jpg
Andaz Singapore entrance

03-Sign.jpg
Andaz Singapore sign

04-2F Lobby-Pandan.jpg
2nd floor lobby and Pandan bakery

05-2F Lobby Sign.jpg
2nd floor lobby sign (hotel layout)

06-25F Reception Desk.jpg
25th floor reception desk

07-Sunroom.jpg
Sunroom

08-Atrium.jpg
Atrium on the way to guest rooms

Room

Andaz Studio Suite King

I applied a TSU and was upgraded to an Andaz Studio Suite King on the 27th floor. The room doors are designed to look like shutters, complete with a mailbox that contains a doorbell button and keyreader.

Foyer
Upon entering the room, the powder room is immediately off of the small foyer.

Bedroom
Past the foyer is the bedroom, with a large closet that contains the luggage rack and safe. The bedroom was furnished with a rocking chair, a large TV, and a craft box (nice touch!). The TV did obscure some of the floor-to-ceiling windows, but we were able to enjoy the view via other windows. Bedside controls were provided for the lights and electronic shades/curtains. I found the bed to be comfortable.

Bathroom
The large bathroom offered a double vanity with lighted mirrors, a separate toilet enclosure, and a walk-in rain shower with adjacent tub. The shower was spacious, but the water pressure from the rain showerhead was a bit lower than I'd have preferred. My wife enjoyed the Christophe Laudamiel toiletries.

Living Room
The living room was past the bedroom and offered two walls of windows with views of the harbour and of the Singapore skyline. The sectional sofa was comfortable and allowed us to appreciate the great views while relaxing. The minibar contained some spicy popcorn, a granola bar, and some chocolate-covered almonds in addition to sodas and juices. As with all Andaz properties, the snacks and non-alcholic beverages are free of charge.

09-Studio Suite Door.jpg
Andaz Studio Suite door

11-Studio Suite Powder Room.jpg
Studio Suite powder room

1_10-Studio Suite Bedroom Panoramic.jpg
Studio Suite bedroom panoramic

12-Studio Suite Bedroom.jpg
Studio Suite bedroom

13-Studio Suite Craft Supplies.jpg
Studio Suite craft supplies

14-Studio Suite Closet 1.jpg
Studio Suite closet

15-Studio Suite Closet 2.jpg
Studio Suite closet

16-Studio Suite Bathroom Panoramic.jpg
Studio Suite bathroom panoramic

17-Studio Suite Shower.jpg
Studio Suite shower

18-Studio Suite Bathroom.jpg
Studio Suite bathroom

19-Studio Suite Toilet.jpg
Studio Suite toilet

20-Studio Suite Amenities 1.jpg
Studio Suite bathroom amenities

21-Studio Suite Amenities 2.jpg
Studio Suite bathroom amenities

22-Studio Suite Living Room 1.jpg
Studio Suite living room (and minibar)

23-Studio Suite Living Room 2.jpg
Studio Suite living room

24-Studio Suite Living Room Panoramic.jp
Studio Suite living room panoramic

25-Studio Suite Minibar 1.jpg
Minibar contents

26-Studio Suite Minibar 2.jpg
Minibar contents

27-Studio Suite Minibar 3.jpg
Minibar contents/price list

Andaz 1 King View Room

A family member traveling with us also occupied a 1 King View room.

We had booked a 1 King room for this family member, and it was upgraded to a 1 King View room at check-in (I assume because of my Globalist status because it was booked in my name). The room overlooked the Singapore skyline.

The entryway contained a luggage rack big enough for one large suitcase, a safe, and several drawers. It opened up into the bedroom. A seating area with a table complimented the bed and minibar. The bathroom held a nice-sized vanity with lighted mirror, a walk-in rain shower, and a separate toilet enclosure.

50-King View Panoramic.jpg
King View panoramic

51-King View Entrance.jpg
Entrance

52-King View Bedroom 1.jpg
Bedroom

53-King View Bedroom 2.jpg
Bedroom

54-King View Bedroom 3.jpg
Bedroom

55-King View Bathroom Entrance.jpg
Bathroom entrance

56-King View Shower.jpg
Shower

57-King View Toilet.jpg
Toilet

58-King View Vanity.jpg
Bathroom vanity

Dining

Breakfast

The hotel offers breakfast in two venues: Auntie's Wok & Steam (Asian-style breakfast) and Icehaus/The Green Oven (Western breakfast). Both choices are located on the 25th floor and form part of the "Alley on 25". While Icehaus/The Green Oven operate as separate restaurants for the rest of the day, their dining spaces are combined during breakfast, with the breakfast buffet located in Icehaus and the egg station located in The Green Oven. As a Globalist, you are entitled to the breakfast benefit at your choice of either Auntie's or Icehaus/The Green Oven.

Because we arrived so early, we were able to try breakfast at Auntie's Wok & Steam. The restaurant offers beautiful views of Singapore and an open kitchen so you can watch your food being prepared. We ordered mee goreng, fried rice, and some dumplings. All of the dishes were delicious, but we especially enjoyed the mee goreng! The restaurant also surprised us with a coconut pandan cake, which was tasty.

33-Aunties Wok and Steam 1.jpg1_33-Auntie33-Auntie
Auntie's Wok & Steam entrance

34-Auntie34-Aunties Wok and Steam 2.jpg
Auntie's Wok & Steam dining room panoramic

35-Aunties Wok and Steam Menu.jpg
Auntie's Wok & Steam breakfast menu

36-Aunties Wok and Steam Food 1.jpg
Auntie's Wok & Steam organic fried rice

37-Aunties Wok and Steam Food 2.jpg
Auntie's Wok & Steam chicken dumplings

38-Aunties Wok and Steam Food 3.jpg
Auntie's Wok & Steam mee goreng

39-Aunties Wok and Steam Food 4.jpg
Auntie's Wok & Steam coconut pandan cake

On the second morning of our stay, we tried the Western breakfast at The Green Oven/Icehaus. My cheese omelette was moist and tasted great, and the accompanying spinach and mushrooms were good as well. I especially enjoyed the toast, which was labeled as simply as "sourdough" on the menu, but appeared to be a wheat sourdough. The buffet offered an assortment of baked goods, waffles, cheese, and fruit. There was also yogurt and fruit in the fridge behind the buffet. This meal ("full breakfast" on the menu, which included an a la carte item as well as the buffet) was covered by the Globalist breakfast benefit.

40-Icehaus.jpg
Icehaus

41-The Green Oven.jpg
The Green Oven

42-The Green Oven Menu.jpg
The Green Oven menu

43-The Green Oven Omelette.jpg
Omelette

44-The Green Oven Buffet 1.jpg
Icehaus buffet

45-The Green Oven Buffet 2.jpg
Icehaus buffet

Andaz Happy Hour

The hotel offers a complimentary happy hour from 5-7pm daily, during which beer and wine are available along with snacks like peanuts. Notably, this hotel has its own beer entitled the Andaz Pale Ale. While I usually don't enjoy beer with a lot of hops, this one was good!

32-Andaz Happy Hour.jpg
Andaz Pale Ale

Other Dining Venues

We didn't get a chance to eat lunch or dinner at the hotel, but it offers several other restaurants that complete the "Alley on 25":
- Smoke & Pepper (barbecue)
- Plancha’Lah! (hotplate)
- Bar Square (lobby bar)
- Auntie's Wok & Steam
- The Green Oven
- Icehaus

46-Smoke and Pepper.jpg
Smoke & Pepper

48-Smoke and Pepper.jpg
Smoke & Pepper

47-Smoke and Pepper Menu.jpg
Smoke & Pepper menu

Steakhouse

The hotel also offers a steakhouse named 665°F, but this wasn't yet open during our visit.

Rooftop Bar

On the top of the hotel sits Mr. Stork, a rooftop bar. It also wasn't yet open during our visit (I was told it should be ready by November 15), but the hotel staff were kind enough to take us on a tour. It offers stunning 360° views of Singapore and features numerous seating areas. The bar was notable for its seating arrangements that resembled Native American tipis.

30-Mr Stork 1.jpg
Mr. Stork

31-Mr Stork 2.jpg
Mr. Stork

The hotel is directly connected to the Bugis MRT station via an underpass on the B3 level. This provides convenient access to most of Singapore.

The hotel is also located just a couple blocks from Haji Lane, which offers local shopping and dining experiences.

49-Bugis MRT Underpass.jpg
Entrance to Bugis MRT station

Other Amenities

The hotel's main pool is on the 25th floor and provides a stunning infinity edge with harbour views. A smaller pool was located in another alcove on the 25th floor in an area that also contained outdoor bench seating.

28-Pool.jpg
Main pool

29-Smaller Pool.jpg
Smaller pool

Service

All of the hotel staff members were incredibly friendly, helpful, and gracious. While there were too many wonderful staff members to name, I will say that we really enjoyed conversing with the Assistant Front Office Manager Desmond and also the Director of Operations Chikako. They were present morning, evening, and night throughout our 1-day stay, and were constantly talking with guests to ensure that their stays were going well. The service from management and other hotel staff made this hotel shine.

Overall

Thanks to this hotel's great design, rooms, staff/service, and food, I definitely plan to return the next time that I'm in Singapore. I hope that you'll enjoy your visit as much as I did!

Andaz Singapore - Andaz Studio Suite King

Would you like to write a review on the Andaz Singapore?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:38 pm

THANK YOU for this review, very well written and great photos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.