Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Reservations now available from 5 Dec

The website is now taking reservations from 5 December.

Rates for our dates in Feb are about 50% higher than GH Singapore for a base room (441 vs 288 SGD, senior rate).

Although it was not possible to try an award booking to to complete a P&C booking, it did show a rate of 210 SGD for the cash portion of P&C, which would make it a Cat 6.

Very curiously, the rate for an entry level suite (variously called a King Suite, Studio Suite, or Junior Suite), is only minimally higher than for a standard room (521 vs 441 for our dates), even though the suite is exactly double the size of the standard room (76 vs 38 m2).
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:35 am

Checked back again today and the rate for my dates for a base room had dropped from 441 to 333 SGD, which seems pretty reasonable. The suite too had dropped from 521 to 413 SGD.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Seems they are running a 20% discounted opening rate..... not too bad.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Been waiting for reservations to open up. Have booked a 3 night stay in December, will probably cancel my reservation at W for the same period. The short description says the hotel is linked to Bugis MRT so seems convenient enough.

Corporate rate knocks about 15% off, which makes it cheaper then Grand Hyatt for me, even once the opening offer expires. I'll see if I can apply a TSU and advise what it books into.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Although it was not possible to try an award booking to to complete a P&C booking, it did show a rate of 210 SGD for the cash portion of P&C, which would make it a Cat 6.
It's possible to book on points (although the website shows 0 points, 25k points are deducted). Cat 6, and not currently worth the points rate.

http://imgur.com/xooxxRl
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:28 am

Ugh...cat 6...and the rooms are smaller than the cat 5 GH...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

But hey, it's an Andaz.... new and hip :-).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:03 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Fascinating...from their website...

Bright guestrooms with city views. Designed by Andre Fu

Designed by esteemed interior architect Andre Fu of The Upper House fame, all 342 of Andaz Singapore hotel guestrooms are inspired by the locale, with each of the organic, fluid spaces featuring warm russet and mustard tones frequently found in Indian and Malay handicrafts, as well as wood-style tiling to create a natural, earthy feel. Floor-to-ceiling windows flood spaces with natural light and frame stunning views of Singapore’s skyline, Bras Basah Bugis and Kampong Glam. Luxurious features include spacious daybeds, plush carpeting and rainshowers.
Something special, something to be considered.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:10 am

I asked FT Hyatt Concierge which suite a TSU would confirm into, although of course not until the hotel officially opens, and the reply was the "Andaz Suite King", one rank up from the "Andaz Studio Suite King", although both are the same size at 76 m2. Hopefully they will eventually offer more information re what differentiates these 2 types.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Damn... its going to be a cat6? Guess I am sticking with my GH award booking
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
342 rooms!? Sounds pretty huge for an Andaz.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by hailstorm
342 rooms!? Sounds pretty huge for an Andaz.
It's a pretty darn good size building. Since it's a mixed used facility, e.g. residences and shopping, hard to tell how much exactly of it is the Andaz but still.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:56 pm

Pool on the 25th floor and rooftop bar on the 39th, so at least 15 floors and maybe some space on the ground floor, so sounds like close to 40% of one of the 2 towers.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Pool on the 25th floor and rooftop bar on the 39th, so at least 15 floors
Not necessarily. There's a significant gap between the floor where the pool is located and the floors where the rooms are located at Andaz Tokyo.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:55 pm

They seem to drastically limited the availability of the room category "Andaz Studio Suite King", since I have only seen it once in checking more than 30 different dates. At the same time, they have significantly narrowed the rate difference between "Andaz Studio Suite King" and "Andaz Suite King". I seem to remember it being about 80 SGD when they first starting taking reservations, even though they are both the exact same size, but on the only date I see the Studio available now the difference is only 20 SGD. I suspect that on most dates they are simply not bothering to differentiating between the 2 types. Maybe the only difference is the view.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Aug 25, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.