Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by rayfes
Not sure how the residence suite is different from the regular one.
Regular suite you enter through the bedroom and pass through to get to the living room in the corner. Residence suite you enter through the living room and pass through to get to the bedroom in the corner. Residence suite has a better view. Size is the same. I think the Residence Suite is worth spending a bit (maybe S$20-30/night) more.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
I think the bathroom in regular suite is a bit more spacious, compared to the residence suite. but the walk-in closet in the regular suite is placed weirdly right at the entrance. the room arrangement in the residence suite is definitely making more sense.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:50 am

i wouldn't pay anything or scheme (TSU+Prive) to get the residence suite instead of the studio suite.
the studio suite view & bathroom are awesome, and overall same size as residence.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:59 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Colin
i wouldn't pay anything or scheme (TSU+Prive) to get the residence suite instead of the studio suite.
the studio suite view & bathroom are awesome, and overall same size as residence.
If you plan on entertaining / having guests over the standard suites is not ideal at all. Walking into the bedroom to get to the living room is just plain annoying.
rayfes likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Am leaving tonight after a pleasant 4 night vacation stay. Booked Sunday night even though I didn't land until Monday morning since I didn't want to gamble on the room being available at 10am after an 18 hour flight. I msg'd the property days before and checked in on the app to make sure I wouldn't be considered a no-show.

I have no status with WOH but was upgraded from a studio suite to residence suite which was nice since I did entertain guests one evening. I appreciated the complimentary mini bar with its 2 beers as the beers are quite pricey in SIN. The wall HDMI port in the living room didn't work but the soundbar had bluetooth and it was nice to stream music from my phone.

The automated shades were a nice touch but the lighting controls were confusing. I'm am electrical engineer and it was some effort to figure out how to turn off all of the lights in the room.

The flip flops were not comfortable but I did enjoy a dip in the pool. I'd suggest going to the 26th floor and walking down the steps to the pool at 25 instead of walking through the 25th floor lobby and restaurant in swim attire.

The mobile room key didn't work on my Pixel 4 (android) phone but perhaps my case is blocking the signal.

Staff is very friendly and I enjoyed drinks and the view at Mr Stork on the rooftop. I didn't eat at any of the restaurants as there are some many places to explore outside. I turned down the offer of including breakfast in my room rate.

Having the Bugis MRT subway station is a big plus and let me get around the city easily. There is also a 7-11 convenience store down there which let me resupply my room until 10:30p

Upon checkin I inquired about late checkout and was offered 2p at no charge. On the morning of my departure I reached out on Facebook messenger about a further extension but the bot did not understand my meaning so I called the front desk. They said they would check with a supervisor and ring me back. 20 minutes they called back and offered 4p check out at no charge. I'm leaving on a Thursday so perhaps they are not that booked up and corona virus fears are reducing demand. I appreciate the late checkout.

Regarding that the room seems very clean and they have posted notices about additional cleaning of common areas. I have not been to SIN in 15 years so I don't know how crowded it usually but I have been able to go many places without waiting in lines. The MRT subway is occasionally crowded and that would be the only thing I would avoid if you do not want to be around other people. SIN is expensive but Grab rides are very inexpensive. Ride from the airport was 20SGD and a ride to Sentosa island was only 10SGD.

I wish the tub was a whirlpool tub with jets but the bathroom is spacious.

I would definitely stay here again.

Last edited by rayfes; Mar 4, 2020 at 6:25 pm Reason: typos
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:29 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Just completed a Staycation at Andaz Singapore. Overall the stay was pretty good and for the staycation promotion price I got. It was a very good deal.

I have the lowest status with Hyatt but was upgraded from 2 Twin Bed to 2 Twin Bed Bay View Deluxe which was nice as it was located on the 37th floor and offered good views of the surroundings. I strongly suspect the hotel has not opened all floors as the occupancy does not deamdn it. Room condition is excellent and the furnishings still feel new considering the hotel almost being 3 years old. Mini-bar is still complimentary and you have to request for it to be delivered to your room due to COVID conditions. Staff are all friendly and the hotel seems to be coping with the new norms of Social Distancing, Maximum of 5 people at gym and 15 people by the pool at any given time.

Had lunch as 665 and it was excellent. The steaks were suberb.
Brakfast buffet was excellent too as it has turned into full ala carte buffet where you order what you want. Thus, food quality was excellent due to freshness. We were extended early check in of 12pm and late check out of 3pm as it was a weekday and I suspect a low occupancy as with COVID impacts. Alcohol prices by the pool were reasonable considering it is a 5-star hotel.

I would definitely stay here again as I personally like the room design as the wood makes it feel more like a resort hotel than city hotel.
linkboi likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: free agent
I am thinking about stay at this hotel to check off brand explorer promotion and anyone have recent experience as globalist who stay there since Singapores VTL flight opens up?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by washeelers747
I am thinking about stay at this hotel to check off brand explorer promotion and anyone have recent experience as globalist who stay there since Singapore’s VTL flight opens up?
I've stayed here a few times. Quite a large hotel with excellent rooms. I've always booked the standard suites and was upgraded to a "large suite". Breakfast was room service, no restrictions on what you're allowed to order. Overall, the F&B is good at this hotel, and there are many great restaurants in all price ranges in its vicinity. A very good bar is in the art nouveau building directly across from the hotel.

In my opinion it's one of the best hotels in the city. Nothing particularly quirky or unique about it, though (in case you value such things),
rayfes and washeelers747 like this.

Last edited by Hydro88; Feb 18, 2022 at 2:06 am
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like this property and stayed here for a second time recently. Booked through Hyatt Prive, which had a fourth night free offer, in addition to the welcome amenity and S$130 property credit. I would have received breakfast free as a Globalist anyway.

Booked a King Deluxe City View and received an upgrade to a King Deluxe Bay View -> presumably this was the Prive confirmed upgrade. No further upgrade offered at check-in; I looked online and a studio suite was the only thing available, but all of the suites as this property are listed as "premium" and presumably unavailable for Globalists/TSUs?

As I was arriving on an early morning VTL flight, it was required that I have a hotel room waiting for me immediately to isolate while waiting for the results - the hotel confirmed a week in advance that they'd let me check in early - it was ~9am. That was great and saved me a paid night.

The rooms are still in good condition, and I like the finishings. The bathrooms/closets can be a bit of a maze.

The hotel really should have installed HVAC systems in the rooms with a dehumidify function, which is very standard in many apartments in such a hot and humid city. Otherwise you have to use the AC to knock down the humidity, but at the cost of it being quite cold in the room. The bathroom was rather musty the whole time.

Staff were friendly and accommodating, but training and service standards seem to be rather low. It's also annoying that the staff at the F&B outlets are told to make a spiel about writing a TripAdvisor review every time you pay your check. Does anyone even use TripAdvisor anymore - it's full of garbage now because of all of this gaming of the system.

At check-in they told me the Prive credit could be used anywhere except the lobby bar, which sounded odd. I asked another front desk agent later in the stay and was told that it was "probably" OK. I didn't have any problem getting the credit applied to the charge at check-out.

About 12 hours after I checked in, I still hadn't received my Prive welcome amenity, so I called down to see what it was. A short while later they delivered a box with a handwritten note and an extra set of toiletries. Even the maid was confused by that one - the next day she moved all of the toiletries from the special box on the bedroom table and lined them up in the bathroom with all of the other toiletries. I was expecting a bottle of wine or a desert or something along those lines; I've never heard of a welcome amenity being more of toiletries that are already freely available in unlimited quantities.

The hotel free minibar seems to have declined since my last stay. I recall there being a handful of beers in there, in addition to soda and juice. Now it's only soda and juice. There was also a KitKat bar that was replaced once in three days.

Breakfast is served a la carte from a small/medium-sized menu. Food is good quality, but I feel like the quality was better in the pre-COVID buffet days.

Overall I like the design and location and would stay here again.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Doppy
I looked online and a studio suite was the only thing available, but all of the suites as this property are listed as "premium" and presumably unavailable for Globalists/TSUs?
The studio suite is the upgrade for Globalists, not sure why you did not receive it:

Andaz Studio Suite King
Unwind in this 76 sq m (818 sq ft) guestroom with a king-size bed, a day bed and floor-to-ceiling windows framing stunning views of Singapores skyline and Marina Bay area. With an entrance leading into the bedroom, the Andaz Studio Suite King features an additional living room, a bathtub, a powder room, a rain shower, and double sink vanities in the bathroom. This is a standard suite.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by escape4
The studio suite is the upgrade for Globalists, not sure why you did not receive it:
This is my guess as the reason:
Originally Posted by Doppy
As I was arriving on an early morning VTL flight, it was required that I have a hotel room waiting for me immediately to isolate while waiting for the results - the hotel confirmed a week in advance that they'd let me check in early - it was ~9am. That was great and saved me a paid night.
Given that it's the standard suite upgrade for Globs, it is quite likely that the occupant is entitled to a late check-out. Since the poster needed to get into the room early, it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't any studio suites already cleaned and ready at 9am.
Doppy likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is anyone here able to comment on the breakfast? The manager told me there is a guest area, but no lounge, where there are refreshments like water and juice. The cash rate is super high for next week so I'm thinking of redeeming points.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Accor Dia, Mar. Tit, QR Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is anyone here able to comment on the breakfast? The manager told me there is a guest area, but no lounge, where there are refreshments like water and juice. The cash rate is super high for next week so I'm thinking of redeeming points.
The breakfast here is worth waking up for, an ala carte menu with good variety of western and local options. Menu says one main per person, but Im certain asking for more (within reason) should be fine. Breakfast service is hit or miss, stick to the full-timers (the ones that arent in orange t-shirts) and you should be fine.
Menu: https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/ho...kfast-Menu.pdf

There is no lounge, but there is the Sunroom on level 25 which offers all day beverages (coffee, tea, iced tea).

Cash rates are indeed ridiculous for this property, like most hotels in singapore these days.

Id temper expectations about studio suite upgrade availability. Theres only 5 of them, and theyre often booked up outright or used for wedding bookings. The hotel does offer cash upgrades to the Residence and Large Suites when theyre available. Theres currently renovation works going on during office hours at level 26.

Lastly, the hotel recently switched to reusable pump bottles for the shower amenities and seem to be giving the one-time use bottles as a globalist welcome gift.

Pingtung and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by McChicken
The breakfast here is worth waking up for, an ala carte menu with good variety of western and local options. Menu says one main per person, but Im certain asking for more (within reason) should be fine. Breakfast service is hit or miss, stick to the full-timers (the ones that arent in orange t-shirts) and you should be fine.
Menu: https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/ho...kfast-Menu.pdf

There is no lounge, but there is the Sunroom on level 25 which offers all day beverages (coffee, tea, iced tea).

Cash rates are indeed ridiculous for this property, like most hotels in singapore these days.

Id temper expectations about studio suite upgrade availability. Theres only 5 of them, and theyre often booked up outright or used for wedding bookings. The hotel does offer cash upgrades to the Residence and Large Suites when theyre available. Theres currently renovation works going on during office hours at level 26.

Lastly, the hotel recently switched to reusable pump bottles for the shower amenities and seem to be giving the one-time use bottles as a globalist welcome gift.

Is it a coincidence that the Grand Hyatt Singapore is also undergoing renovation as well? I just called them and the MOD also said limited suites for Globalists due to demand from long-term stay businessmen.

As for the cash rate, when I checked yesterday, GH Singapore was going for over S$800 for May 2nd. Total insanity and makes an award redemption to be tremendous value!
Old May 7, 2022, 5:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Andaz Singapore = Good (but not Great) in Almost All Aspects

Andaz Singapore

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Andaz Singapore

5 Fraser Street Singapore, SG 189354

Andaz Singapore = Good (but not Great) in Almost All Aspects (12 Photos)

Andaz Singapore

For my latest stay in Singapore I wanted to try something new and I had never stayed at Andaz Singapore before.  If I am not mistaken this Andaz has very few suites so as a Globalist, any last minute booking probably does not have good odds of a suite upgrade but since my dates were fixed several weeks in advance, I thought it would be a good use of a Globalist suite upgrade.  Overall I was quite happy with this Andaz, although it was “good” in most categories rather than “great”.  

Room

As expected I received the Studio Suite which is the normal suite upgrade at this hotel.  The quality of the hardware was very good except for a few minor issues for example the plug at the bottom of the bathtub was very hard to remove so we had to rely on housekeeping to empty the tub on occasion (or use a knife ourselves), and two of the dispenser bottles broke at one point.  Thankfully the hotel also provided toiletries in a gift box set so we did not run out.  

The main weakness of the room has very little to do with the construction itself but rather the fact that upon entering the room we were straight into the bedroom so when ordering room service, staff had to walk through the bedroom to get to the living room at the far end, which was not an ideal design.  I was also surprised that for such a modern hotel in an international city, they did not build international power plugs allowing to recharge electronics.

Despite the small warts, nonetheless by being guaranteed a suite in a city like Singapore for the price I paid, it was solid value and Andaz would be hard to beat for long(ish) stays.

IMG_1342.jpegIMG_1343.jpegIMG_1344.jpegIMG_1345.jpegIMG_1346.jpegIMG_1347.jpeg

Since we had a very late flight on the day of departure, I was interested in having check-out later than the normal 4pm but knowing that suites are in high demand I thought it would be unfair to ask to stay longer in that suite.  I asked the hotel if we could leave the suite at noon to allow them to prepare it for another guest earlier than 4pm, and give us a regular room for several hours extra to allow very late check-out.  Thankfully they accepted which was a nice gesture, and I got the opportunity to see a non-suite; I am not sure if the room they gave us was entry level or not.  To be honest that room was quite nice as well and if I was to return without a suite, I would not suffer too much should the hotel have high occupancy.

1_IMG_1397.jpeg1_IMG_1398.jpeg1_IMG_1399.jpeg1_IMG_1400.jpeg1_IMG_1401.jpeg

Dining

For breakfast it was great that room service was an option (similar to some Park Hyatts) especially considering that weekends were quite crowded in the restaurant.  Everything was entirely a la carte but for room service the choices were limited to three sets: western, asian, or vegetarian.  It seems every morning they were not entirely consistent for example sometimes we would get two fruit plates or some small part of the order was missing, and one morning the order took over one hour.  On a different day the assistant manager of the restaurant apologized, gave me his business card and recommended that I pre-order for the next morning when they also expected to be very busy and that he would ensure there would not be any mix-ups; this was a nice gesture.

IMG_1348.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 30 Mbps.

Overall

Based on my stay I can definitely recommend this hotel even though there were a few minor aspects that they could improve.  I like to mix things up and I would not make Andaz my single go-to hotel in Singapore but I will definitely return.  

Andaz Singapore = Good (but not Great) in Almost All Aspects

Would you like to write a review on the Andaz Singapore?

No, thank you.
Yes
lsquare and projectmaximus like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.