Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 13, 2016, 5:19 am

I'm really looking forward to this property. If it's even 70% as good as Andaz Tokyo it should be a wonderful and much needed addition to the Singapore hotel landscape.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:21 pm

"mid 2017"

https://singapore.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
More interesting location than the GH.
Not too sure about the location really .
It's a bit in the middle of an uninteresting area in it's immediate vicinity although to get to Bugis appears relatively easy .
It's like a Ritz C millennia to Marina Sq SG

The immediate area is still finding its way ( kampung glam notwithstanding ) and will do so for at least for the next 10-15 years ... the heritage shophouses aspect borders on the mundane in terms of shops etc ...

Depending on what one wants of course - I would still prefer the GH location and the various malls etc there ( provided shops can still remain open ) .

Having said that , not a fan of any Andaz thus far ( have stayed Lon , SH , Tyo )
Only marginally like Tyo .

Last edited by bearbrick; Nov 18, 2016 at 6:44 am
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:27 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Twitter told me earlier today likely July..... A few weeks ago they told me march...
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Hoping this will be a cat5 (or lower)... Same as the GH....
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Hoping this will be a cat5 (or lower)... Same as the GH....
I never stayed at an Andaz property before so I'm curious where Andaz stands in the overall list of Hyatt brands.
Is Anadaz generally considered to be the same level as Grand?
Or is one of the two usually a more upscale brand than the other?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Andaz is supposed to be a casual luxury brand, ie. a casual Park Hyatt.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pWei
Andaz is supposed to be a casual luxury brand, ie. a casual Park Hyatt.
It's at least a full category down from PH in pretty much every respect (with the possible exception of Tokyo).

I'd call it GH level, but much less formal.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:18 am

There's a JAL sale (or mistake?) fare from US to Singapore that I just booked for next February.

Hoping the Andaz is great and affordable. I love Andaz hotels, but you're right, I'll have to consider the lack of a lounge for evening appetizers and cocktails. (I'm fine with lounge breakfasts). Either way, it's all going to be wonderful.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by katstarr
Hoping the Andaz is great and affordable.
Great hotels in Singapore are rarely affordable.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Great hotels in Singapore are rarely affordable.
Singapore actually has a relatively low price level for luxury hotels, although not as low as Kuala Lumpur for example.

Andaz Singapore looks great from the preliminary photographs. If it's even half as good as Andaz Tokyo, I'll be staying there for sure.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Anyone have any updates as to the opening date of this property? The website says late summer, but I can't figure out when that was last updated. I might be in Singapore late August and would love to give the Andaz a try if it was open by then!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Anyone have any updates as to the opening date of this property? The website says late summer, but I can't figure out when that was last updated. I might be in Singapore late August and would love to give the Andaz a try if it was open by then!
I pinged them on Facebook on 3/14 and they said "Hello jglenn16! We're looking to open late this summer. Do stay tuned to our channels or subscribe to the Hyatt newsletter to catch any announcements about our reservations date."
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by jglenn16
I pinged them on Facebook on 3/14 and they said "Hello jglenn16! We're looking to open late this summer. Do stay tuned to our channels or subscribe to the Hyatt newsletter to catch any announcements about our reservations date."
Singapore is... summer all year round!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Singapore actually has a relatively low price level for luxury hotels, although not as low as Kuala Lumpur for example.
The problem is in Singapore you pay more and get less. There are very few truly good hotels in this city.

I really hope the Andaz will be good -- someone mentioned 70% as good as the Tokyo property, but I would expect less than 50%.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.