Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum, SW Companion Pass Holder, Royal Caribbean Diamond P
I posted my experience at the Andaz Singapore with photos of a trip a week ago on instagram if anyone is interested. Instagram "Checkingtravel"

Thanks for sharing
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I hate it when hotels do this type of thing; for an upcoming 11-night stay at GH Taipei I had to book 8 separate reservations in order to get the lowest daily rates.

I notice that the rates here at Andaz go back to normal from a 5-night or longer stay; not sure what their trying to do with this increasing daily rate up to 4 nights...
I have had that exact same situation with Hyatt and other chains. I just book separate reservations, and anyway that also protects against dynamic pricing changes if shortening the stay.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by mechu
Seems like they are trying to play a silly game with the rates now. A one night stay in the base room shows up with a standard rate of S$370 but that goes up slightly to S$390 when you select 2 nights, S$395 for 3 nights, S$400 for 4 nights. The same base room and bed type is available for S$370 for all 4 nights so not sure how this can be the case

The opening offer discount of 20% is applied on the higher rate so this is a really sneaky way of trying to reduce the discount they are offering...
Welcome to Singapore
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Welcome to Singapore
I really don't see this kind of practice as prevalent in Singapore or elsewhere.. at least not in this very calculated manner...

Usually the rates for longer stays somehow get messed up when you have a long stay that crosses a weekend when there are specific discounted rates that are offered which doesn't combine properly with the weekday rates. It's never this calculated where the standard rate creeps up $5 for each additional night you add till the 4th night.

I think most of the floors should have been open by now. Any other globalists with experiences to share on the upgrade you received?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I can't believe they put such a tacky message on their slippers!
I asked about that. They said it's a joke. I didn't get it..... :-/
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I can't believe they put such a tacky message on their slippers!
Reminds me of the "pinched from Virgin Atlantic" message etched under VS' old salt and pepper shakers, which I found kinda cute.

"Stolen", though, seems a bit too formal/ serious/ less of a joking tone then "pinched" or "nicked".
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I actually hate thong style slippers and would never steal those. Bad joke gone wrong Andaz Singapore.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Aventine
I actually hate thong style slippers and would never steal those. Bad joke gone wrong Andaz Singapore.
They really irritate my toes; I can't even wear the cloth thong slippers at Andaz Tokyo, which are otherwise quite nice (my wife loves them). These rubber flip-flops are disgusting, even without the tacky joke.

So does anyone know if Andaz Singapore is also providing normal room slippers? It has been quite a while since I stayed at a hotel that did not have room slippers.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by saintbiz
I tried to use the suite upgrade for a cash + point night, but the hotel emailed me said I have to book full cash in order to use the certificate for an upgrade.
Does it sound right? I thought we can use suite upgrade for P+C.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Incorrect. Call the Diamond line.
I had the same issue when I emailed the Globalist Concierge for a stay in March. Studio suite is available only for full cash upgrade but not P+C. Is it official that P+C has a different bucket for suite upgrades via our upgrade certificates?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by totmode
Is it official that P+C has a different bucket for suite upgrades via our upgrade certificates?
No it's just certain properties flouting the rules and Hyatt not enforcing them.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:14 pm

The hotel continues to get dissed by locals on TA, especially regarding the need to have to select between western and Asian for breakfast. And still no real room photos on the hotel's site. The've been open for 6 weeks now and things still seem to be not going very smoothly. I'm starting to wonder if I'll need to keep a backup for the second half of our stay.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I stayed there for the first time just over a week ago, and would call it mixed to be honest.

I cannot complain at all about the room I got, quite the opposite in fact, as I got upgraded straight to an 'Andaz Large Suite' and was the first guest to stay in one apparently as they had only been handed over to revenue a couple of days earlier. The Suite was huge and a very impressive place it has to be said. It was somewhat wasted being there on my own, and for only one night, although the latter point is probably why I got it. Didn't do breakfast so cannot comment there but did attempt eating there for lunch only to be informed when I chose the place I wanted to eat that it was closed as all the available staff were allocated to other parts of the 'restaurant system' that were already occupied. Having various different places with just a small choice rather than one or two larger ones with bigger choices is clearly aimed at giving guests a 'local experience', but it just seemed pointless and annoying to me.

We did have a few drinks at Mr Stork, the rooftop bar, the night before, which is a decent place with nice views but they really do need to find some staff who speak better English as it was a real struggle communicating with the two Korean girls up there that night. Didn't use the pool but had a look and again nice views, which is one big advantage this place has over the GH. One big downside, depending on where you need to go, is the location especially at the moment as no taxi drivers know it and I had to wait 20 minutes for a taxi to go back to Changi.

So all in all a mixed experience. The room was fantastic and if I got one of these every time then that would be a major plus. Mr Stork is nice, if you can manage to communicate, but the dining system was just annoying. The location issues with taxis etc will sort itself out over time.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
Stayed at Andaz Singapore a couple of weeks ago and really loved the hard product. The rooms are amazing and I cannot really say anything bad about them. The thing worth noting about the rooms is that even for the Standard category, you'll find many different kinds of layouts due to the shape of the building.
As mentioned previously by another poster, if your room comes with breakfast you can either have the Western or the Asian option but not both. I did find the Western option to be better though (tried both at different instances). You get to choose between many different types of eggs but I thought it was a bit unusual that eggs benedict wasn't one of them. The Asian breakfast wasn't that good.
Had some minor problems understanding the accent of some staff but generally found them friendly and eager to please.
I wouldn't mind returning - really love the rooms and the overall ambiance of the hotel.

Wrote a more detailed review here in case anyone's interested: Hotel Review: Andaz Singapore - Stylish Hyatt Hotel in Bugis - I Wander
Old Dec 25, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: CX Diamond, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Staying here currently.

Breakfast is no longer an "either or" experience -- you can get food from both the Western and Asian sections, with the self-service coffee machine located in between the 2 sections. The Asian section is quite limited though.

As has been mentioned previously, the hard product is very good. Service is not great but acceptable. The staff is generally very young; not very polished but they do seem to try hard. I do find it odd that there doesn't appear to be any turn down service.

Overall, definitely worth checking this place out.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by tobeytoh
Breakfast is no longer an "either or" experience -- you can get food from both the Western and Asian sections, with the self-service coffee machine located in between the 2 sections. The Asian section is quite limited though.

I do find it odd that there doesn't appear to be any turn down service.
Good to hear that breakfast is improving, maybe in future they will add to the menu. The lack of eggs Benedict seems strange.

And that is also strange about the absence of a turndown service.

Do the rooms still have only pool flip-flops and no room slippers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.