Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thank you for the OUTSTANDING review!

The breakfast menu in Aunties seems a bit limited. For the comped Globalist breakfast was it just order anything your want?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I'm sure that pool was highly influenced by Marina Bay Sands.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:09 pm

The bathroom in the studio suite looks great; love the stool in the shower.

Having to pass through the bedroom to get to the living room is incredibly strange, especially awkward for ordering room service meals! I might re-think and switch from the studio suite to the other junior suite.

Seems like too much furniture, and of course there is that TV in front of the window (reminds me of the TV placement in the Large King at Andaz Tokyo).

But overall looks great and we're very excited to go.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thank you for the OUTSTANDING review!

The breakfast menu in Aunties seems a bit limited. For the comped Globalist breakfast was it just order anything your want?
Now that you mention it, I see what you mean about the Auntie's breakfast menu. It didn't feel limited at the time, but we were pretty exhausted after a redeye flight so perhaps we just didn't notice haha. The food was all great though!

That's a good question regarding the Globalist breakfast at Auntie's! I didn't specifically ask what was covered because we ate there on the morning that we checked in and I wasn't expecting the meal to be comped. However, the server at Auntie's mentioned that they offered a "buffet" (SGD$38, I think) which allowed you to order as much as you wanted off of the a la carte menu. The similarly priced buffet option at The Green Oven (called "Full breakfast" on the menu, which allowed you to order a la carte as well as enjoy the buffet) was covered by the Globalist benefit, so I assume the "buffet" option at Auntie's would be handled in the same fashion. Assuming that's true, you should be able to order whatever you want off of the Auntie's menu.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:17 pm

makavel - thanks for the wonderful review. very comprehensive and helpful. looks like you guys enjoyed your stay.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by makavel
Now that you mention it, I see what you mean about the Auntie's breakfast menu. It didn't feel limited at the time, but we were pretty exhausted after a redeye flight so perhaps we just didn't notice haha. The food was all great though!

That's a good question regarding the Globalist breakfast at Auntie's! I didn't specifically ask what was covered because we ate there on the morning that we checked in and I wasn't expecting the meal to be comped. However, the server at Auntie's mentioned that they offered a "buffet" (SGD$38, I think) which allowed you to order as much as you wanted off of the a la carte menu. The similarly priced buffet option at The Green Oven (called "Full breakfast" on the menu, which allowed you to order a la carte as well as enjoy the buffet) was covered by the Globalist benefit, so I assume the "buffet" option at Auntie's would be handled in the same fashion. Assuming that's true, you should be able to order whatever you want off of the Auntie's menu.
Maybe they'll add some Asian buffet items in Aunties later. That was nice of them to comp breakfast for you on your check-in morning. I assume they also comped breakfast for your second room? A bit refreshing to hear some extra generosity, most of the reports following the switch to WoH seem to be of ever-increasing stinginess.

Thanks again for all the photos; extremely informative!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Maybe they'll add some Asian buffet items in Aunties later. That was nice of them to comp breakfast for you on your check-in morning. I assume they also comped breakfast for your second room? A bit refreshing to hear some extra generosity, most of the reports following the switch to WoH seem to be of ever-increasing stinginess.

Thanks again for all the photos; extremely informative!
Sorry for being unclear- they didn't comp the breakfast on check-in morning. I meant that I didn't ask how the Globalist breakfast benefit worked at Auntie's because I wasn't expecting to be able to use it on check-in day. They did, however, offer us a complimentary pandan cake after breakfast at Auntie's!

On the check-out morning, they did indeed comp the breakfast for both my room and the second room! I was pleasantly surprised for the same reason you mentioned

And you're welcome- I figured that I should share since I have the photos and they'll probably be helpful to others!

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
makavel - thanks for the wonderful review. very comprehensive and helpful. looks like you guys enjoyed your stay.
You're welcome! We certainly did enjoy the stay and hope to visit again soon.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Great review, thanks!

Looks like we may have a winner here.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Love all the detailed pictures in the review. They're fantastic.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Thank you makavel for this wonderful review. Based on your review, I decided to try one night in my trip to SG 2 weeks from now. I booked a King Deluxe room and wonder if I should spurge for a JR suite instead. What do you think?

Also how you find the sound-proofing standard and is water pressure good? Two pet peeves of mine.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Thank you makavel for this wonderful review. Based on your review, I decided to try one night in my trip to SG 2 weeks from now. I booked a King Deluxe room and wonder if I should spurge for a JR suite instead. What do you think?

Also how you find the sound-proofing standard and is water pressure good? Two pet peeves of mine.
I hope you'll enjoy the hotel! As for your room question, I assume that by JR suite, you mean the Studio Suite? While the Rooms information page for this hotel lists the category "Junior Suites", the actual reservation page doesn't seem to. However, the description of the "Junior Suites" says they're 76 sq m, which is exactly the same size as the Studio Suite on the reservation page, so I believe they're the same. If the price difference isn't too great (I'm seeing sub-USD$30 difference on dates that I'm checking), I'd say it's worth it for the additional space. We definitely enjoyed our Studio Suite!

Regarding sound-proofing: the hotel was very quiet because it was low-occupancy on the night that we stayed (it was the opening day), but we didn't hear any noise from our family member who was staying in the room right next door. Hopefully that says good things about the sound-proofing! We also didn't notice any street noise.

The water pressure wasn't bad, but I did feel like it could have been improved a bit in the shower.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:48 am

The junior suites comprise both the Studio Suite and the King Suite. For the difference between the 2, see post #140 . Both are exactly the same size. The King Suite is priced just slightly higher than the Studio Suite. A TSU books into the Studio Suite.

The rate difference between the King Room (38 m2) and either of the Junior Suites (76 m2) is pretty minimal considering the 2x difference in space, but whether even that difference is worth it for just one person is a subjective decision.
makavel likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat.
I just spent a night there, and sad to report that they didn't give upgrade a Globalist to an available suite. They did recognize me as a Globalist and make small talk about the best Andaz around the world. I didn't ask/press on the Suite upgrade benefit. I think I got the Deluxe View King (3230). Service is about average for an upscale hotel in Asia. The entrance to the hotel is confusing, with all the construction. Many drink/food items on the menu are not yet available. The rooftop bar (Mr. Stork) won't be opened until next month.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JustinMSP
I just spent a night there, and sad to report that they didn't give upgrade a Globalist to an available suite. They did recognize me as a Globalist and make small talk about the best Andaz around the world. I didn't ask/press on the Suite upgrade benefit. I think I got the Deluxe View King (3230). Service is about average for an upscale hotel in Asia. The entrance to the hotel is confusing, with all the construction. Many drink/food items on the menu are not yet available. The rooftop bar (Mr. Stork) won't be opened until next month.
They'll have a hard time taking the crown from Tokyo but it is a very nice Andaz. Strange not to give a suite just for a night but these are strange times with WOH.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JustinMSP
Originally Posted by Aventine
They'll have a hard time taking the crown from Tokyo but it is a very nice Andaz. Strange not to give a suite just for a night but these are strange times with WOH.
It is unfortunate that they didn't upgrade to an available suite for a one night stay. If I hadn't already used a TSU for my stay, I probably would have asked for a suite at check-in! Hopefully this is just a kink that they'll work out, but time will tell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.