Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London Do 2015 - October 8th-11th

Hyatt London Do 2015 - October 8th-11th

Old Feb 22, 15, 10:37 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Posts: 1,974
Hyatt London Do 2015 - October 8th-11th

It's now time to announce the fourth London Hyatt Do. Complete details are still being negotiated but as there may be people who want to use an expiring suite upgrade certificate, I wanted to post before the end of February. The event will run on a similar basis to the previous 3 years, so lots of fun, good conversation and freebies. American Express have generously agreed once again to sponsor the event and we will be raising money for HUSK Cambodia, as last year. Proposed itinerary is below, note that activities are subject to change.

We have been promised that the hotel will be open in time (should be opening next month) and booking is available through the hotel's website if using the group code. If you want to use a suite upgrade certificate, you will need to email the hotel.

Thursday 8th October
Arrive at leisure
19:00 Champagne reception sponsored by Hyatt London the Churchill

Friday 9th October
09:30 AMEX focus groups
12:00 Leave the Churchill for LCY (we will arrange group transfers this time for approx 15pp one-way including lunch)
13:30 Behind the scenes tour of London City Airport including the private jet terminal. Tour of BA all business A318 and a private jet planned at present too.
17:30 Backstage tour of the Andaz London Liverpool Street
18:30 Reception and dinner at the Andaz 60pp

Saturday 10th October
10:00 Molton Brown fragrant breakfast (including 50pp gift voucher) 20pp
14:30 Wine and dessert (chocolate and macaroon) tasting 35pp
19:00 Champagne reception, sponsored by American Express
19:45 Charity gala dinner, generously sponsored by American Express
Goody bags and prize draw

Sunday 11th October
Fond farewells or brunch

As with previous years, those who stay in the hotel for 2 nights will qualify for the prize draw. Previous highlights include stays in the Park Hyatt Maldives, Andaz Maui, Park Hyatt Siem Reap and Hyatt Regency Hua Hin. Previously, everyone who qualified for the prize draw received a prize (a stay). We plan for the same this year.

Goody bags will also be available as previous years with an estimated value of 100pp.

In addition to the above, the following points bonus promotion has been offered from the hotel:
stay 1 night earn 1000 bonus points
stay 2 nights earn 3000 bonus points
stay 3 nights earn 6000 bonus points
stay 4 nights earn 10,000 bonus points
(only nights on the group rate count towards the promotion. HGP will not know about this rate as it is offered by the hotel only for the event)

Booking code (use in the group code section on Hyatt's website) is G-FLYT. Rate is 276/295 per night single/double occupancy for a View room including VAT and full breakfast in the Montagu.

If you wish to stay at the Andaz on Friday night, the rate is 199 including VAT but excluding breakfast (obviously, this is included for diamond members). To book, use group code G-DFV4 online.

Please register online here

Last edited by price123; May 26, 15 at 11:49 am
price123 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 12:55 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SJO/MGA
Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Posts: 359
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
Thursday 8th October
Arrive at leisure
19:00 Champagne reception sponsored by Hyatt London the Churchill

Friday 9th October
09:30 AMEX focus groups
12:00 Leave the Churchill for LCY (we will arrange group transfers this time for approx 15pp one-way including lunch)
13:30 Behind the scenes tour of London City Airport including the private jet terminal. Tour of BA all business A318 and a private jet planned at present too.
17:30 Backstage tour of the Andaz London Liverpool Street
18:30 Reception and dinner at the Andaz 60pp (TBC)

Saturday 25th October
10:00 Tutored tea tasting at the East India Company 20pp
An afternoon activity TBC - let me know if any ideas
19:00 Champagne reception, sponsored by American Express
19:45 Charity gala dinner, generously sponsored by American Express
Goody bags and prize draw

Sunday 26th October
Fond farewells or brunch
First, methinks the dates above may need an edit?

Second, since I no longer have to even visit the jungle -- I'm IN!

Third, the wonderous Hyatt website is showing the hotel as completely SOLD OUT for those dates. Should I email directly for the rezzie as I absolutely do want to use an expiring DSU.

Last, REALLY looking forward to this event. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance (other than actually showing up this year)...
24.05.2004 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 1:04 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Posts: 1,974
Originally Posted by 24.05.2004 View Post
First, methinks the dates above may need an edit?

Second, since I no longer have to even visit the jungle -- I'm IN!

Third, the wonderous Hyatt website is showing the hotel as completely SOLD OUT for those dates. Should I email directly for the rezzie as I absolutely do want to use an expiring DSU.

Last, REALLY looking forward to this event. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance (other than actually showing up this year)...
Thanks - now edited

If you want to use DSU best to email, although you my want to make the initial res online to not have to faff with sending c/c info. If you use the group code in the last special rates box - corporate/group code, you are able to book. Reservations were opened for us
price123 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 1:50 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SJO/MGA
Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Posts: 359
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
Thanks - now edited

If you want to use DSU best to email, although you my want to make the initial res online to not have to faff with sending c/c info. If you use the group code in the last special rates box - corporate/group code, you are able to book. Reservations were opened for us
Nope -- with or without the group code, signed in or not signed in:

24.05.2004 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 2:06 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Posts: 1,974
Originally Posted by 24.05.2004 View Post
Nope
I think that must be the 4th night then. I will contact hotel tomorrow and check that they opened up the shoulder nights (usually 2 each side) - bit silly having 10K points for 4 nights if you can't book

There's always a few teething problems at first, so sorry that you were first to find this one out.
price123 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 4:24 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SJO/MGA
Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Posts: 359
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
There's always a few teething problems at first, so sorry that you were first to find this one out.
No worries -- glad to be the guinea pig! Made the rezzie for the 3 nights and email is sent for the DSU, hoping for the 9th floor balcony.

And even tho we are months away, I'm go for any Sunday brunch opportunities.
24.05.2004 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 6:56 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Posts: 979
I was able to book a 3-night stay earlier today!

Originally Posted by 24.05.2004 View Post
Nope -- with or without the group code, signed in or not signed in:

sensei is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 10:25 am
  #8  
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,390
I tried booking today and the hotel is sold out.
Pat89339 is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 10:30 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: san jose,calif
Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Posts: 679
Count me in!
retirementdreams is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 11:14 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SJO/MGA
Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Posts: 359
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I tried booking today and the hotel is sold out.
As price123 stated above, the Hyatt website will allow for 3 night bookings but as of this moment, not the "shoulder" days before/after the DO

Awoke to an email from the Churchill this morning with the additional night confirmed (08-12 October) as well as confirming use of my DSU. .
24.05.2004 is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 12:33 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 30 minutes south of EWR
Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Gold; Marriott Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist; SPG Platinum
Posts: 7,807
Count me in. Hotel booked and suite reservation confirmed via email.

Jenny - count me in for all activities, as well as the AMEX focus groups.
Brituchenite is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:56 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 30 minutes south of EWR
Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Gold; Marriott Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist; SPG Platinum
Posts: 7,807
Originally Posted by Pat89339 View Post
I tried booking today and the hotel is sold out.
Pat - I kept having the same problem, but then it suddenly just accepted my booking! Keep trying!
Brituchenite is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 8:08 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: So Fla & NYC
Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 23,613
We are hoping to get to this one but even by trying the method set forth by Brit, I have not succeeded in seeing availability at the Churchill.
monitor is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 9:06 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: EWR
Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Posts: 16,476
Originally Posted by monitor View Post
We are hoping to get to this one but even by trying the method set forth by Brit, I have not succeeded in seeing availability at the Churchill.
I just made a reservation. The trick is to only select The Churchill & put the group code in.
mnmag is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 9:59 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: So Fla & NYC
Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 23,613
Reservation made for the three nights and tomorrow will e-mail to try to get the fourth night and possibly think of using a DSU.

But on second thought, since Brit already has a suite, perhaps we just schedule all the partays in her place so that the rest of us don't need to waste our DSUs.

Request that price123 pencil us in as likely but, as in the past it has been doing for her events, if business rears its ugly head,....
monitor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: