Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

20% point rebate for Hyatt CC holders (register by 3/31 - stay by 7/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
Terms & conditions:
The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing as of 1/31/2015 who receive this promotion from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 2/17/2015 and 3/31/2015. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Only points redeemed between 2/17/2015 and 7/31/2015 will be eligible for this promotion. If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 7/31/2015. You will receive 20% back on the Hyatt Gold Passport points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades and dining and spa activities. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion. Please allow 4-6 weeks after your points redemption has been completed for your bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points to be loaded into your account.

This is not a targeted offer. PM Hyatt concierge or call customer service (or wait for an email) to be manually enrolled if the link does not work for you.
Print Wikipost

20% point rebate for Hyatt CC holders (register by 3/31 - stay by 7/31)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by synd
.... once again only for usa based folks...
come on... y'all got your Chinese New Year bonus...
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Boy oh boy, did not see this one coming. Kudos Hyatt, nice to see that our loyalty goes both ways. Already have significant bookings in this time frame, will add some more.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Yes, even if the reservation is in your name.... if there's a Diamond staying on the reservation you should get the Diamond benefits.
Do you think there will be any issues if I transfer these back to me? The process to transfer the reservations to her account was quite lengthy, they actually credited the points back to me, sent them to her, then spent them again...on each reservation. At least I think that's how it worked, it definitely took a while.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:46 pm

Ugh, wish I had looked here earlier, just spent the morning rebooking all my upcoming points, P+C and CC award stays so that I get the most points back. Ugh.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Restaurant and spa redemption?

The Wiki has answered my question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by JackE; Feb 17, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Well.. guess I'll be going back to the PH Vendome.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Hyatt Credit Cardmembers,

A new Hyatt Credit Cardmember promotion is right around the corner and we want you to redeem the Hyatt Gold Passport points you’ve worked hard to earn! Cardmembers who redeem points between February 17, 2015 – July 31, 2015 will receive 20% of their redeemed Hyatt Gold Passport points back. Take advantage of this promotion to redeem for free stays at one of our luxurious properties or to upgrade your stay to a suite. Remember, the points you redeem for free nights, points plus cash reservations, suite upgrades, and dining and spa activities are all valid for this promotion so don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity!

Cardmembers must register at http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...CC20PBACK.html for this promotion before March 31, 2015 in order to receive the bonus points. You must be a Hyatt Credit Cardmember as of 1/31/2105 in order to participate in this promotion. Please note that points will be deposited into your account 4-6 weeks after you redeem them.

The Hyatt Gold Passport team

The terms & conditions above state,"Cardmembers who redeem points between February 17, 2015 – July 31, 2015 ... "

Does this mean the date the stay occurs or the date the points are deducted from ones account?

The Twitter @HyattConcierge social media folks have replied to several individuals today who asked for clarification. They are saying that an exisiting point stay reservation does not have to be rebooked as long as the date of the stay is within the promotion window.

Is that accurate?

I registered for the promotion. I have a Paris reservation that was booked in January (and the points were deducted), for a stay that will occur in June. Will that be a qualifying stay for the promotion or do I have to rebook?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

When your stay is posted, the points will also be recoded to that date.... So that's how this can work without rebooking.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
But of course despite having the credit card for years now, I am not eligible for the promotion.

Just another nail in the coffin of the credit card. In all likelihood I'll droop it this year as it really has no value now.

I was told not eligible when I tried to registered. Contacted Hyatt Concierge here and they registered me. Hyatt Concierge created a thread here to announce the promo without indication that it was targeted.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
I was able to register. If I already have a points stay booked, I'm okay correct? I don't have to book the stay after February 17, 2015? I just have to complete the stay by July 31, 2015 is how I read it. Also, is there a cap on the amount of points I can receive back? I didn't see anything mentioning that. Thanks.
I rebooked all my point stays to be safe.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
OV Club Room for almost the same price as a Standard? E hele mai ana au, Hyatt Kauai!

And now, a public service announcement -

First the Euro weakens v the Dollar, then this? Hope Hyatt remembers to throw a bone to our European members.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Of course, I have a P+C stay booked for the night of 7/31 checking out 8/1. Any guesses as to whether this stay will qualify?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Of course, I have a P+C stay booked for the night of 7/31 checking out 8/1. Any guesses as to whether this stay will qualify?
No need to guess, its stated in the T&C's:

STEP 1: Register for this promotion by entering your information to the right before March 31, 2015.

STEP 2: Book a stay with points and complete your stay before July 31, 2015. Keep in mind, free nights start with just 5,000 points at any Category 1 property.2

STEP 3: Get 20% of your points back. Your points will be deposited directly into your Hyatt Gold Passport account 4-6 weeks after your completed stay.

Also an additional footnote:
If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 7/31/2015.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have the credit card but was ineligible to register.
Same here.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
T&C: If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 7/31/2015

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.