Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric (Lifestyle Brand) Launching this Year [First 2 properties announced]

Hyatt Centric (Lifestyle Brand) Launching this Year [First 2 properties announced]

Old Jan 26, 15, 2:20 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC

Very interesting. From today's WSJ:

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/20.../?mod=yahoo_hs

"Hyatt has the most ambitious plan of the new entrants. The Chicago-based company this summer plans to open 20 lifestyle hotels in places like New York, Miami, San Francisco and Paris, according to people familiar with the company’s strategy."

If true, I'd have to imagine, based on the aggressive initial pipeline, that this would be a new flag of select service properties, similar to aloft, AC, Moxy and Canopy.
Old Jan 26, 15, 4:21 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... similar to Andaz.
Old Jan 26, 15, 6:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
... similar to Andaz.
I agree it's Andaz type properties - already have Paris (Hotel du Louvre) and NYC covered and the south beach property opening in Miami. San Francisco mystifies me though unless it's a purchase of a Kimpton from IHG.
Old Jan 26, 15, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
Hyatt Centric

http://www.hyattcentric.com

The closest one for me will be in Houston. I'll be sure to visit it for a couple nights after opening day. I'm excited to see how these hotels will turn out!
Old Jan 26, 15, 10:45 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Looks like Andaz with a little W flavour.
Old Jan 26, 15, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Are they changing the Andaz name? This seems way to similar to Andaz. I'm guessing some existing Hyatts will get this trendy remodel. Or will it be new properties.

Very interesting.
Old Jan 26, 15, 11:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
I agree it's Andaz type properties - already have Paris (Hotel du Louvre) and NYC covered and the south beach property opening in Miami. San Francisco mystifies me though unless it's a purchase of a Kimpton from IHG.
I could potentially see the GH SF being rebranded somehow. A concierge, during an invite-only art tour, explained to me that they serve as a concept hotel where various new Hyatt ideas are tested. The large art investment into local artists being one example. So maybe, maybe.
Old Jan 26, 15, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I love it that we all like to speculate rather than wait a few months to see...I'm game.

If there are new hotels, I imagine we would know about it. I go to Chicago all the time and the closest to "new" is Hyatt Mag Mile.

Do you think it's something altogether different, like the Hyatt Concierge that they have been piloting that is available at the hotels they select in these cities?
Old Jan 27, 15, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Would Hyatt Centric be picking up pieces from Chatwal's Dream Hotels or from somewhere else?

Andaz with a W flavor seems a bit too late in the game, unless they have some nightlife buzz partner in mind.
Old Jan 27, 15, 6:32 am
dw
Original Poster

Anyone else notice that some of the photos on the web site come from existing properties? Based on the photos and the location list, it looks like some existing Hyatts may simply be reflagged:

Atlanta: Hyatt Midtown
Long Beach: Hyatt the Pike
Chicago: Hyatt Magnificent Mile or the new Loop Hyatt?
New York: Hyatt Times Square or Union Square?

I'll note that most if not all of these don't have club lounges.
Old Jan 27, 15, 6:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In most properties, lounges can be created or eliminated fairly easily. They can deliver food from the restaurant kitchen almost room service style and set up some temporary small refrigerators for cold beverages. It's not ideal, versus having an adjacent small catering kitchen with dishwashers, but it can be done. Some hotels even relocate lounges temporarily when remodeling is being done versus closing the lounge for the duration.
Old Jan 27, 15, 6:49 am
dw
Original Poster

A few others:

Miami- Hyatt South Beach
Paris- Hyatt Madeline
Key West- Hyatt Key West
Santa Barbara- Hyatt Santa Barbara
Houston- Hyatt the Woodlands?

It looks like Hyatt is simply taking some if the newer or recently renovated "Hyatts" (ie not Grand or Regency) and reflagging them.
Old Jan 27, 15, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
In most properties, lounges can be created or eliminated fairly easily. They can deliver food from the restaurant kitchen almost room service style and set up some temporary small refrigerators for cold beverages. It's not ideal, versus having an adjacent small catering kitchen with dishwashers, but it can be done. Some hotels even relocate lounges temporarily when remodeling is being done versus closing the lounge for the duration.
I would be surprised if catered lounges for upgraded room type or as an elite benefit are going to come with this Hyatt brand. These "lifestyle" "fashionable" "buzz" brand properties in OECD countries tend to lack such lounges. What percentage of Andaz properties have such a lounge?

I thought that Andaz was originally meant to fit into this edgy niche. It seems to have become a more upscale version of IHG's Indigo, a brand with potentially limited future that is eclipsed by another brand/property series acquired to be in its fold.
Old Jan 27, 15, 8:24 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
I'm guessing the Park City one is Hyatt Escala Lodge though I am hoping beyond expectation that they will actually pick up another location in Park City itself
Old Jan 27, 15, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Would Hyatt Centric be picking up pieces from Chatwal's Dream Hotels or from somewhere else?

Andaz with a W flavor seems a bit too late in the game, unless they have some nightlife buzz partner in mind.
It is mostly just rebranding of existing Hyatt properties, according to boardingarea.com bloggers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: