Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mnredfox
While each to their own, I think not maintaining (unless you tried and didn't make it) status after doing a challenge is silly. If you're only allowed 1 trial in your lifetime, why waste it for a few stays at Diamond?

I did the challenge match, made Diamond, and have been diamond since. Couldn't be happier and I'm sure Hyatt is happy to have my business.
keep in mind that some people see it as: per lifetime, per account
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
I've been enrolled through a hotel.

"We would be more than happy to work with you in regards to your future stays and Hyatt Gold Passport elite membership. We currently are rolling out the 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer which, for existing Platinum members, can excel their membership to Diamond status by completing 12 nights in 60 days."

"I just turned in your information to be enrolled in our elite program. They are telling me it could be up to 7-10 business days before youre enrolled completely and that your stays will not count towards the program until then."

They knew exactly what I was talking about when I emailed in, pretty painless
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:23 am

"They are telling me it could be up to 7-10 business days before youre enrolled completely and that your stays will not count towards the program until then"

The 7-10 business day window is interesting. Is there a way to target the start date of the challenge?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by sfmom
"They are telling me it could be up to 7-10 business days before youre enrolled completely and that your stays will not count towards the program until then"

The 7-10 business day window is interesting. Is there a way to target the start date of the challenge?
Those are quotes from the hotel sales team, so I'm not sure.

I'm assuming that's just a processing time in general and not something that can be used to target a date. Who knows though
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
I had to call HGP today because I didn't get my 1000 point bonus for my 4th stay. Needless to say it shows on their system that I did get it but it hasn't shown up on my account. When I mentioned I was enrolled she said it was called the "Elite 15", and for those of you wondering why '15' like I was. It's because of the year 2015. It's the same thing as 'quick qualifying elite offer'. You need to be referred by a hotel sales team, but just so you guys know that there is yet another name for it.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sfmom

It took less than 24 hours for me, but I got the same 7-10 day quote.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by nmoe
It took less than 24 hours for me, but I got the same 7-10 day quote.
Did you get an email?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
What a mess. They really should have thought this one through better.

I suspect the confusion around this will continue for quite some time yet.
+1

Wish they had this sorted out before I started the SPG Plat Challenge..
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
I got the offer too (I asked Grand Hyatt Singapore, but Hyatt in India was replying me)
At the beginning, they told me I will get a trial Platinum in 60 days, if I can do 6 nights then I will be Platinum until Feb 2016, 12 nights will be Diamond. I told him I'm already a Platinum member (valid thru Feb 2016), I asked if I can have 60 days trial Diamond instead, they keep repeating the same thing, I'm not willing to send them email anymore. Can someone tell me if this is possible?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by fakeman
I got the offer too (I asked Grand Hyatt Singapore, but Hyatt in India was replying me)
At the beginning, they told me I will get a trial Platinum in 60 days, if I can do 6 nights then I will be Platinum until Feb 2016, 12 nights will be Diamond. I told him I'm already a Platinum member (valid thru Feb 2016), I asked if I can have 60 days trial Diamond instead, they keep repeating the same thing, I'm not willing to send them email anymore. Can someone tell me if this is possible?
They will not let you trial the diamond status during those 60 days.They are just offering a quick way to get diamond status. You have to do the 12 nights in 60 days in order to get it.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
I was able to get enrolled! I contacted a hotel where I had a recent stay and have another stay coming up, and I explained the trial to someone in the Sales Office. They were not familiar with the program, so I actually had to reach out to the Gold Passport Concierge for assistance - the Concierge contacted the hotel and let them know what they needed to know about the program (thank you!!) and a day later I was enrolled (the person who was helping me at the hotel let me know my enrollment was complete). I confirmed my enrollment by calling and asking the CSR to check the HGP Tools screen. When the CSR was logged in, they could see under “Member Enrollment” that I was enrolled in “ELT15."

Last edited by AtlantaAngel; Jan 25, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jona970318
keep in mind that some people see it as: per lifetime, per account
LOL
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I was also able to enroll my mother into the 'Elite 15' program. She emailed a hotel where she had an upcoming stay. The sales representing initially asked for the referral of a colleague and said that she will be able to enroll them both once her colleague completes the stay at their hotel. The sales representative eventually gave in and just enrolled my mom into the program.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:14 am

Hi,

I also got the confirmation today from the Sales agent of my hotel that I am enrolled since last week. However, she told me that I need to stay the 12 nights in their Hyatt property. Nights at other Hyatts will not count. Is that really true?

Have about 15 nights booked already for the next 2 months, but split between two properties.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:58 am

Any Hyatt hotel. The Sales agent is misinformed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.