Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mster
The offer is real ^

"You are now enrolled in the the 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer. To maintain Platinum status you must stay 6 nights in 60 days which then you will automatically be registered for Quick Qualify to Diamond. To achieve Diamond thru Febr 2016, you must complete 12 nights in those 60 days. Your 60 days does begin today, XXXX."

Hopefully knowing the specific name of this offer helps someone else out.
Glad to know someone else was able to get it. How were you able to receive confirmation of enrollment? When I asked they said it was only verbal confirmation. I was able to prove I was enrolled when I recieved the 1000 point bonus for my first three nights so far.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The offer is real ^

"You are now enrolled in the the 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer."
I wonder if this is the same thing that they've had for a very long time.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Another datapoint:
Called three more times using the phrase: "2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer". The first agent seemed fairly helpful and placed me on hold to check on the detail. Unfortunately the call dropped.

The second & third agent, after checking, mentioned a slightly different name for the promotion and claimed that they were the same. They basically said the same "you have to be existing plat to qualify"
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
Another datapoint:
Called three more times using the phrase: "2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer". The first agent seemed fairly helpful and placed me on hold to check on the detail. Unfortunately the call dropped.

The second & third agent, after checking, mentioned a slightly different name for the promotion and claimed that they were the same. They basically said the same "you have to be existing plat to qualify"

I'm confused why you continue to ask for something to which you're not entitled.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
I'm confused why you continue to ask for something to which you're not entitled.
Well, you are indeed confusing me asking for something(which may or may not exsist) with me asking for something else that I'm not entitled to(which I did not ask for)
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:48 am

The offer is real ^

"You are now enrolled in the the 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer. To maintain Platinum status you must stay 6 nights in 60 days which then you will automatically be registered for Quick Qualify to Diamond. To achieve Diamond thru Febr 2016, you must complete 12 nights in those 60 days. Your 60 days does begin today, XXXX."

Hopefully knowing the specific name of this offer helps someone else out.
i'll never understand why people make posts with no value like this. if you're going to share info.... share info! the GP FT rep already posted it exists- ergo, this isn't news. if you're going to post information, why leave out any and all details to render it the equivalent of a BA blogger's click bait headline tease?!? smh

how about... tell us how you got it. your hyatt stay history. status before trial. called a hotel, talked to GM where you're staying, hyatt GP rep, or....?

Last edited by uncommonsensical; Jan 19, 2015 at 4:25 am Reason: oops
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
FYI, I just emailed the hotel I had an upcoming stay at and asked if they would enroll me. They sent me the form, I filled it out and sent it to HGP. Pretty easy, but no major benefits for someone that is already Platinum until I get to the 12 stays. I will just get the 1K bonus on each of the first 6 stays.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by nmoe
FYI, I just emailed the hotel I had an upcoming stay at and asked if they would enroll me. They sent me the form, I filled it out and sent it to HGP. Pretty easy, but no major benefits for someone that is already Platinum until I get to the 12 stays. I will just get the 1K bonus on each of the first 6 stays.
Would you say that if my stays are not until March/April I should wait....or email the hotel that Im staying in March/April now to get form, and then hold until these stays fit in the 60 day window?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by elg26
Would you say that if my stays are not until March/April I should wait....or email the hotel that Im staying in March/April now to get form, and then hold until these stays fit in the 60 day window?
I think either works. The trial says you must sign up by 5/31, so it looks like it is only for the first half of the year. Some places might handle it differently too. It might help to wait another few weeks until more places understand the program as well.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:46 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

I am sorry for the confusion, this form is for hotel use only. Our associates will not be able to process forms received from the members, as we may only use those forms submitted by a hotel directly
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
I am sorry for the confusion, this form is for hotel use only. Our associates will not be able to process forms received from the members, as we may only use those forms submitted by a hotel directly
That is interesting. The form I got states at the top: "Please return the completed form to your Hyatt sales representative or submit to
Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at [email protected] to begin enjoying the benefits of elite membership."
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:44 pm

What a mess. They really should have thought this one through better.

I suspect the confusion around this will continue for quite some time yet.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
So from this article:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....allenge-offer/
  1. They eliminated the tier matching, and the status challenge that gave immediate temporary diamond status, because only a small percentage of people went on to maintain the status.
  2. Hyatt doesn’t currently have a way to offer their top tier without also giving out confirmed suite upgrades
  3. The new offer, at this point, really is meant to be limited and a sales tool.
#1 Explains why they have stopped offering the challenge, and #2 explains why they cannot offer a more limited version.

But, if the vast majority of people were just using the challenge to leech temporary Diamond benefits, then a fast track offer that does not provide those benefits up front would not be of interest to the leechers. So why would the new offer need to be limited?
While each to their own, I think not maintaining (unless you tried and didn't make it) status after doing a challenge is silly. If you're only allowed 1 trial in your lifetime, why waste it for a few stays at Diamond?

I did the challenge match, made Diamond, and have been diamond since. Couldn't be happier and I'm sure Hyatt is happy to have my business.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by factory81
@Gold Passport Concierge,

I have the opportunity to stay 29-34 days at Hyatt over the next 45 days, but I am hesitant to book stays at Hyatt unless I can confirm I will be offered this promotion. Can I proactively call a hotel and ask them to refer me, so that way my stays at the hotel "really count"?

I am afraid that Hyatt just doesn't have enough coverage to always fill my hotel needs. E.G. East Pittsburgh, I have to spend 7 weeks @ a IHG hotel, because no SPG/Hyatt brand exists over there. And I am always afraid of starting to try and acquire diamond status, just because, what if my employer sends me to one of the many spots Hyatt has no hotels to pick from? And I end up with 43....47 nights or something? Would really bum me out.
East Pittsburgh? Literally, as in "borough of"? Do people stay there and survive? Or do you more generally mean the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mpc7488
This is really confusing. I have a lot of stays in China and would really like to try Hyatt this year, but not if I have to start over again with status. If this will eventually become a real offer, I hope they make it a simple web registration, and if not real, they will lose customers that will only consider switching with a status match.
If you're only Gold with SPG and Hilton, it's not realistic to expect a generous status match/challenge, i.e., to Hyatt Diamond. The equivalent Hyatt level, Platinum, doesn't carry a lot of benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.