Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:47 pm
tsz

Just to add a data point, called in today and asked about the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial.

The agent said "oh I think I have seen that somewhere in an email since so many people are asking about it...let me pull it up..." and put me on hold. Another agent (Cheryl) comes back and told me that it's the Elite Tier offer (I really don't think they're the same thing) with the 40 nights/50K base points/referral by hotel required spiel and sent me on my way. I kept reiterating it's the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial I'm calling about and she kept repeating that they're the same thing.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
Although I'm delaying signing up until next week I was told on the phone that I'm eligible and I've spent a grand total of two lifetime nights at a Hyatt...
Called today to sign up and the agent told me the same thing as others have been getting (targeted, through a hotel, etc.) I mentioned that I told I was eligible along with the previous agent's name and she checked with a supervisor. No dice.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, CX Silver, Global Entry
This is really confusing. I have a lot of stays in China and would really like to try Hyatt this year, but not if I have to start over again with status. If this will eventually become a real offer, I hope they make it a simple web registration, and if not real, they will lose customers that will only consider switching with a status match.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:07 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

The only offer, the Elite Tier Trial, requires a referral from a hotel in order for a member to participate. Gold Passport Customer Service associates are not able to process any enrollments without hotel referral.

Thank you!

Sarah
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:51 pm

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial is Here!! (1/15) - MASTER THREAD - Invite only

Hi Sarah,
When I contacted the sales office of the hotel where I'd have been staying the most and inquired they had no clue what I was referring to.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Can we unlock the old thread now? This has nothing to do with that.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
I can confirm that I did get the opportunity to register for this as I got the 1000 point bonus for two nights that I've stayed so far.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
Hi Sarah,
When I contacted the sales office of the hotel where I'd have been staying the most and inquired they had no clue what I was referring to.
Hi djibouti,

If you can let me know which hotel, we will follow up.

Thanks,

Sarah
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why should we... it's clear there is no (generic) trial at this time.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:37 pm

@Gold Passport Concierge,

I have the opportunity to stay 29-34 days at Hyatt over the next 45 days, but I am hesitant to book stays at Hyatt unless I can confirm I will be offered this promotion. Can I proactively call a hotel and ask them to refer me, so that way my stays at the hotel "really count"?

I am afraid that Hyatt just doesn't have enough coverage to always fill my hotel needs. E.G. East Pittsburgh, I have to spend 7 weeks @ a IHG hotel, because no SPG/Hyatt brand exists over there. And I am always afraid of starting to try and acquire diamond status, just because, what if my employer sends me to one of the many spots Hyatt has no hotels to pick from? And I end up with 43....47 nights or something? Would really bum me out.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

The only offer, the Elite Tier Trial, requires a referral from a hotel in order for a member to participate. Gold Passport Customer Service associates are not able to process any enrollments without hotel referral.

Thank you!

Sarah

Are there any guidelines/requirements for the hotel before they can refer you? In other words, does it have to be a hotel we "frequent?" Or can we explain to a hotel we are staying at for the first time why we want to participate in the Elite Tier Trial and ask for a referral? I have been a Hilton Diamond for years and would like to switch to Hyatt as my main program. I'm actually staying at a Hyatt Place now but have never stayed here before so didn't know if I could ask this hotel for a referral.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:59 am

Concierge:

What is the process/guidelines/requirements for being referred by a hotel? Do I just ask them to add the promotion to my account? Do I need any status documentation?

I've talked to HGP on the phone and gotten various answers: all confirmed the Hyatt Elite Trial as an option that a hotel needed to set up, but were sketchy on the details of the requirements.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:08 am

Dear Flyertalkers / Hyatt Concierge

Can anyone confirm if points + cash count towards the 12 nights?

Many thanks + happy travels.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:31 am

Good Afternoon raden,

Yes, P+C is considered an eligible night.

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jtc331
Concierge:

What is the process/guidelines/requirements for being referred by a hotel? Do I just ask them to add the promotion to my account? Do I need any status documentation?

I've talked to HGP on the phone and gotten various answers: all confirmed the Hyatt Elite Trial as an option that a hotel needed to set up, but were sketchy on the details of the requirements.
HYATT CONCIERGE:

Can you please answer this question (which I also asked earlier today). It's unclear HOW to get a hotel to sign us up for this. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.