Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 10, 15, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
Any updates for this property? We have a stay in two weeks and was wondering if the early issues have been ironed out.

Also does anyone have an email address for the property and/or GM? This stay will be for my wife's B-day and I wanted to make a special request.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 15, 11:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Only what my AmEx Plat offers me
The reviews seem to be more consistently positive now with very few complaints. ( via TripAdvisor)

GM email:

[email protected]
Old Mar 10, 15, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
We will be arriving at this resort on Thursday. I agree with david above, the recent tripadvisor reviews seem to indicate the opening headaches have all but disappeared.
Old Mar 10, 15, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
Thanks for the email address!

Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
The reviews seem to be more consistently positive now with very few complaints. ( via TripAdvisor)

GM email:

[email protected]
Old Mar 12, 15, 11:35 am

Current 60% off rate for this property... Booked for two people 20-22MAY at rate of $232 per night...
Old Mar 12, 15, 11:54 pm

Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold
Just Back from Second Visit

I would agree things are better - they were good in January but are running better now. Pools are warm, all restaurants open - although the sports bar could open before 6PM on weekends when sports are actually on the TVs.

We were recognized by a number of the staff as return guests.

Not overly busy and I really enjoy the location away from all the action of PV. Heard some grumbling about the regular tower - we were in Club building and it was nice. Also heard there is a day visit pass - I believe it was about $70 excluding dinner but otherwise same AI offered to registered guests.

Will go again. Thanks Hyatt
Old Mar 13, 15, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by bsktpdlr View Post
I would agree things are better - they were good in January but are running better now. Pools are warm, all restaurants open - although the sports bar could open before 6PM on weekends when sports are actually on the TVs.

We were recognized by a number of the staff as return guests.

Not overly busy and I really enjoy the location away from all the action of PV. Heard some grumbling about the regular tower - we were in Club building and it was nice. Also heard there is a day visit pass - I believe it was about $70 excluding dinner but otherwise same AI offered to registered guests.

Will go again. Thanks Hyatt
What room type did you have in the club tower? Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 15, 9:00 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
I've been looking at this Hotel for a weekend getaway and am still a bit confused.
Why is it considered an all Suite Hotel that doesn't upgrade Diamonds to a Club Room if avail at checkin? People it seems are actually using DSU for a Club Room upgrade? Seems kinda ridiculous!
On the Hotel's Web site it DOESN'T say it's an all Suite Hotel anywhere I can see? In fact, it lists multiple room types including an upgraded "Junior" Suite and a Bi Level Pool Suites.
A Garden Room with a patio is considered an upgraded room versus a standard Ocean View non balcony room based on cost?
What exactly can I expect as Diamond here if I'm not getting a Club Room Upgrade and considering it's already an all inclusive with breakfast included for all...just my Checkin amenity?
The pictures online certainly don't portray the regular rooms as suites. So there is a couch beside the bed, that doesn't mean it's a Suite.
Old Mar 13, 15, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bigshaker View Post
I've been looking at this Hotel for a weekend getaway and am still a bit confused.
Why is it considered an all Suite Hotel that doesn't upgrade Diamonds to a Club Room if avail at checkin? People it seems are actually using DSU for a Club Room upgrade? Seems kinda ridiculous!
On the Hotel's Web site it DOESN'T say it's an all Suite Hotel anywhere I can see? In fact, it lists multiple room types including an upgraded "Junior" Suite and a Bi Level Pool Suites.
A Garden Room with a patio is considered an upgraded room versus a standard Ocean View non balcony room based on cost?
What exactly can I expect as Diamond here if I'm not getting a Club Room Upgrade and considering it's already an all inclusive with breakfast included for all...just my Checkin amenity?
The pictures online certainly don't portray the regular rooms as suites. So there is a couch beside the bed, that doesn't mean it's a Suite.
Your right the couch may make it a suite in their eyes. The rooms a large(r) than most...maybe that makes them a suite.

Also...I don't think this property has any garden rooms. From my memory
(we are talking 10 or more years ago when it was Dreams) every room faces the ocean. ( Unless they are talking about 1st floor rooms....but they still face the water)
Old Mar 15, 15, 1:47 pm

Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
What room type did you have in the club tower? Thanks.
Plunge pool. The living room, pool and 1/2 bath are on the entrance level. Narrow switchback stairs to upper level with bedroom, full bath and another balcony. There are more stairs than expected because the living room ceiling is quite high. This is the top level of the building and the birds like sitting on the open deck cover so the chairs are soiled regularly.

We would consider another room type as the pool is nearly useless. This time, it was a hot tub. First time it was uncomfortably cool. We walked past the other building coming back from the Asian restaurant and it was a motel style - doors opening to the parking lot. All of Ziva PV is pretty good but I would probably pay for the club building. We have now been to all of the open Hyatt AI properties and have no qualms about going back to PV.

Enjoy
Old Mar 16, 15, 4:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM
I am considering booking a suite on points. Has anyone done that? What kind of suite did you receive?
Old Mar 16, 15, 8:25 pm

Just got back from a four night stay. Booked a jr king suite - stayed in the club tower 'suite'. We had a great time and thought the resort was beautiful. If you have questions, please ask, I will do my best to answer.
Old Mar 16, 15, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Plunge Pool Suite

Just returned from an amazing weekend @ Hyatt Ziva PV. The quality and value was excellent. The service though was very inconsistent (ie. mixed drinks, serving all items order, etc). I'd give it a 3 out of 5 on service but they seem to be improving. Ruben at the bar near the Club Tower was the best!

We stayed in a Plunge Pool Suite on the Penthouse floor of the Club Tower and had amazing views each day. The plunge pool wasn't really worth it but the 2 level suite made it nice for 3 adults. Don't use the pull out sofa as the mattress is super thin. Just request a rollaway which is a full size mattress and super comfy.

The best restaurant by far was Blaze! Try the ocean kayaks in the morning and they even have free tours each day @ 10AM. The Mexican Fiesta on the beach on Friday night was nice.

In all, it's an amazing resort with the best private beach in PV and they have a ton of potential. I look forward to a future stay when they have their service levels improved.
Old Mar 19, 15, 5:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Thinking of going there with wife and 1 year old for July 4 weekend. Is there choice for vegetarians in the restaurants on-site? TIA.
Old Mar 19, 15, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN View Post
Just returned from an amazing weekend @ Hyatt Ziva PV. The quality and value was excellent. The service though was very inconsistent (ie. mixed drinks, serving all items order, etc). I'd give it a 3 out of 5 on service but they seem to be improving. Ruben at the bar near the Club Tower was the best!

We stayed in a Plunge Pool Suite on the Penthouse floor of the Club Tower and had amazing views each day. The plunge pool wasn't really worth it but the 2 level suite made it nice for 3 adults. Don't use the pull out sofa as the mattress is super thin. Just request a rollaway which is a full size mattress and super comfy.

The best restaurant by far was Blaze! Try the ocean kayaks in the morning and they even have free tours each day @ 10AM. The Mexican Fiesta on the beach on Friday night was nice.

In all, it's an amazing resort with the best private beach in PV and they have a ton of potential. I look forward to a future stay when they have their service levels improved.
May have seen you at the fiesta - how about that view

Search this Thread
Search Engine: