Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:45 pm

Can anyone comment on what one can expect as a Diamond at this property?
Also, what types of activities are available just outside the property?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:44 pm

Diamond... mainly the 1K point diamond amenity, we had bottle of wine and candies also in room
Use of lounge in club tower -- hopefully you will have room in that tower -- much better IMHO
taxi to town costs $5 each way... nice to go off and explore -- possibly have dinner etc
have breakfast at Blaze Grill --say hi to Abraham (waiter) the best... can order things slightly off menue (ie had specific berries and fruit plate, etc) After first day we never had to order, he knew our preferences.. and kept things coming
Say HI to J.J (juan) and Rodrigo at bellstand -- both THE BEST
PM me if you have specific questions.
Kids did the outdoor adventure off property that picked up at 7:30 and had a BLAST.
ENJOY
Carolyn
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:18 pm

Currently here now

Presently staying in a plunge pool suite in the Club Tower. The property looks like it's 90%+ complete. I think the gym/spa still needs work, but all of the other main areas are in great shape.

Rooms in the Club Tower have not been renovated, but still look and feel great. Club lounge is brand new and nicely equipped. Of course, not a lot of added value here besides a few upgraded alcohols.

Staff are super friendly and helpful, beach is awesome, and food is very good overall.

If you have any general questions, let me know. I'll be here another few days.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:49 am

Someone said taxi to the hotel was $28 USD. Are there any other options besides renting a car since we have a party of 8? Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:11 am

call hotel directly to make actual arrangements

for advice of getting from airport to ziva, I would call hotel directly to see if they can set something up for your group. not sure if concierge services has gotten fully up to speed but you may want to speak to Leopold (front end mgt) to make sure your group will be taken care of. also Alexandre (GM for property), if you feel you need additional assistance. both are excellent contacts.
once there make sure to see JJ (aka Juan) at bellhop.... he is the absolute best and will make sure all your local transportation needs will be met in comfort, especially for your group. JJ was our guardian angel during our stay and we can't wait to return to see how things have settled in from the resort's first few days.
be prepared for relaxing sun etc.
if your group is the active type you should look into book an excursion with of outdoors adventures.... the best zip lining etc & pm me if you'd like for details.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:30 pm

I am booking a week in June and am wondering if anyone has received any upgrades as a Platinum member or if I shouldn't expect much.

I considered using points but at a rate of $209 it doesn't seem like a good value.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
$209 is a great rate!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:09 pm

Don't mean to burst your bubble but

$209... just curious... when you were using the booking engine at hyatt.com did you put in 2 adults? If you didn't you're getting a pricing for ONE person... when you put in 2 adults it goes up to around $260 -- this price is all in, including taxes.. which is still excellent since it covers your lodging as well as food & drink..
The entry level rooms are nice and have lovely views...
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848
$209 is a great rate!
I'd look to see if you can get a BRG below that. I was able to get it down to $166 for Feb.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I'd look to see if you can get a BRG below that. I was able to get it down to $166 for Feb.
And through LOTS of research and several BRG claims I was able to get a plunge pool suite ( 2nd best room in the place after the Presidential) for $225 a night.

The rates are all over the place for this resort right now and I found the BRG to be very effective.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Cbass98
Someone said taxi to the hotel was $28 USD. Are there any other options besides renting a car since we have a party of 8? Thanks.
Prices are fixed at the airport regardless of the window you go to in order to buy your ticket. It's 286 pesos per cab (which you can hold 3 or 4 people). A van is 572 pesos and I have seen some that hold 8 passengers. That may be your best bet. 572 pesos presently = US$39, so definitely get pesos from an ATM in the airport to avoid a poor exchange rate.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:00 pm

the rate u quoted, cool tiler, is what the hotel is quoting... not what u get at the airport... unless they raised the rates on dec 24. price quoted for taxi for 1-3 was $30and van 4+ was twice that at just shy of $60 (dh gave $60 and got peso counts back). we were 4 with lots of luggage (traveling to 2 climates on lengthy trip).and was crammed in a mid suv... not the minivan that was pointed out at dispatch... it was a bit chaotic. going back to airport it's the rate u quoted though
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by david4455
And through LOTS of research and several BRG claims I was able to get a plunge pool suite ( 2nd best room in the place after the Presidential) for $225 a night.

The rates are all over the place for this resort right now and I found the BRG to be very effective.
what site did you price match from?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by shaker58
what site did you price match from?
Send a PM
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
$209... just curious... when you were using the booking engine at hyatt.com did you put in 2 adults? If you didn't you're getting a pricing for ONE person... when you put in 2 adults it goes up to around $260 -- this price is all in, including taxes.. which is still excellent since it covers your lodging as well as food & drink..
The entry level rooms are nice and have lovely views...
Good catch, yes it does go up to $261. Less of a good deal but still not bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.