Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by david55
There is a great website called Fakespot. You can put in the page for the hotel on tripadvisor and it analyzes the reviews and can tell you the credibility. The web page for the Hyatt Ziva PV was rated " D" last time I checked. Means the reviews are mostly fake. The other problem is that when the hotel became a Hyatt it absorbed all the reviews from when it was Dreams....further diluting the authenticity.

It will be a ZOO this week...mostly families.

Sorry.
going with family too so that I was already expecting.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

We went 2 years ago soon after it opened. I wrote a very favorable review for all aspects except the food which was truly awful. We were 3 couples ( elder), not big drinkers, looking for a quiet place on a beautiful beach. It wasn't our scene....but as you can see it does get quite a few positive reviews....real or not.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
As I said in my review, it's fairly awful. I think it ranks as one of the worst hotels I have stayed in out of the hundreds through the years. I have been to 63 countries and average 150+ nights a year in hotels. Definitely top 10 worst.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:31 am

Got back from my trip to PV and would say the hotel was not as bad as I had thought it would be after reading all the reviews here. This was my first all inclusive experience. We had a total of 3 rooms in our group. 2 rooms in the main tower on floor 14 and 1 room in the club tower on floor 13. The rooms were decent size and clean with no water dripping/brown water issues. We were told housekeeping was till 4:30 but had turndown service in our rooms almost every night without even asking for it. There was no construction going on anymore, they must have completed all the construction now. The spa was a total waste of time and money, really small spa with the steam room not in service when we were there. I would definitely suggest not to use the spa there. We had kids and they had plenty of things to keep the kids engaged. I can see how just a couple would not have liked the hotel, but with kids we sure did like it. The food choices sure were limited with some restaurants closed on certain days during our stay but they had different lunch and dinner menus. The drinks were watered down and was just like drinking juice. The beach was nice with kayaks available through the day. Chairs were plentiful on the beach. On the pools though you had to get them early in the day or they would get full quick.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, World of Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum
Noob here, bear with me. I tried searching online and also on "Search this thread", but couldn't find a good answer. This is my first redemption for an all-inclusive with Hyatt.
(Side Note: I also have the Hyatt CC)

I'm looking at ZIVA PV for July for 2 adults and "1 kid who will be less than 2 years in July". I called the Hyatt Redemption number to redeem points.
The representative said 20,000 points for 1 night for double occupancy, but with a child of any age, it will be 30,000 points.
But on the Ziva PV website, it clearly says that "Child Policy: • 2 years or younger*: no additional charge."

Am I missing something? Should I call Hyatt again or should I call the property to verify this?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by spgn00b
Noob here, bear with me. I tried searching online and also on "Search this thread", but couldn't find a good answer. This is my first redemption for an all-inclusive with Hyatt.
(Side Note: I also have the Hyatt CC)

I'm looking at ZIVA PV for July for 2 adults and "1 kid who will be less than 2 years in July". I called the Hyatt Redemption number to redeem points.
The representative said 20,000 points for 1 night for double occupancy, but with a child of any age, it will be 30,000 points.
But on the Ziva PV website, it clearly says that "Child Policy: • 2 years or younger*: no additional charge."

Am I missing something? Should I call Hyatt again or should I call the property to verify this?
You need to call in award nights at Ziva, and when you do, just advise that you are booking for two adults. The will confirm the reservation. You can then add a note to the reservation with the agent you are travelling with infant and they will note the reservation so it is not a surprise upon check in. We've done this at other Ziva locations numerous times and never had an issue with them asking for more points.
spgn00b likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, World of Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dprocuk
You need to call in award nights at Ziva, and when you do, just advise that you are booking for two adults. The will confirm the reservation. You can then add a note to the reservation with the agent you are travelling with infant and they will note the reservation so it is not a surprise upon check in. We've done this at other Ziva locations numerous times and never had an issue with them asking for more points.
Thanks dprocuk. Makes sense, and I'm glad I asked.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:02 am

Hi everyone. I have a trip to this Hyatt Ziva PV coming up and I have crawled through the thread a bit but couldn't find some info that I'm looking for. I'd appreciate it if you could help with your experience on these:

1. How was transportation arranged from PVR to/from the resort? (It seems that Uber is available! has anyone tried?)
2. Do the restaurants require dinner reservations to get in? I'm hoping to try MelanZane and Casa Grande.
3. I have booked here with the Hyatt CC sign up certs and the room type is partial ocean view with king size bed at the main tower. Are these rooms in the quieter side of the resort? If not, which area is the quieter area? (it seems that south towers toward the south end are noisier?)

I have also emailed the questions to a Concierge at this hotel but so far they have just been dodging these questions from the responses. Thank you for your help!
Old May 24, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by kouichi
Hi everyone. I have a trip to this Hyatt Ziva PV coming up and I have crawled through the thread a bit but couldn't find some info that I'm looking for. I'd appreciate it if you could help with your experience on these:

1. How was transportation arranged from PVR to/from the resort? (It seems that Uber is available! has anyone tried?)

2. Do the restaurants require dinner reservations to get in? I'm hoping to try MelanZane and Casa Grande

3. I have booked here with the Hyatt CC sign up certs and the room type is partial ocean view with king size bed at the main tower. Are these rooms n the quieter side of the resort? If not, which area is the quieter area? (it seems that south towers toward the south end are noisier?)

I have also emailed the questions to a Concierge at this hotel but so far they have just been dodging these questions from the responses. Thank you for your help!
1. Most use the effective taxi lined up right outside the airport doors. You pay at a window just after exiting the customs hall ( priced by zone) and are whisked away to the resort. Not sure I would mess with Uber since the taxis pretty much have the transport system locked up.

2. They did not when I was there...only the small " private' dining room that seats 8 for special occasions. One note.... the food at the resort unfortunately continues to be the weakest part of the experience. When I was there 2 years ago it was horrid. I have heard it is marginally better. All the ingredients are there...they just don't know how to put it together to taste good.

3.The hotel is two towers. What I think to be the main would be the north remodeled building. The South is un remodeled ( maybe re-freshed) and houses their Club level on the higher floors. I would think the North would be the quietest...the south having a bit more activities around its base and closer to the pools. What makes me a bit suspicious about your reservation is the " partial view". All the rooms are full on ocean view..... unless you might be in a lower floor which could be blocked by foliage. I would clarify that. Lower floors are not the best.

Last edited by david55; May 24, 2018 at 7:00 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:13 pm

Any recent reports? Has the food improved?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by whistler814
Any recent reports? Has the food improved?
I got the feeling that the hotel thinks they don't have to improve the food since the majority of the clients are now the 30 something pool drinkers and families with young kids. The loudest food critics are the older folks like myself who remember the resorts calmer, more grand dame character and after a last visit won't come back.
whistler814 and EWRFlyerAL like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:44 pm

Any recent reports? Curious for those who booked on points the cost to upgrade your room?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
What is the best option for getting from the airport to the hotel with an 8 month old and a 2 year old? I can book through Hyatt with carseats but the cost is $250!

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I used www.superiortoursvallarta.com.

It was much cheaper than the Hyatt option. Not sure about carseats, but give them a look. I've booked both through Superior Tours and Hyatt and preferred Superior Tours. Not only was it cheaper, but it also seemed much more professional. Booking through Hyatt is essentially just pre-reserving a cab.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:02 pm

Any recent reports? Considering Ziva, Amber Now, or Marriott Resort PV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.