Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
HELLO FT travelers!

Hoping for a little feedback on this Hyatt Ziva PV.

Questions I hope people can add their thoughts on recent travel, maybe the past 90 days. Really appreciate the insight

The QUICK story

13 of us, ranging from 13-70. 3 NIGHT stay. probably 5 rooms. I'm HYTATT DIAMOND/Globiewhatever

1. Thoughts on THIS property vs HYATT ZIVA CABO We do LOVE the Hyatt Ziva Cabo, been there 2x in past 12 months. Can you compare this property with the Cabo? Have you been to both? Age diffence between the two? PROS? CONS?

We have been to both a much prefer Los Cabos. It has a lot more for the kids to do. It's also in much better shape than PV, which in some parts do not appear to be worthy of the Hyatt name. One thing about PV vs Los Cabos is that you can swim in the ocean - the currents are usually too strong in Los Cabos.

2. Are there wrist bands? If so, do they recognize Diamond/Plat/Gold? If not wristbands, why not? Reason I ask, I feel like HYATT CABO does a GREAT CLIENT SERVICE for all that stay there, including their 12 different color wristbands. I KID, but do feel like our Family was treated exceptionally both visits.

I believe they have wristbands at PV, but dont remember. We didnt really get any special treatment as a Diamond, but we also used a suite upgrade, so there's not really much to upgrade beyond that. We did ask about a Plunge Pool Suite upgrade, but those were not complimentary.

3. Room type. Doesn't seem to been any huge options, PREZ SUITE 1500 square feet. Any recommendations for 5 rooms? location? Have you had a connector room? Such a thing here?

There are two towers - we were in the Club Tower in a "suite" with a hottub on the balcony. It was nice, but nothing special. There were parts of the room that could have used some updating.

4. Any contact info? Concierge or Reservations Manager, or......? Please PM if you would

[email protected]

5. A couple excursions included?

They have a Jungle tour and a Kayak tour included. We did the Kayak tour and had fun, but a couple of days they were really disorganized.

REALLY appreciate any thoughts. Normally I would just show up, but with 13 people, doing more research than probably needed.

You'll have a good time, but it's hard to compare to Ziva Los Cabos. We will not be back to Ziva PV as Los Cabos is awesome and we've heard amazing things about Ziva Cancun.

thanks
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Snip
See my posts earlier in the thread (page right before this) for my comments on my stay and the food. I was there January 20 - 23. I would go back for a long weekend (3-4 days) but longer than that I would get sick of the food.

1) Never been to any other Ziva / Zilaras
2) No wristbands, no Diamond treatment though see my note about the Club Lounge (which is open to anyone but in the Club building) which has higher quality alcohol
3) We had an Ocean View Suite with Private Balcony Jacuzzi (DSU) and it was plenty big for the 2 of us but would be tight with more. Balcony jacuzzi was nice, view from the balcony was great.
4) Rosa Curiel is the Assistant GM to contact: [email protected]
5) Some activities included but we didn't take part in any. Of course there are others you can pay for but we didn't take part in those either.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Globallist
THANK YOU and thank you to DUKE787 as well ( I did read your review, always appreciated)

Okay, I think I get it. I do LOVE the LOS CABOS property, people, layout........I DON'T like that it's too far away from Lands end and non swimmable beach.

I THINK, for our crew, based on costs, some availability for DSU upgrade, .....closer to Downtown, excursions and Marina closer to Hyatt PV, swimmable beach........probably the better call for us and the 6 teenagers in tow. Most have never been to an all inclusive (poor kids), so they won't know they are missing the outside terrace of the Diamond lounge, or the very well appointed NEWER rooms.

thanks!

If anyone can add, pros vs cons cabo, would still appreciate, but I think I've got this.....

so tell me this If in PV, no wristbands, how do they know youre suppose to be there? In CABO, you couldn't get ONTO property without a wristband! Ive been diamond for 7 years, wanted to just VIEW the resort for 5 mins. NOPE

So i'll book ONE ROOM for ONE PERSON and have 13 people in that room? I kid, but I am talking out loud here with some sarcasm.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

THANK YOU and thank you to DUKE787 as well ( I did read your review, always appreciated)

Okay, I think I get it. I do LOVE the LOS CABOS property, people, layout........I DON'T like that it's too far away from Lands end and non swimmable beach.

I THINK, for our crew, based on costs, some availability for DSU upgrade, .....closer to Downtown, excursions and Marina closer to Hyatt PV, swimmable beach........probably the better call for us and the 6 teenagers in tow. Most have never been to an all inclusive (poor kids), so they won't know they are missing the outside terrace of the Diamond lounge, or the very well appointed NEWER rooms.

thanks!

If anyone can add, pros vs cons cabo, would still appreciate, but I think I've got this.....

so tell me this If in PV, no wristbands, how do they know youre suppose to be there? In CABO, you couldn't get ONTO property without a wristband! Ive been diamond for 7 years, wanted to just VIEW the resort for 5 mins. NOPE

So i'll book ONE ROOM for ONE PERSON and have 13 people in that room? I kid, but I am talking out loud here with some sarcasm.
There is a guard gate for entry and the security is tight. Hence no wrist bands necessary.

While I have never been to Cabo we did send a week at the Ziva PV. I wrote an extensive review. Our biggest disappointment was the food. It was not good and because of that we will not be returning..... the beach that the Hyatt sits on is private and is one of the nicest in PV.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:19 pm

Late check out...

Our flight out of PVR is. Is not until 6:00PM.

I'm no so much concerned about occupying the room last 12:00. More concerned with having someplace to go.

With this being an all inclusive, will we be able to check our bags at the bell hop station and hand around for a couple of hours before heading out to the airport?

Last edited by 760Devilfan; Feb 26, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
Our flight out of PVR is. Is not until 6:00PM.

I'm no so much concerned about occupying the room last 12:00. More concerned with having someplace to go.

With this being an all inclusive, will we be able to check our bags at the bell hop station and hand around for a couple of hours before heading out to the airport?
They use to offer a day room for this.... don't expect much but it allowed us to hang out at the beach and then shower before our late afternoon plane.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:16 pm

Trouble using Hyatt e-GiftCards?

I have a $1,000 American Express gift card that I'm trying to use for an upcoming stay at the Ziva in PV.

As I understand that I can't use that in Mexico, I was thinking I would buy a Hyatt e-GiftCertificate.

Has anyone used one of those at the Ziva in PV?

Seems like some properties are having trouble processing them.

Just wanted to get some feedback before buying the card.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:13 pm

Any recognition for Explorist status members at this property?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
I have a $1,000 American Express gift card that I'm trying to use for an upcoming stay at the Ziva in PV.

As I understand that I can't use that in Mexico, I was thinking I would buy a Hyatt e-GiftCertificate.

Has anyone used one of those at the Ziva in PV?

Seems like some properties are having trouble processing them.

Just wanted to get some feedback before buying the card.
Hyatt egc should work in Mexico (gc only works in North America). You can always email the property and ask if they accept the gc.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Hyatt egc should work in Mexico (gc only works in North America)......
Mexican properties accept Hyatt Gift Cards now.@:-)

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/P...Locations.aspx
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Going to be at Hyatt Ziva PVR 5/12-5/16. Booked Ocean View King through Prestige. I am Hyatt Explorist and will be applying a Club pass to this reservation. I am going to email the GM (Rosa Curiel IIRC) to see if I can lock in a better room. I want to be as specific as possible. Any tips on what room I should be asking for?

TIA!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
Going to be at Hyatt Ziva PVR 5/12-5/16. Booked Ocean View King through Prestige. I am Hyatt Explorist and will be applying a Club pass to this reservation. I am going to email the GM (Rosa Curiel IIRC) to see if I can lock in a better room. I want to be as specific as possible. Any tips on what room I should be asking for?

TIA!
Plunge Pool suite North building.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by david55
Plunge Pool suite North building.
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT, and THE LIMIT IS THE SKY!!!!

Originally Posted by AmeriKop45, please let us know what you get slotted.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
will be applying a Club pass to this reservation.
Waste of a Club Pass, IMO, unless it somehow helps with you getting a room upgrade.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Waste of a Club Pass, IMO, unless it somehow helps with you getting a room upgrade.
Agreed - complete waste. There is no Club to speak of - it's loosely monitored area in the Club Tower with some higher-end liquor but they never once asked for proof of my status / club room and it's open air so there's no key card access required to check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.