FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1640800-ziva-puerto-vallarta-review-master-thread.html)

Jay00848 Dec 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Unfortunately it is too late for us to change hotels since we arrive on jan 1st. I am hoping one more week will make things better, is the club tower the better location for a room.

cmjaffe Dec 27, 2014 11:43 am

greetings from Zita vallarta

with family, arrived Wednesday not exactly sure what we were to expect.... getting assurances from Hyatt GP, Zita mgt on property as well as flyer talk thread, trip advisor reports. we were originally booked for cabo, had Mother Nature change our plans & decided to take a chance. had long conversation night before leaving us with GP and had a case file open for documentation "just in case. had originally booked 2 rooms, one points, one $ hoping to use diamond suit upgrade. after being unsure if that was possible and not wanting to tie up $ switched last minute (3days before leaving) to all points.
arrived weds at around 3pm. check in was quiet, airport more chaotic. that said when checking offered 2 rooms in regular wing (not club).... saying club hasn't been renovated in 10 years. express my displeasure esp since dh diamond and hearing reviews as well as asking what is/isn't opened and was offered to walk to Blanca garza. thanked for offer but declined since found out property is 3 tier, European plan, ai as well as timeshare. beach not as good and seeing mixed trip advisor reviews as well as knowing/experiencing stellar Hyatt customer service in somewhat similar situations didn't want to go to independent venue.

that said, right now it's a work in progress. each day getting better and pulling together. some really great people (like Juan aka "j j" ) as well as others. it's a bit of a construction zone in public areas. give 3 months... right now should be a very soft opening and guests going in know what to expect -- given the rates, they aren't paying full $ anyway). seeing improvements daily. my suggestion is insist on being in club tower. rooms are very nice and after being in both towers can say unconditionally there is major difference. renovated rooms are sterile and smaller. if I didn't personally know the history would not say club was dated, just has more rustic, Mexican decor... but hey your in Mexico. imho insist on club, tower is better physical location too.
since my posting is long if anyone has questions, concerns u can pm me. from my login it's not hard for management to know who I am, but that's ok, we have been having open, honest discussions. hope I can be of assistance & if anyone is here too, want to have a flyer talk meetup?
carolyn

TravelStar Dec 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Carolyn,

Thanks for the update! Do you know if the Presidential Suites and/or the Plunge Pool Suites are in good shape. Are they in the preferred wing?

david55 Dec 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by TravelStar (Post 24060404)
Carolyn,

Thanks for the update! Do you know if the Presidential Suites and/or the Plunge Pool Suites are in good shape. Are they in the preferred wing?

I'm not Carolyn but I may have a partial answer.

The Presidential suites are in the old " remodeled" tower. Not sure if they have done anything to these top floor suites.

The plunge pool suites are in the club tower and they have not been remodeled. On Oyster.com there is a photo album of what the plunge pool suites look like. I assume they look the same now.

http://www.oyster.com/puerto-vallart...te-ocean-view/

TravelStar Dec 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks David!

Jay00848 Dec 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks Carolyn for the great update. Can you estimate how full the hotel is?

cmjaffe Dec 27, 2014 9:49 pm

not sure about occupancy right now, but there was a large group that just checked in today. was told they were at 90%. kinda makes sense, though with only 3 nighttime eating venues, one being the buffet & the other (blaze) being tied up by large (almost 40 group) as well as being affected by weather (rain taking away floor space of 6+ tables - partial overhang) left several guest with a minimum of 1 1/2 hr wait. there has been a definite improvement in dinner service..... kitchen is moving things out faster. wait staff remembering drink order, preferences from 2 days prior, etc. there is definite potential.... Ziva just needs some time.
JMHO

david55 Dec 28, 2014 6:59 am

Originally Posted by cmjaffe (Post 24061058)
.... Ziva just needs some time.
JMHO

I hope it is just time. There is a new review on TA which reading through the lines describes a less than upscale experience even putting construction and un-open amenities aside. ( bad house wine, apples, biscuits and walnuts for snacks, etc......all easily remedied fixes.)

Good food can make any situation better. :)

Jay00848 Dec 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Thank you everyone for the updated

mikeyyz Dec 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Booked for May as the 55% offer still seems to be on. Has anyone been able to book the 50% + 5th night offer?

http://puertovallarta.ziva.hyatt.com...55108699&code=

How much are folks there currently paying/night?

Have a points booking at the St. Regis but just discovered it's nearly an hour from the other hotel where our friends are having their wedding, so might be best to try the Ziva if things are sorted out by May. Until then I'll hold both reservations :D

Vacation time Dec 29, 2014 10:12 pm

I will be checking in Wed. hope all is well there.

cmjaffe Dec 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Those checking. There are things moving in right direction. But still need to be flexible. If possible insist on club tower. Rooms are substantially larger. More central location and haven't heard of substantial problems in its infrastructure.

Jay00848 Dec 30, 2014 5:40 am

Cmjaffe glad to hear things are going correct direction. We check in on thursday

Jay00848 Dec 30, 2014 6:22 am

Are the restaurants operating with full menus now?

david55 Dec 30, 2014 6:21 pm

First Pictures

This review has some images of the Hyatt Ziva PV. ( from TripAdvisor)

Looks nice!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Vallarta.html