Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dngrmys
Just booked our stay for June and have a couple of questions:

1. We are using a DSU for Ocean Front Hot Tub Room. Is it worth staying at these rooms over the newer-renovated rooms on the other tower? The Plunge rooms sound amazing, so I may ask about upgrade cost.

Ask about an upgrade before arrival. Plunge pool suites are amazing.

This is just my opinion....but I don't think the hot tub rooms are worth the space you have to give up on your balcony. It cuts it nearly in half. And frankly...they are kind of dated and a bit seedy....I never went in mine. The problem with the renovated North tower is that not all the rooms have balconies....some only " french" balconies. So asking for a room in the renovated tower could be a crap-shoot unless you specify a balcony room.

2. For those that have stayed at both, how does this compare to Ziva Los Cabos? Our brief review of Los Cabos would be: Grounds - excellent, Room - good, Food - Average, Service - Excellent.

3. What's the best transportation to and from the airport for a family of 4 (2 small children)?
An airporter cab from the airport is the easiest. You buy your ticket once you collect baggage and exit customs. If you want a reserved car...google the service...there are several companies that meet and greet and take you to the hotel but be prepared to pay twice as much as the taxi.

The food here is the weakest part....when we were there last November the food was pretty bad....and I probably won't go back because of that. It is a common complaint, so it may have gotten better since our visit.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Recent diamond treatment?

How has the recent treatment of diamonds been? Has anyone gotten a good upgrade without using a DSU?
Also, do all diamonds get access to the club lounge regardless of which room / tower they are staying in?
Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by william142

How has the recent treatment of diamonds been? Has anyone gotten a good upgrade without using a DSU?
Also, do all diamonds get access to the club lounge regardless of which room / tower they are staying in?
Thanks
I'd be curious, too. Found a great rate on a third party site that Hyatt BRG didn't quite match. They came close, but there's still about a $240 difference between Hyatt.com and third party. Of course, I'd get a confirmed suite about 13K Hyatt points with Hyatt.com, but the cash is hand seems more tempting. Wondering if I am correct with my line of thinking...

Are there any other benefits that I am missing by booking direct?
Old May 7, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Anyone know what the differences are (if any) between the Plunge Pool Suites on the two towers?
Old May 7, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Anyone know what the differences are (if any) between the Plunge Pool Suites on the two towers?
Try to go for one in the North Tower. Renovated and huge. The plunge pool suites in the South tower have not been renovated and are still the same layout and furnishings from when it was a Dreams. The publicity pictures are all from the North Tower.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Hyatt Ziva

As a Hyatt Diamond member, I frequently stay at Hyatt hotels often. I was looking forward to a getaway with my family. After reading the numerous positive reviews, we decided on the Hyatt Ziva for a 5 night stay along with another family. I used two DSU’s for our stay. I was a little hesitant as I dislike being confined to an all inclusive hotel. However, that all changed when we arrived at the hotel.

We were promptly greeted and served complimentary drinks. We were ushered to the VIP check in area. We were given an Ocean Front Hot Tub Suite. This was amazing as we spent our first night in the hot tub looking out at the water. After 3 nights, we were upgraded to one of the 2 story suites and all I can say is WOW. This was probably the best hotel suite I’ve ever been upgraded too. We had our own private pool and living rooms. Our toddler had more than enough space to run around. Gorgeous!

About the food, the quality of the food is good but you have to set proper expectations. The service can be hit or miss depending on which restaurant you go to. We went to Blaze a few times and had excellent service, however the service at the Asian restaurant was slow. Ordering room service takes about 45 minutes until you receive a knock on your door. For some of the restaurants, you are not able to take food to go.

The thing that sets the Hyatt Ziva apart is the service. Our group received some amazing drinks from the VIP from Julio and Juan. When we were on the search for local churros, Carlos provided awesome recommendations that took us to where the locals would go. He knew exactly what we were looking for, hole in the wall places or food stands were you could only find authentic and delicious food. Last, but not least, Alicia Alvarez from the Romance Concierge desk. She has the warmest personality and greeted us every day with her beautiful smile. She sets the standard for what other Hyatt resorts should aspire to. Our experience was that everything about the hotel and staff is above and beyond. I kept thinking to myself, when can we come back?! Can’t wait to come back!
Old May 13, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by albutt27
Hyatt Ziva

As a Hyatt Diamond member, I frequently stay at Hyatt hotels often. I was looking forward to a getaway with my family. After reading the numerous positive reviews, we decided on the Hyatt Ziva for a 5 night stay along with another family. I used two DSU’s for our stay. I was a little hesitant as I dislike being confined to an all inclusive hotel. However, that all changed when we arrived at the hotel.

We were promptly greeted and served complimentary drinks. We were ushered to the VIP check in area. We were given an Ocean Front Hot Tub Suite. This was amazing as we spent our first night in the hot tub looking out at the water. After 3 nights, we were upgraded to one of the 2 story suites and all I can say is WOW. This was probably the best hotel suite I’ve ever been upgraded too. We had our own private pool and living rooms. Our toddler had more than enough space to run around. Gorgeous!

About the food, the quality of the food is good but you have to set proper expectations. The service can be hit or miss depending on which restaurant you go to. We went to Blaze a few times and had excellent service, however the service at the Asian restaurant was slow. Ordering room service takes about 45 minutes until you receive a knock on your door. For some of the restaurants, you are not able to take food to go.

The thing that sets the Hyatt Ziva apart is the service. Our group received some amazing drinks from the VIP from Julio and Juan. When we were on the search for local churros, Carlos provided awesome recommendations that took us to where the locals would go. He knew exactly what we were looking for, hole in the wall places or food stands were you could only find authentic and delicious food. Last, but not least, Alicia Alvarez from the Romance Concierge desk. She has the warmest personality and greeted us every day with her beautiful smile. She sets the standard for what other Hyatt resorts should aspire to. Our experience was that everything about the hotel and staff is above and beyond. I kept thinking to myself, when can we come back?! Can’t wait to come back!
Did you get the plunge pool suite in the club tower or the recently renovated main north tower? Was there room for a rollaway bed? Thx
Old May 13, 2016, 4:26 pm

Did you get the plunge pool suite in the club tower or the recently renovated main north tower? Was there room for a rollaway bed? Thx
Although I am not the OP, when we had a plunge pool suite in the renovated North Tower...the room(s) had space for 10 rollaways beds!
Old May 16, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Comparing plunge pool suites

We just completed a stay here. We booked using Citi Prestige 4th night free at about $275 per night for a ocean view king. Applied a DSU and was confirmed into club ocean front hot tub room. A few days prior to arrival I emailed about a plunge pool suite and after a bit we were told we'd get the suite ^, albeit I wasn't told which tower. Below are some pics (sorry but only upstairs shot is the balcony view). It was a very nice room and was happy to have it. It was in the South (Club) Tower.

Then our friends checked in, and jealousy reared its ugly head . They had reserved a club ocean front hot tub room because that's all that was left showing available on the Hyatt website. Rate was ~$80 more than we paid. They have no status, and had in fact only just signed up for the GP program. They received a plunge pool suite in the North Tower, and it is a significantly nicer room than in the Club Tower. The deck was much bigger (although upstairs had no deck) and the plunge pool was bigger and much deeper (ours was like a cold hot tub). The living area featured a nice big table and the bath had a huge jacuzzi tub (ours had neither). Get the North (a.k.a. remodeled) tower if you get a plunge pool suite. Sorry, but no pics of the North Tower suite.

Also, Club bar was great and had better liquor. It was convenient to grab a top-shelf drink on the way from the elevator to the pools/beach. Not sure they enforced access rules, as it seemed anyone could walk up and order something.
Attached Images     
Old May 16, 2016, 7:08 pm

Our plunge pool suite in the North Tower had a huge outdoor terrace off the living room/ dining room with loungers, couch and table and chairs and a decent size rectangular pool. Upstairs, you ascended the stairway into a hall...to the right the bedroom had floor to ceiling windows, unobstructed view out to the ocean. On the other side, going left off the hall, a bathroom suite which also had an outdoor Jacuzzi and more lounge chairs. This patio was so private we were able to sunbath w/o clothing.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:38 pm

Suite upgrade, 6000 points?

Could someone please clarify for me...
If I book a terrace room through Citi's 4th night free at a rate of $234/night can I apply 6,000 points for a suite upgrade? If yes, which type of room will this be upgraded to?

Thank you so much!
Old May 30, 2016, 8:53 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

In order to use points to upgrade to a suite it must be booked at our daily rate. This can't be combined with other specials or packages.

Rebecca S
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:12 pm

I will be traveling in early August with my wife and 4 children. I booked 2 rooms one on points the other I paid cash for. 2 questions is [email protected] still the right person to email about room preferences? My rep from Hyatt couldn't figure out how to book 2 connecting/adjoining rooms so I booked it and she put in the preferences my request.

Also, with 4 children I don't think a standard taxi would work well for us or would it? Can anyone recommend who to book travel to and/or from the resort? Something like an SUV or van? Do they have van's that are taxis?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
It has been discussed here quite a bit. If you can go for the North Tower......
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold

Thanks
We booked two rooms in early May. This is our 5th stay at Ziva. Normally we are directed to Club Tower for check in. This time sent to main tower and told we would have to wait for our rooms. When I asked why we weren't sent to the other tower, I was told there were no upgrades available.

Looking over the space poolside and at the restaurants, unless everyone was staying in Club Tower I call fooey on that - they have been much busier in the past and we have been upgraded with higher occupancy.

I feel F&B has gone downhill considerably - we waited 45 minutes for our lunch at Blaze - plates came out hot, the food wasn't. No drink refills either. Shrimp cocktails came out with shrimp swimming in sauce - getting shells off required getting sauce all over fingers. Only one person on the F&B team recognized us so lots of new staff. The food quality and service isn't what it once was. I have always felt you get what you pay for at All-inclusives and Ziva PV is beginning to prove me right. This stay was at a lower rate than we had paid in the past - could be why there were no upgrades available.

As a GP Diamond I expect certain things to continue as they have in the past. I don't think we will return to Ziva PV as our primary resort - maybe for a day to see if things have improved but I'm not going down there just to be disappointed for several days by not getting the same treatment.

Yes, we could use the Club in the tower. Liquor quality is much better than pool side but the hours it is accessible are severely restricted at the club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.