Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 7, 15, 11:50 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Hyatt Ziva PV is cursed with the lounge chair game? ( getting up at the crack of dawn to reserve a chair)

Heading down there for our first stay in a few weeks.

Thanks.
I guess that depends on where you wish to sit. You shouldn't have any problems getting a lounge chair on the beach under a palapa at any time of day. The adult pool and shady pool areas are pretty small and the lounge chairs fill up, but it shouldn't be that much of a problem. The main pool might be the toughest get as families tend to get up early and spread out.

I didn't see any overt hoarding or reserving of chairs, but we mainly stuck to the beach.
Old Oct 7, 15, 2:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Only what my AmEx Plat offers me
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
I guess that depends on where you wish to sit. You shouldn't have any problems getting a lounge chair on the beach under a palapa at any time of day. The adult pool and shady pool areas are pretty small and the lounge chairs fill up, but it shouldn't be that much of a problem. The main pool might be the toughest get as families tend to get up early and spread out.

I didn't see any overt hoarding or reserving of chairs, but we mainly stuck to the beach.
Thanks...Beach is where we want to be...........
Old Oct 8, 15, 3:58 pm

We recently returned from here an had a very nice time. It got a little humid in the afternoon an rained at night a couple of times. We had no problem finding chairs by the pool an plenty by the beach but it is their slower months. The setting makes for a private beach but they do let in some vendors.
Old Oct 11, 15, 7:13 pm

Normal for them to make a copy of my passport?
Old Oct 11, 15, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by fyugioh View Post
Normal for them to make a copy of my passport?
Yes we didn't have ours handy so they said drivers license was fine, an we have been asked before at other Hyatt Ziva/Zillara's
Old Oct 20, 15, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
booked a 6-night stay for Feb. Used a DSU but it only books into a club room ...should I even bother using a DSU if Diamonds may likely be placed in a club room anyway? What are the chances of being upgraded to the plunge pool suite?! That room looks amazing but not feeling like paying 2x for it and does being a Diamond even matter here? Stayed at ZilaraMB last year and the only diamond benefits i got was the 1k pts amenity
Old Oct 20, 15, 1:12 pm

Not worth using DSU for only a club room. The swim up pool rooms are blocked off now.
Old Oct 20, 15, 9:11 pm

As a diamond I am sure you will get a nice room, upper floors in club tower have jacuzzi tubs on patio all have balconies. If you want to use a DSU I would confirm it would be a plunge room if you used it. The club is on the first floor an seemed to be open to everyone when we were there.
Old Oct 24, 15, 7:46 am

Have a upcoming stay this week and wondering if I should wait it out or cancel? News says damage is not that bad but all reservations for the hotel is blocked as of now.

But worried the hotel might not be fully operational this week even though it opens...
Old Oct 24, 15, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by nowstime View Post
Have a upcoming stay this week and wondering if I should wait it out or cancel? News says damage is not that bad but all reservations for the hotel is blocked as of now.

But worried the hotel might not be fully operational this week even though it opens...
We too are arriving later this week. I called the 800 number this morning and the only update they have is they are waiving cancellation fees for arrivals up to the 25th.

All indications are that PV suffered minimal damage ( no wind at all). I would call the resort later today or wait until they post something on their website.

My guess is you will be fine... at worst.... maybe a little beach erosion.
Old Oct 24, 15, 12:25 pm

maybe check about infrastructure.....
mainly concerned how blaze and other beach side restaurants faired....
if you haven't been on property, blasť is nearby a drainage area and other side of resort by a runoff area directly on side/middle of beach....
do you have other options, you may want to have a backup plan B.... just to be safe.
JMHO
good luck in your decision
Old Oct 24, 15, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe View Post
maybe check about infrastructure.....
mainly concerned how blaze and other beach side restaurants faired....
if you haven't been on property, blasť is nearby a drainage area and other side of resort by a runoff area directly on side/middle of beach....
do you have other options, you may want to have a backup plan B.... just to be safe.
JMHO
good luck in your decision
The hotel is closed today. ( "doing a little clean-up" ) Reopens Sunday Morning.
Old Oct 24, 15, 9:08 pm

Thank you for the update

Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
The hotel is closed today. ( "doing a little clean-up" ) Reopens Sunday Morning.
Old Oct 24, 15, 11:33 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
This afternoon the hotel posted their photo on instagram: "So grateful to announce that we are all safe after Hurricane Patricia and there was no damage. The resort is now open and welcoming guests!"
Old Oct 24, 15, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tpazk View Post
As a diamond I am sure you will get a nice room, upper floors in club tower have jacuzzi tubs on patio all have balconies. If you want to use a DSU I would confirm it would be a plunge room if you used it. The club is on the first floor an seemed to be open to everyone when we were there.
I did apply a DSU, but it only books into the Club Ocean Front hot tub room...? Any suggestions as to how I can charm myself into a plunge room with my DSU!? That room looks amazing!

Any know if this club ocean front hot tub room is even a suite? B/c it is priced higher than the Club Ocean View Suite rooms...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: