Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
We just left this past Tuesday after a 3 night stay. Taxi from the airport is 286 pesos (~$18.50 US), flat rate set by the government. Taxi from Hyatt Ziva back in 200 pesos (~$12.90 US), again a flat rate set by the government. Takes 25-30 mins depending on traffic.
How was your stay? Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by msfrugalista
I assume they don't take credit card and USD is accepted everywhere?
Thanks!
Get pesos at the airport. As you exit customs and immigration ignore all the time share people offering rides in fancy hallway. When you exit that you will see all the tour group greeters. Ignore them. Turn right and walk past the "VIP" lounge toward the departures area. There is a taxi stand there with about 5 ATMs right across from it and no one waiting in line.

Use pesos for taxis for a much better deal.

Last edited by skunker; Jun 26, 2015 at 8:08 am
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Does anyone know the hours of the kids club? I know when it was Dreams it was 9am to 10pm. Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by william142
Does anyone know the hours of the kids club? I know when it was Dreams it was 9am to 10pm. Thanks.
I believe it was 9am but then pickup was at 5pm. They had activities at night but the schedule I saw said pickup was earlier. Not sure how that works. I did see that you or an authorized decision maker have to stay on property as they give you a pager so they can reach you.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:14 pm

has anyone tried both this hotel (Ziva Puerto Vallarta) and the Ziva Los Cabos?

I'm planning my honeymoon, and was sold on the Ziva Los Cabos until they announced that the construction work will be delayed... so I have to change my plans now. the swim up rooms looked really nice in Los Cabos but it doesn't seem that Puerto Vallarta has that
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:05 pm

Do diamonds gain access to the club lounge even if not staying in a Club Room?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:39 pm

Thought they'd "try" to move diamonds to Club Tower even if booked regular room -- but then again, some may want the swim out rooms on main floor of the regular building.... though the terrace there had shade and the "pool" was small and --at least in December-- didn't seem that clean.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Any suggestion for diving? The hotel offers $145 for DSD in Marietas. Is it much cheaper to get it from outside?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:27 pm

Vallerta Adventures

Is the tour operator that hotel books with, and you're charged directly with them (not on folio). I'd suggest going through their webpage, since they have some really good excursions that have a buy 2 get one free offers (my 20 something kids LOVEd the adventure excursion -- ziplinging, etc. was best they've done ever (and they've been "around").... they were picked up at the hotel (no extra charge) and thought it was a great value too.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, BA Silver
Plunge Pool Suites Club or Tower?

We stayed last November in the Club Tower plunge pool suite and loved it. Loved the hotel, staff, food and room. Going again this November and I notice that plunge pool suites have opened in the main renovated tower that are single story not two and seem to have a more open terrace. Has anyone stayed in the renovated tower suite or better both to compare the pros and cons?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, BA Silver
Club Ocean View

Originally Posted by DaveH
Just applied a DSU to a Sept 1-6 booking. That bumped us from a basic room to a "Hyatt Ziva Club Ocean View Two Double Beds", described by diamond line as a 704 sq ft suite.

If I'm following this thread correctly, this will be in the Club/non-remodeled tower, correct?

I wonder if these rooms are split-level like the plunge-pool rooms...
No they are single level more like a junior suite, some with jacuzzi, some not. Very nice though.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mdskyguy
We stayed last November in the Club Tower plunge pool suite and loved it. Loved the hotel, staff, food and room. Going again this November and I notice that plunge pool suites have opened in the main renovated tower that are single story not two and seem to have a more open terrace. Has anyone stayed in the renovated tower suite or better both to compare the pros and cons?
The swim-up rooms in the main tower are on the ground floor. The pool is exposed for everyone to see and is actually one large pool for all the swim-up rooms, but divided for individual suite usage. The rooms are the same size as the non-swim up rooms in the main tower. While I saw people in those rooms, I never saw anyone using their pool during the week I was there.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:24 am

Are all the ocean view king rooms renovated? Also does the couch let out into a bed? My sister may come along and dh doesn't want to sleep on a full.

We're booked for five days in October. It was a tough decision between here and the Zilara Cancun but since we don't like to stay on the hotel grounds all day PV was chosen.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by diseased
Are all the ocean view king rooms renovated? Also does the couch let out into a bed? My sister may come along and dh doesn't want to sleep on a full.

We're booked for five days in October. It was a tough decision between here and the Zilara Cancun but since we don't like to stay on the hotel grounds all day PV was chosen.
There are two buildings...one has been renovated one has not....every room offers an ocean view...both have king rooms. You just need to decide what you want and request. FWI: The renovated rooms are smaller
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by david4455
There are two buildings...one has been renovated one has not....every room offers an ocean view...both have king rooms. You just need to decide what you want and request. FWI: The renovated rooms are smaller
Which side is better? Name of the better building?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.