Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Wi-Fi Launching for All Guests in February

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Wi-Fi Launching for All Guests in February

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up

Late to the party here, but I'd like to add my compliments and thanks to Hyatt. ^

Now, it's been said and alluded to at several points in the discussion, but to put it in bas-relief: Hyatt has raised and broadened expectations at a high profile and so staked a lot on it. There is a growing problem in many places - hotels especially and Hyatts included - with varying capacity/service. Not only from hotel to hotel, but also room to room and minute to minute, as more and more people use the service primarily for streaming. One can be rolling along doing mundane stuff like email and calling up websites and then someone (or more) checks in next door and begins streaming. Speed is down the tubes, especially if they are between the (nearest) router and you. This isn't an exaggeration. Speed can go to zip - and then back up again etc. In earlier days, it prompted one to wonder the old wonder - is it my computer or the service? Many hotels have multiple routers around the property, and still can't keep up in the evenings. Some have resorted to doing their important stuff after midnight. Sound familiar?

Again, this is not just at Hyatts, but Hyatts - as in, each Hyatt - need to stay ahead of it, so that quality is not perpetually chasing expectations and giving rise to complaints. I submit that, as all the competition comes up to the free internet line, that the differentiator - that between Hyatts and Choice hotels - will more and more be how they handle capacity. (Choice is the example because I have recently stayed in Hyatts that were no better than Rodeway Inns in this regard, and Hyatt doesn't ever want to be so compared.)

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 20, 2015 at 7:24 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Free WiFi effective Feb 15, 2015

I guess smartphones have finally crushed the rip off (er, um, profit center). Email arrived a few minutes ago.

CHICAGO (December 22, 2014) – As part of the company’s continued efforts to evolve the guest experience by listening and responding to guest needs, Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced plans to offer free Wi-Fi at all Hyatt hotels worldwide, providing connectivity and convenience regardless of booking method or loyalty program participation.

Free Wi-Fi will become available to Hyatt guests around the world in February 2015. Travelers will be able to access free Wi-Fi on an unlimited number of mobile devices or laptops in Hyatt-branded hotel guest rooms and social spaces. ...

Last edited by RaflW; Jan 16, 2015 at 9:55 pm Reason: added first few lines of press release
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Coincidentally encountered this on an ISP splash page list this morning...

http://www.hotelmanagement.net/inter...mplaints-21807

...and then this:

http://www.hotelmanagement.net/wirel...i-speeds-25258

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 20, 2015 at 7:45 am Reason: Bad link...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.