Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone
when you say heated pools...does this mean the pools in Jamaica are cold???

Headed there in a month, and that would be a real downer if the pools are too cold.
You know how some pools have that perfect temp where three's no shock factor to your body when getting in? Well this isn't one of those pools. However by end of day everyone's in the pool (temp maybe heats up from sun? drunk?). But I will say my son and I both noticed the ocean water temp felt warmer than the pool.

I did hear former GM came from Hyatt and has left here in the past year. Sounds like standards are not as high here now. Cost cotting moves????????
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer121
I’ve been to Ziva Rose Hall four times, Zilara Rose Hall twice, Zillara Cancun one, and Ziva Los Cabo’s twice. It’s sad to see
how the Rose Hall property has gone so far down. It’s turned into a low budget quality Carnival Cruze .
Did yo prefer The property in Cancun or Los Cobos?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by beachmiles

Did yo prefer The property in Cancun or Los Cobos?
Los Cabo’s is hands down the best. Both Rose Hall locations (Ziva & Zillara) are going through MAJOR cost cutting at a time when the other Hyatt Zivas & Zillara’s are getting significantly better. The Rose Hall property is also now being usd as a Cruze “day excursion” for very little money. They are also selling day passes to locals or anyone for $50pp. Even the Mimosa served at breakfast was pored from an industrial generic container and was pre-mixed before it even arrived at the hotel. Even the staff is aware of this and moral doesn’t seem to be the same. So unfortunate to see this happening.

I’ve considered writing an in-depth review, however the level of cutbacks and reductions is so significant that I would rather just answer questions as they come.

Sad to see this once great resort dying like this.

Last edited by flyer121; Jan 2, 2018 at 9:01 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I’ve Zilara Rose Hall twice, Zillara Cancun one, It’s sad to see
how the Rose Hall property has gone so far down.
I'm not interested in Ziva unless there is one with no Kids/ Minors. I wish there was a Zilara in Cabo.

I liked Zilara Cancun last year, is Rose Hall really a downgrade from Cancun?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
I'm not interested in Ziva unless there is one with no Kids/ Minors. I wish there was a Zilara in Cabo.

Zilara Rose Hall used to be superior to Zillara Cancun. This is no longer the case. Ziva Cabo has an adults only pool.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Zilara Rose Hall used to be superior to Zillara Cancun. This is no longer the case. Ziva Cabo has an adults only pool.
When possible I prefer no kids on the property anywhere
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:17 pm

see
When possible I prefer no kids on the property anywhere
Because of the Zillara Rose Hall layout, you will see lots of children. Zillara Cancun, you will not see a single child.

Last edited by Markie; Jan 23, 2018 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:36 pm

Funny:

Today at "family friendly" Ziva Rose Hall with young and teenage kids everywhere I happened to catch the daytime entertainment which involved guys dressing up like girls giving the judge their best chick pick up line. And immediately when i walked over to the Adults Only I saw they were playing traditional BINGO. Reversal of expectations anyone?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

huge downgrade. Cancun far superior. Then I'd say Ziva Cabo adults only pool is even far superior then Rose Hall Zilara and that's just a small isolated pool
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
A bit upsetting to hear since I booked a week on points at Rose Hall Zilara a few months back when reviews said it was more of a toss up between it and Cancun. Hopefully they at least fix the hot water and some more manageable issues by the time I go in late February (week after President's week, so hoping for a lot less children).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
So, the wife and I are booked Feb. 2-6 at Ziva using a suite upgrade to an ocean view Junior Suite.
It's just the two of us, no kids.
Zilara just had room availability open up using points this morning, but doesn't look like suite upgrades are available.
All that being said, if you were in my situation, which side would you chose?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:38 pm

So, the wife and I are booked Feb. 2-6 at Ziva using a suite upgrade to an ocean view Junior Suite.
It's just the two of us, no kids.
Zilara just had room availability open up using points this morning, but doesn't look like suite upgrades are available.
All that being said, if you were in my situation, which side would you chose?
Wife and I stayed at Ziva Rose Hall and just got back last week. Used TSU for Jr Suite. Looked great, felt great, just be prepared to have loud evening entertainment until 10:15pm every night. And quite a few kids around. (we actually had our 3 year old.with us). I walked over to Zilara and heard most all of their rooms were Jr Suites. Dont know whether their std room is actually similar to Ziva suite upgrade room. Might be. If wife and I went back wed actually stay at Zilara and let fate dictate what room we got (or just call ahead of time and inquire).
bsdstone and Sinter like this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Wife said she saw something on their website about a club...as in an executive club at Zilara...can't imagine an all inclusive would have one...anyone know?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Wife said she saw something on their website about a club...as in an executive club at Zilara...can't imagine an all inclusive would have one...anyone know?
They did have one when we were there (I believe in building 4), but we never even bothered going since like you said, what's the point at an all inclusive? I vaguely remember someone posting about higher quality alcohol in the club vs. the rest of the property.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oc2005
They did have one when we were there (I believe in building 4), but we never even bothered going since like you said, what's the point at an all inclusive? I vaguely remember someone posting about higher quality alcohol in the club vs. the rest of the property.
Yes, free name brand alcohol is the only reason to go to Club. The Club is actually in building 1, the old RC building.
bsdstone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.