Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
I passed an open live "hot" (white) wire in a hallway earlier where a light fixture is supposed to to be. if this were the US, the fire Marshall would shut this place down on that alone
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
so i have a suite booked at ZIVA rose hall in february.
anyone know or understand how their day pass works? plan on having a granny come for partial stay to help with my kid.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:09 pm

Wow these pictures explain so much.

And I thought our reservation in late February would give them plenty of time to wrinkle out any nits. I'm definitely starting to doubt that now!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:38 pm

My wife, my 2 year old son, and my brother's family (kids age 3 and 1.5) are coming on December 19th and staying at the Ziva.

I am pissed that the Zilara isn't ready. I do not want our kids to ruin the trip for people that intended to enjoy a nice quiet kid-free stay. Our kids are well behaved, but every kid has a bad day now and then. I apologize in advance for anyone on a honeymoon or special trip.

mrredskin, do you see anything on the Ziva side of things that would be dangerous for our kids (live wires, etc), that should make us cancel our trip?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by thm1223
Wow these pictures explain so much.

And I thought our reservation in late February would give them plenty of time to wrinkle out any nits. I'm definitely starting to doubt that now!
Those pictures are pretty bad, way too early an opening. I can understand some things need to be finished at opening but this is pretty bad.

May I ask that the reviews specify whether it's for the Zilara side or the Ziva side preferably in separate threads - or we may have another joint review thread.

Peteropny - co-mod- Hyatt

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 10, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:15 pm

The beach at Zilara looks inviting...

Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by trev555555
My wife, my 2 year old son, and my brother's family (kids age 3 and 1.5) are coming on December 19th and staying at the Ziva.

I am pissed that the Zilara isn't ready. I do not want our kids to ruin the trip for people that intended to enjoy a nice quiet kid-free stay. Our kids are well behaved, but every kid has a bad day now and then. I apologize in advance for anyone on a honeymoon or special trip.

mrredskin, do you see anything on the Ziva side of things that would be dangerous for our kids (live wires, etc), that should make us cancel our trip?
no you should be fine. Ziva will be ok by the time you get here. it's acceptable enough now. only issue I've had this afternoon has been the colder weather and chilly pool!

sea grass everywhere too although they can't control all of this. Beach just isn't happening this trip due to all of it.

there are still a lot of people in the lobby waiting on a room to be ready at 5pm. lots of comments overheard about the rooms. one couple walked in to theirs and said painters were in there! haha
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Those pictures are pretty bad, way too early an opening. I can understand some things need to be finished at opening but this is pretty bad.

May I ask that the reviews specify whether it's for the Zilara side or the Ziva side preferably in separate threads - or we may have another joint review thread.

Peteropny - co-mod- Hyatt
i think joint thread is suitable. but, Zilara is completely closed right now. my pictures have been of Zilara side due to our room facing that mess right now
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
You've gotta be kidding me. My family and I will be arriving here in a few days since we have two rooms booked at the Zilara. Honestly, if the resort is like this then they should've postponed the opening date again, so everything is ready and the guests don't have to see the on-going construction/landscaping work being done.

I honestly want to contact Hyatt and ask them to reaccommodate us during a different timeframe, while honoring the compensation that were given when the first delayed opening was announced.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:28 pm

Hyatt Rose Hall needs to fire their social media team...they are posting blatant and outright lies on Facebook concerning Zilara's status.

This is the latest message they have posted about 20 times today, instead of addressing honest questions with truthful answers.

Hyatt Rose Hall is now open and welcoming guests with luxury accommodations and services.

Last edited by bmrisko; Dec 10, 2014 at 3:37 pm
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Got off the phone with the Diamond line and was told that they were notified about the delayed opening at the Zilara today as well. I was also told that someone will reach out to me within 24 hours about rebookings.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:39 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Mind boggling that they opened today. If they move a guest from the Zilara to the Ziva is that not considered a walk?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mrredskin
i think joint thread is suitable. but, Zilara is completely closed right now. my pictures have been of Zilara side due to our room facing that mess right now
I've structured it as a joint thread right now but when reviews start to diverge, please be clear and separate them out. It's rather difficult judgement call to make which thread posts belong in after a while. I've tried to separate out some review threads in the past and it's rather difficult.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:00 pm

This post is very helpful and very disappointing. Presumably the photos were taken today.

It is astonishing and gravely disappointing that Hyatt is posting quite different images on the Facebook page. Truly deceptive.

Do have correctly understand that everyone is being housed in Ziva (ex Ritz Carlton) and that there is no adults only facility and will not be until January?

Further updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for this post.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:07 pm

ok I have a Few minutes before getting ready for dinner at Calypso later.

we were greeted as one of the first couples ay the resort today. Upon arrival the GM and a camera crew met us at the entrance to Ziva lobby. This was when I realized there was an issue with Zilara.

Many, many employees were there to welcome us. check-in took about 10 minutes for both of us (us and another couple).

our bellhop took us on a tour of Ziva side, which is where most every restaurant is located. there were several workers we passed that were still painting and landscaping. no big deal. I expected this.

Then, he took us to our rooms. West wing of Ziva (which looks at Ziva on the East and Zilara on West. this is part of tho old Ritz.

Neither bank of elevators were operable. One of these have since been fixed, fortunately. Everything deteriorated on our walk from the Ziva to our room. All of the pictures you see have been from the West Wing except the tractor. Our bell hop had to take our luggage up the stairs. Felt bad for the situation they put him in.

I can't describe our thoughts on what we saw when he showed us the balcony overlooking the Zilara except for what I've already posted.

I just read the above-mentioned post. yes. everything is Ziva. Zilara does not exist , yet. apologies for grammatical errors.. typing on cell.

There are still people waiting on rooms to be finished so they can have a place to sleep tonight.

one of my outlets in my room doesn't work. just discovered this as I'm texting

I already posted about the exposed hot wire.

Security knocked this afternoon so someone could put the fire/escape/emergency map on the back of the door.

Bright side:

EVERY staff member has been incredible. The pool staff, especially. It's the one bright spot so far.

I had a few moments to speak to the GM earlier and will comment on that in a few days.

I would not expect a mostly flawless experience until a month from now or longer

Last edited by mrredskin; Dec 10, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.