Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Award chart changes (Effective Jan 22, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...ates-2015.html
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:04 pm
formerly lcag08

PH Maldives moving to CAT7. Was inevitable. Glad I've got my 8 nights booked in already.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not bad overall - more move down a cat than up...
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
more move down a cat than up...
Empty metric. The ones people care about (viz. Maldives) tend to move up.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by azepine00
Not bad overall - more move down a cat than up...
In addition Six properties moved from a Cat 5 to Cat 4..... which now qualifies for the Hyatt Chase Card free anniversary night

Three moved from 4 to 5....
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:33 pm

blah
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Doesn't look too bad, at least based on where I've stayed at in the past or may use points for in the future.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:40 pm

Really not bad.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's great to see we've got several weeks to book at the old level.

On January 22, 2015, we will implement changes to the Hyatt Gold Passport® Award Chart. This shift will include 48 hotels moving to a lower category and 22 hotels moving to a higher category. A complete list of the changes that will take place are listed below.

Between now and January 22, 2015, all award bookings can be made using the current award chart. Existing reservations for stays subsequent to January 21, 2015, will receive a refund for the point difference if the hotel moved to a lower category.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:48 pm

Have been putting off booking a PH Maldives trip in April, time to stop being lazy..
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by davie355
Empty metric. The ones people care about (viz. Maldives) tend to move up.
Compared to the bloodbaths routinely visited upon members of the HH and SPG programs, these Hyatt changes are minimal and extremely customer-friendly, IMO. Sure, the PH Maldives move has high visibility, but it was completely expected, and only impacts a tiny portion of Hyatt customers. If we're going to whine about category increases, the changes at GH Macau and PH Seoul are likely to impact many more members than PH Maldives.

IMO, this is another year of minimal changes, and I applaud Hyatt for being so reasonable, especially in light of a booming hotel market in many parts of the world, with paid rates through the roof. Now, make sure that there's a decent level of P&C availability, and the program continues to deserve high marks. ^
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Originally Posted by jpdx
IMO, this is another year of minimal changes, and I applaud Hyatt for being so reasonable, especially in light of a booming hotel market in many parts of the world, with paid rates through the roof. Now, make sure that there's a decent level of P&C availability, and the program continues to deserve high marks. ^
Agreed. This really wasn't bad. And, since the PH Maldives doesn't allow the use of a DSU to begin with, the change in category isn't all that bad as there is no value for a C+P redemption if looking for an upgrade
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Sad for Hyatt (good for us) that another PH drops a category. Last time PH Aviara dropped, this time PH DC drops from 6 to 5. Can't imagine that PH Chicago is far behind, especially with all the more superior 5* hotels in Chicago.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
There are a lot of positives there!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Can't say I didn't expect it. Planning PH Maldives for 2016, but already have the points banked for our 6 nights, even with the changes. The best part of their changes though is that they're still allowing bookings for a little while longer under the old category system.

Last edited by joecool1885; Dec 9, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.