FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Good Deal at GH Washington DC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1634118-good-deal-gh-washington-dc.html)

Mary2e Dec 4, 2014 9:53 am

Good Deal at GH Washington DC

A really good deal :)

I just checked rates for the days between Christmas and NY and found they're offering a $96 daily rate. This was the MER rate.

SCEflyer Dec 4, 2014 4:08 pm

HR Penns Landing - Philadelphia

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 23941699)
A really good deal :)

I just checked rates for the days between Christmas and NY and found they're offering a $96 daily rate. This was the MER rate.

It is that time of year. I was able to reserve a room for three nights in PHL for just a bit more $$. Also, I have been able to use a Diamond suite upgrade to upgrade to a VIP suite.

nineworldseries Dec 4, 2014 4:26 pm

"Please be advised that Grand Hyatt Washington will be undergoing a lobby makeover this winter, starting December 17, 2014"

This could have something to do with it too.

bambikatz Dec 4, 2014 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries (Post 23943899)
"Please be advised that Grand Hyatt Washington will be undergoing a lobby makeover this winter, starting December 17, 2014"

The weekend MER here has been around $103 for the last couple of weeks.

GUWonder Dec 4, 2014 5:24 pm

Hotels in the DC area are at -- or close to some of -- their lowest prices during the Christmas to New Years Eve period. And for hotels in this category in DC, it's been bargain hunting period for as long as I can remember.

I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel is available for less than $88/night during that period.

file51 Dec 5, 2014 3:47 pm

I will be staying at this hotel from the 25th through to the New Year.

Originally I had it booked at $104 (MER) with a DSU confirmed

A quick call last week after seeing the rate go down and now it is locked in for $95 per night with DSU still confirmed...

So long as the lounge doesn't close, I will be a very happy camper with plans to spend a lot of time in the museums and monuments that week :-)

dsquared37 Dec 6, 2014 2:36 am

These low rates started on Fri Nov 21. We stayed at the HR Washington for $80/night ($91 a/i) that weekend and took a night at the GH for $103 a/i.

etsmyers Dec 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Negatory sir, this and the Regency have great rates these weeks. We went every year for 4 years. Always used SUG. One year they had lobster in the club.

Mary2e Jan 1, 2015 12:16 pm

I had to cancel my trip, which was schedule to end today :(

Oh well, perhaps I can try again next year.