Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Given sushi, burger, and champagne only for it to be taken away :/

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum

We are currently staying at Park Hyatt Chicago and we were delivered an extraordinary amount of food. We were very excited as we thought hyatt concierge was giving us a complimentary meal due to the instance where you could tweet hyatt concierge and they could possibly give you a surprise during your stay. (We did get chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the early afternoon.)

Well after the food was delivered to our room and everything was set on the table, we get a call that says it was sent to the wrong room and if we wanted to keep it we would have to pay for it. I understand that mistakes do happen but it did bum us out when it was taken away. :/
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Jerryf08
We are currently staying at Park Hyatt Chicago and we were delivered an extraordinary amount of food. We were very excited as we thought hyatt concierge was giving us a complimentary meal due to the instance where you could tweet hyatt concierge and they could possibly give you a surprise during your stay. (We did get chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the early afternoon.)

Well after the food was delivered to our room and everything was set on the table, we get a call that says it was sent to the wrong room and if we wanted to keep it we would have to pay for it. I understand that mistakes do happen but it did bum us out when it was taken away. :/
That's ridiculous, I wonder if they took it from your room and then delivered it to the original customer? And did they tell them and give them the choice to have a new one?

It's been my experience that food delivered in error is usually offered for free in this type of situation, since most respectable wouldn't re-serve it to the original customer!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
They couldn't serve it again....

Health code violation.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:32 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Jerryf08! We're sorry to hear about this. If you can please PM your stay details, I am more than happy to follow up with the hotel about this.

Thanks,

Sarah
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
On the upside, you're probably better off, as the combo of sushi, burger, and champagne just doesn't do it for me. Sounds like some guests with an "eclectic" palate are staying there also.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
They couldn't serve it again....

Health code violation.
That is what I suspected, basically a waste of food. Sad.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Jerryf08! We're sorry to hear about this. If you can please PM your stay details, I am more than happy to follow up with the hotel about this.

Thanks,

Sarah
Hi Sarah, I sent you a PM regarding my stay details. Thank you for following up with me.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
That is what I suspected, basically a waste of food. Sad.
*sigh*

I do love this property and stay there often, but it saddens me to hear that snafus of this sort still happen there. That was a bad call on someone's part.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

I was very surprised with the outcome, I am curious to what they did with the food as well. Like I said I understand that mistakes happen but as DeepUnderground said, I would have thought that they would just let me keep it. In the end we ended up having dinner elsewhere.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:58 pm

Ridiculous. I have never understood why the Park Hyatt in the city of Hyatt headquarters is not one of the best properties in town.

There should have been service recovery even if the food was removed. Unless the bottle of Champagne was very expensive, I do not see why the hotel didn't just comp the food if the OP was happy with it. It is not as though they can serve it to another person anyway after it has been in someone else's room.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:05 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
But did you sign the bill with your name and room number? I would never sign something with an amount other than breakfast that will be wiped at checkout for Diamonds.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
But did you sign the bill with your name and room number? I would never sign something with an amount other than breakfast that will be wiped at checkout for Diamonds.
No I didn't sign anything. Concierge had brought it to my room, opened the champagne bottle, asked how our stay was, and then left. There was no mention of any charge which is why I thought it was compliments of concierge. Shortly thereafter I recieved the phone call saying it wasn't meant for our room.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:37 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
No I didn't sign anything. Concierge had brought it to my room, opened the champagne bottle, asked how our stay was, and then left. There was no mention of any charge which is why I thought it was compliments of concierge. Shortly thereafter I recieved the phone call saying it wasn't meant for our room.
In that case enjoy! If they plan to take it from your room to the correct guest's they are violating whatever the health codes are in your area. They can't charge you for something that is their mistake and one you haven't authorised!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nothing preventing them from taking it away though if it wasn't yours to begin with, and that seems to be what was done..... Serving it to another guest is just speculation.

If it's a sensible course of action is something else.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
It is time to sign up for Twitter after all, isn't it ?

During my last stay at a Hyatt (apparently without having a Twitter account) my room came with two apples (one was highly questionable...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.