Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
It does look very nice. But checking dates in November I also noticed the lack of award nights.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by invalyd
The property looks quite dated to me although the location may be convenient. A colleague of mine booked a room there on points and they cancelled his reservation without explanation.
I think it was just renovated. It's a historic building, more or less in the corner of Tokyo Station closest to the Imperial Palace and the Palace Hotel (northeast?).

BTW, for a random night in August I'm seeing the cheapest room is over 97,000 yen (about a thousand dollars) for a junior suite. Specialty suites cost several times that amount.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think it was just renovated. It's a historic building, more or less in the corner of Tokyo Station closest to the Imperial Palace and the Palace Hotel (northeast?).

BTW, for a random night in August I'm seeing the cheapest room is over 97,000 yen (about a thousand dollars) for a junior suite. Specialty suites cost several times that amount.
Yes, it was renovated, maybe about 18 months ago. But I would seriously doubt it is worth that asking price, which is way more than (say) the nearby Four Seasons.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
There's a new Hyatt affiliate (SLH?) that's located right at/in Tokyo Station, although it's extremely expensive for random dates I noticed and/or seems never to have rooms available for points. However, it looks gorgeous.

The property is physically part of Tokyo Station, although it is not possible to walk directly into Tokyo Station AFAIK (have to exit outdoors first). The hotel is on the JR side by the Marunouchi South gate so is not that convenient to the shinkansen or any of the stores/shops/restaurants on the Yaesu side.

TBH the room rates are typically ridiculous, so it seems quite poor value.

EDIT: It was pointed out in another thread that there is a back entrance directly from Tokyo Station.
MSPeconomist and invalyd like this.

Last edited by gengar; Dec 25, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by invalyd
The property looks quite dated to me although the location may be convenient.
Dated? They practically tore down and rebuilt the place over several years time. It's barely been five years since opening.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
It's a historic building, more or less in the corner of Tokyo Station closest to the Imperial Palace and the Palace Hotel (northeast?).
Tokyo Station Hotel is on the side closest to Imperial Palace / Palace Hotel, but that is the west / Marunouchi side. Palace Hotel is to the northwest of Tokyo Station.

Last edited by gengar; Sep 30, 2019 at 4:39 am
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:20 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I would argue the Grand Hyatt on this one, but its also personal preference.

Much great information can be had in this thread:
which Hyatt in Tokyo?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Hyatt Regency is above the Tochomae subway line stop. It was super convenient for us. Also walking distance to Shinjuku.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even Tokyo Gajoen is only a short walk from JR Line.

The only "Tokyo" Hyatt with poor access to mass transit is Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
Hyatt Regency is above the Tochomae subway line stop. It was super convenient for us. Also walking distance to Shinjuku.
Yes. We loved the HR for this reason. And the shuttle was never more than 5-10 minutes wait on either end. We LOVED being so close to the Shinjuku hub of activity.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Yes. We loved the HR for this reason. And the shuttle was never more than 5-10 minutes wait on either end. We LOVED being so close to the Shinjuku hub of activity.
And a straight train to Roppongi.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Aventine
And a straight train to Roppongi.
It's a straight train to Roppongi, but you need your passport to get in and out of the platform. So deep underground it's probably another country.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickles
It's a straight train to Roppongi, but you need your passport to get in and out of the platform. So deep underground it's probably another country.
Indeed, based on the small signs at the Roppongi Oedo line station giving the depth, I was able to compute that the lowest level station is approximately 15 stories underground! But at least the escalators always work.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
PHT seems to have massively improved the Twilight drinks menu.

They include real cocktails and more premium items now. Canapes are still the same.

PHT Twilight 1

PHT Twilight 2
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I said in the PHT thread, I have always ordered Cocktails at Twilight Time. Nothing new here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.