Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Andaz on any day
And GH for Explorists.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Andaz offers either breakfast in a restaurant or a room service credit of similar value that can be used for breakfast or any other time of day.
This is not a standard benefit for Globs at Andaz Tokyo. They will do it on request for those with special needs, such as a very early departure or physical handicap, but even then it will take some going back and forth depending on who you ask.
Central90210 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
You paid 8000 points per night extra for a club room when you already get club access via status?
didnt realize that, was in a rush — thanks, I fixed it ...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:33 pm

PH or GH for an Explorist?

And GH for Explorists.
I'm planning a last minute trip to Tokyo, and only PH and GH are available. As an Explorist using free night certificates, which one should I pick?

(Main activities will be sightseeing and shopping, not planning to use the pool/spa at the hotel.)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kaitlin
I'm planning a last minute trip to Tokyo, and only PH and GH are available. As an Explorist using free night certificates, which one should I pick?

(Main activities will be sightseeing and shopping, not planning to use the pool/spa at the hotel.)
I'd do GH- better location and you can use lounge as explorist.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I'd do GH- better location and you can use lounge as explorist.
How does an explorist use the lounge at GH when staying on a free night certificate?
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
How does an explorist use the lounge at GH when staying on a free night certificate?
Just looked at the T & C. they are getting picky.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:19 am

While I personally would prefer the PH, from what you're saying the GH sounds more suitable for your needs.
The GH is considerably more convenient for public transportation, this can be especially important if you want to go out, come back, and then go out again. Having to take the 2 elevators at the PH can also be time consuming, vs. easy in and out at GH.
The PH has a much better atmosphere, but if you're going to be out all day, that does not mean much.
As for the room, the bedroom area and view are much nicer at the PH, but the shower is much nicer at the the GH. PH has nice toiletries, GH has crap; but that's again something that is not especially important.

In short, I would book the GH, but keep checking the Andaz just in case it opens up. While the Andaz is arguably slightly less convenient than the GH (and again the 2 elevators), it is exponentially better than the GH, especially with the free perks for all guests, since you'll get nothing at all at GH.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Dec 14, 2017 at 2:05 am
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd choose the Park Hyatt. Mainly because it doesn't sound like you will be a frequent visitor to Tokyo, and everyone should experience PHT at least once (it is a sightseeing destination in its own right)

Plus it's much cooler to tell people that you stayed there.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:31 am

If you had a small kid (approx. 2 years old) would the Hyatt Regency be the best bet for the ease of transportation? Seems like the 15 minute walks and/or shuttles required by the others would be a pain. Or does one of the others have such a great location to make up for it, like the Centric Ginza?

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
As far as transportation goes, the GH is also quite good because you're literally sitting on top of a metro station.
Teddy Ruxpin likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry, got confused, mods please delete
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Teddy Ruxpin
If you had a small kid (approx. 2 years old) would the Hyatt Regency be the best bet for the ease of transportation? Seems like the 15 minute walks and/or shuttles required by the others would be a pain. Or does one of the others have such a great location to make up for it, like the Centric Ginza?

Thanks!
I'd rather be at the Centric or GH if depending on things being around and public transit. Public transit for Andaz is only a bother when it's raining.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
I have two small kids and opted for the Andaz(we love the hard product) on both of our visits last year. The short walk to the station wasn't bad at all.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This question got a lot more complicated after SLH partnership hotels started being added.

Will Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay also count for this topic?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.