Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by footastic
+1 - Always prefer the PH if my corp rate is avail. PH perks are at least 250$ per day for globs if used fully (for 2). I have gotten my MIL hooked on PHT (she now wants to end every trip at this property for several nights). She was not super impressed with Andaz Tokyo - however that likely was due to just how great we get treated at PHT & she has a bad taste from the "youthful" andaz brand at other locations (personally I like the Andaz Tokyo).
Actually, I should have said as a Glob with a TSU I would always choose the PH. I much prefer the standard room at the Andaz to the standard room at the PH, so I would have to weigh that against the room service breakfast, Twilight Time, and spa access at the PH. I think that for us those perks would still make the PH our choice, but it would not be as easy a decision.

I think the important thing in deciding which Hyatt in Tokyo one wants to stay at is first to understand your own priorities. Do you have status? And if you do have status, understand the differences in perks and determine whether they are of value to you. Do you want to be close to a specific location? Would you use the spa? Want easy access to public transpiration? Value the view from the room? Prefer having a club lounge? etc. etc. etc.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Hi All

Thanks for all of the helpful posts. My wife and I are planning a trip to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto). Am planning 6 days in Tokyo. I am a globalist and there is TSU available at GH (haven't checked others yet) for the dates I'm looking at. Having been to Roponggi before (for work), not sure I would want to spend 6 days there, but am open to thoughts. What do people suggest, as between GH, Andaz and PH, taking into account location (primary) and status benefits (secondary). Am planning on staying C+P, which is available on my dates as well.

Thanks in advance.

cheers
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The GH has the advantage that it is a 5 minute walk from 2 subway lines (Oedo and Hibiya lines). The Park Hyatt is a 10 minute walk to either the Oedo or Shinjuku subway line, and a 12-15 minute walk to Shinjuku station which has JR, Keio, Odakyu, and Seibu Shinjuku train lines and Maronouchi, Shinkjuku, and Oedo subway lines. But people on this forum often complain how far the PH is from transport stations, although the hotel does run a free shuttle to and from near Shinjuku station until 9:30pm daily.

Never been to the Andaz, I'll let someone else comment on that.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Andaz is about a 5 min walk to Toranomon Station (Ginza line).
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by konaflyer
In mid-May 2018, we will be staying for ... 3 nights in Tokyo . We have ... Hyatt (Explorist) 3 free nights certificates & points [and] have never been [to Tokyo] so we would like to see some of the major attractions. We would love to be able to walk to some or take a nearby subway. We will be arriving by train into [Tokyo]. We like to stay in historic hotels or ones with striking architecture. And we love club floors when we can get upgraded or pay extra for entry. We want to use the Hyatt free nights on this trip because they expire soon.

I've been torn between the Park Hyatt and the Andaz in Tokyo so I'd love some input on that.
Responding to your post in the Japan Forum, amended to make the discussion topical to this thread.

Having just stayed at the PH and currently at the Andaz, it's hard for me to suggest the PH to a first-time vistor to Tokyo with mid-level Explorist status over the Andaz. The basic Andaz King Room is very nice and as an Explorist you will likely get a room with a decent view. There are complimentary soft drinks, water, and coffee in the lobby. There's also a multitude of restaurants in all price ranges within a ten-minute walking radius and proximity to a number of transit options.

While we very much enjoyed the PH, we did spend a bit of time walking to transit or waiting for the shuttle to Shinjuku and with only three days in Tokyo, I'm not sure you have time to spare for such things. I found the walk from the Andaz to Shinbashi to be much more interesting than the walk from the PH to Shinjuku. I'd actually recommend the Centric in Ginza as the best place for a first-time visitor.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The basement restaurant floor at the Park Tower has 8 Japanese restaurants There are also 3 Western, 2 Chinese, one Indian, one fast food (Subway), and 2 cafes, for a total of 17 F&B outlets ....
And you even forgot one: the cafe on the 3rd floor near the Conran shop (which is, admittedly, easy to forget).
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Hi , I'm looking to book Tokyo on points - I'm planning to be there Jan 19-24 2018 -- neither the Park Hyatt or Andaz are showing points availability at all -- I was able to book the Grand Hyatt - 33k points per night, but I'd prefer one of the others
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks
Hi , I'm looking to book Tokyo on points - I'm planning to be there Jan 19-24 2018 -- neither the Park Hyatt or Andaz are showing points availability at all -- I was able to book the Grand Hyatt - 33k points per night, but I'd prefer one of the others
Pretty much your main remaining hope is to keep checking back, particularly as time gets closer.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 4aks
You paid 8000 points per night extra for a club room when you already get club access via status?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:38 am

Can someone please summarise the glob status benefits for the Andaz, PH and GH which are property specific?

For example, I have seen mention of twilight drinks and spa at PH. I assume PH and Andaz don’t have lounges, so b’fast in restaurant included. What do they offer by way of alternative to GH club canapés?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dtm1
Can someone please summarise the glob status benefits for the Andaz, PH and GH which are property specific?

For example, I have seen mention of twilight drinks and spa at PH. I assume PH and Andaz don’t have lounges, so b’fast in restaurant included. What do they offer by way of alternative to GH club canapés?
All of them offer free swimwear rental for globs.

GH has a club, from which you must partake in breakfast. PH offers breakfast either in the restaurant or through room service. Andaz offers either breakfast in a restaurant or a room service credit of similar value that can be used for breakfast or any other time of day.

PH also offers free access to Club on the Park and their Twilight Time evening drinks and canapés service in the Peak Bar. Andaz doesn't offer anything special in the evening to globs; every staying guest gets to partake in simple canapés and alcholic beverages.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by hailstorm
GH has a club, from which you must partake in breakfast. PH offers breakfast either in the restaurant or through room service. Andaz offers either breakfast in a restaurant or a room service credit of similar value that can be used for breakfast or any other time of day.
Breakfast-wise, I'd rank them Andaz>PHT>>>GHT. Whether the Andaz breakfast is better than the PHT could be up for debate. That both are vastly superior to the slop in an unpleasant setting that the GHT offers, is not even a question.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:12 pm

So, if comparing Andaz and GH for a tourist with globalist status - which wins?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Andaz on any day ending with a “y”

[said while eating breakfast at the Andaz from a corner window table.]
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:25 pm

Thanks - I think that does it for me!
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.